It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consequences if martial law is enacted?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
QUESTION: If due to whatever event; natural, civil, military, or disease if martial law is enacted in 1,2, or more major U.S. cities what will happen to U.S< citizens who are out of the country. Will they be allowed to return or detained wherever they may be? ... it just seems like one of those political loop-holes.... II really would like to know though

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 42sadhu

I must be misunderstanding you (but I do that all the time). Say the military takes over St. Louis. That means that the military sets all the rules. They'd probably put on a curfew and some checkpoints, and whatever else they felt like doing. If I'm flying home from Italy, why would I be detained? What does landing at JFK have to do with St. Louis?

Even if I lived in St. Louis, I would expect them to let me in after a thorough search. Of course, then I'd be subject to the same martial law that all the other citizens were.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

what im meaning is that say if ML is declared in chicago and detroit and new york ... that will obviously cause an uprising of sorts nationwide ... so if there is some sort of nationwide ML(if it exists) what are the implications for travellers

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
A big enough "event" and the masses will ask for martial law.

I fear if all these conspiracy are true what that event might look like.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 42sadhu

I would think that the only way some one traveling out of the country might have a problem getting back in, is if the WHOLE country [God forbid] were to be under Martial law. If that were the case, hypothetically speaking, they would be under extreme security scrutiny and prolonged questioning. Such as where are you from/ where are you going/ where did you just come from....then after you proved you weren't a threat, then maybe they would allow you to enter.

But if it was just a couple of cities under martial law, they would only be under the scrutiny of the local airports. Being hassled by the TSA, but they do that any way, the TSA that is.

I can only imagine what the TSA would do in a case like martial law. If they act like Pit Bulls now, what would they become in a scenario like that?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 42sadhu

I doubt there would be a large reaction . People are working hard to maintain what they have and to heck with what does not affect them personally .That's exactly how the Global Government was able to ensnare us with all the legislation and Executive Orders over the years . But they know that .

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 42sadhu

Dear 42sadhu,

Thanks for the clarification. I'm still a little uncertain, but let me try again.

I'm assuming that in your scenario martial law was declared after you left the country. (If it was declared before you left then getting out of the country might be tricky.) So you're in, say Portugal, and the US declares nationwide martial law. May I make a suggestion? Stay in Portugal!

But if you must get back then you check in with the embassy and find out what the rules are. That's the key to your question. Any rules can be applied, so I can't tell you for sure what would happen or what rules the government would settle on. If it's an epidemic, no, you're not leaving the country. If it's a flood or fire, they might encourage you to leave.

My favorite answer in all the world applies here: "It depends."

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

thats exactly the scenario ... except for not portugal haha ... but yea i assumed as much that it wouldnt be easy but i just am unsure is all but thanks for the reply

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 42sadhu

what im meaning is that say if ML is declared in chicago and detroit and new york ... that will obviously cause an uprising of sorts nationwide ... so if there is some sort of nationwide ML(if it exists) what are the implications for travellers

Um, don't expect a lot of tourist dollars to offset your taxes in an area under Marshal Law? If you insist on going to a location under Marshal law and they let you, you would be subject to Marshal law. You ain't getting out again, that's a one way ticket until Marshal law is lifted.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I guess I would answer your question with a question.

Why would anybody want to come back to a country under ML? I would be working my hardest to get out. I guess the whole be with family thing maybe but if I was out of country during ML, I would be working on getting my family where I am, not getting me where they are. Basically at that point, I would consider myself a refugee.
edit on 30-5-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
They'd probably let you back in if you were a US citizen and your passport checked out and everything... You might be given asylum, if the country you were in was not on board with America's martial law plan.

new topics

top topics

join