It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to make an RSS feed for ATS? Would you like one? [Solved]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
What do you guys think of that? Would you like to have an ATS RSS Feed on your desktop displaying New Topics?

5 latest "NEW-PICKS: Newest Flags"
5 latest "NEW-HOT: Active New Topics"

I've got a RRS feed on my desktop for World News. It's rather ugly, and not only that but I hate MSM and would rather have ATS news as my RSS feed. So I was wondering if it was possible to make an ATS feed or not.

Don't know what RSS feed is? Check picture below. This is a screen shot of my desktop;

I'm going to try and create an ATS one IF I can but for some reason I'm probably not going to get anywhere with this. I think I'll start off buy using this BBC RSS News Feed and editing it's file.

j-5.deviantart.com...

I hope somebody other than me is interested in something like this. I hope someone will come along, and hopefully be able to actually make a working ATS RSS Feed

Regards
edit on 29-5-2012 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2012 by TheProphetMark because: It's possible to make one. I changed the Title to add in [Solved]

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Have you checked out the ATS Trending Pages link at the top of the page. It's really a nifty and eye catching feature. It opens to a page of it's own.

Des

edit on 29-5-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
That or a decent Iphone, android, and Ipad app.

I mean I am sure I see enough crappy Flash ads to pay for the development...

Damnt, I clicked the pizza hut one today too and ordered... Its working their diabolic ploy has worked.
edit on 29-5-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Well I managed to make one. I don't know how I succeed, but I'm suprised I did. It also updates all the live feeds from the "new topics rss feed" under the NEW TOPICS tab on ATS.

Here's a picture of it. Let me know if you want this one.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
That or a decent Iphone, android, and Ipad app.

I mean I am sure I see enough crappy Flash ads to pay for the development...

Damnt, I clicked the pizza hut one today too and ordered... Its working their diabolic ploy has worked.
edit on 29-5-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

Lol, I always wanted an iPod app too. Glad you brought it up though.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Nah, we've been told there will be no phone/tablet app as the webpage works perfectly on a mobile phone as it is.

also, lol, if you look on the main page, you'll see links at the bottom.

One links to the RSS feeds.

Unfortunately, I think the RSS feed broke the T&C because it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

lol

edit on 30-5-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
feeds.abovetopsecret.com...

feeds.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks to you I now have two different RSS Feeds on my Desktop. One is for the rss feed on ATS New Topics and the other is for the ATS Top Topics. Thank you, wouldn't have found it without you.

For those who want them on their desktop as well, as shown in my last screenshot simply send me a message and I will send you a link for the zip file containing the files and the instructions. I'm removing this thread off my subscription list as I've already solved what I was looking for. Feel free to message me if you wish to have them as well.

new topics

top topics

join