It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan vs God - Which do you prefer?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

is that really a question? how n00b...

well, its not MY fate!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Isn't Satan just God on a bad day?

edit on 30-5-2012 by DeReK DaRkLy because: ...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Satan and Lucifer are not the same thing. Lucifer is the angel or music and wisdom, and known as the light bearer. Lucifer is not inherently evil or good, but Satan is the embodiment of everything that is the opposite of God.

The fall from Heaven and the creation of this universe (or duality) was divinely ordained, because it was a possibility and God aloud it.

I choose god, because in the end we all are a part of God experiencing its own creation. I have my own beliefs in god and intelligent design to the universe outside of conventional religion.

edit on 30-5-2012 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Most Christians follow The Bible and refuse Knowledge because this is what Satan gave and it is evil, but Christians do not fully reject knowledge because they still learn to read and write and go to school.

You have no idea what you're talking about, you're the one playing devil's advocate. Going to quote me some out of date old testament at me now?

New book, new covenant, new people.

What good is knowledge without the wisdom to wield it, hm? Take a look around at the world you so called "knowledgeable" people of science are doing to everything around you. How you destroy the only world we have for the lust of riches and greed. Murdering millions of innocent babies a year (abortion), cutting into the bottom of the seas and causing oil leaks that destroys entire oceanic and marsh based life and their attending ecosystems. Unleashing horrors like Pripyat (Chernobyl) and Fukushima japan where the cesium and radiation infects and causes cancer in dolphins, seals, sea lions and is found in west coast tuna and crabs in the crab/fishing industry. Look at all the people living in boxes in New York City and around the world not just the U.S. but the entire world, people starving to death. Oh lets look at the pharmaceutical companies like Baxter, infecting africans with HIV laced aspirin and a host of other horrifying experiments on humans. Lets look at all the wars raging across the entire planet over money, and lucrative natural recources like crude oil or gold and precious gems. Cooking up wars to drive up gasoline prices and engaging in price fixing to screw people out of what little money they make to feed their families with, so much to the point they have to resort to dumpster diving to survive (like Greece) and even many parts of the U.S., the destruction of south american rainforests to build interstates and plantations and robbing the native tribal peoples and animals of homes.

Bang up job you're doing without Jesus, bravo! /golfclap, keep up the good work! Soon we won't have a planet left that can sustain life

edit on 30-5-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Ignorance is bliss, until people start using the knowledge for evil and take advantage of those who are ignorant The ignorant will begin to want to know what's going on. It's why many people are starting to wake up.
edit on 30-5-2012 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

I lost my train of thought. So couldn't explain the point I was trying to make. I wanted to explain how God is in my opinion, immature and why I wouldn't choose neither. I would just tell them both to get a long and forgive eachother. But I don't believe in God but I can't say the Bible isn't a good book. It's simply there to help advance humanity and I believe that is the sole purpose behind it. Sorry.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
How do you know God without knowing Satan? The Bible doesn't get you to know God, you have to form a personal relationship with God, because God isn't some entity in the sky. He is omnipotent, omnipresent, and all those things because he is you. He is your inner ego. God is emotion. Satan is also you, he is desire. He is not a physical or spiritual entity. He is just an interpretation of human craving, while God is the craving of the mind.

Another thing you can interpet it as, is Satan is want, while God is need. I would prefer both. The goal of life is to end up not wanting anything. After you give up want, you will only have need. You won't cloud your mind with evil intentions of getting what you want, because you will have everything you need. Everything in the world is caused by the greed of people who want. I think Christianity teaches this, as a matter of fact, I think Jesus' original teachings (the ones without all the magic and mumbo-jumbo to glorify him, if he even existed that is) are just Bhuddist teachings spoken through his toungue, so that the people of that time could understand.

Once you give up 'want', well...that's where we are trying to go, isn't it ,my friend?

I prefer both. Let's see it through.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion
reply to post by SimonPeter

Then god would be the light bringer correct? That makes him Lucifer.

Perhaps you would like to read my thread on the Morning Star?
Jesus and Lucifer, One and the Same!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
reply to post by autowrench

That puts me in mind of Oberon Zell's continuous rant "The serpent never lied! The serpent never lied!"

maybe because The serpent didn't lie. The serpent told them that God was a liar, that when they ate the fruit on that very day - they will NOT die AND their eyes will be opened, and guess what? They didn't. They lived to be 900 and something years old and their eyes were opened.

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by arpgme

Bang up job you're doing without Jesus, bravo! /golfclap, keep up the good work! Soon we won't have a planet left that can sustain life

edit on 30-5-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

Who was it again who said to worry about the earth (things) focus on heaven where the mouth doesn't destroy? Oh yeah, that was Jesus.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Strange how you posit Satan as knowledge. The Sanskrit word for truth is Shaitan. The hebrew meaning for satan is Adversary. Truth is the adversary.
I pick peace ! homie !

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dizTheWiz

I retract my previous statement i can no longer find a source for the shaitan meaning i gave. i am finding the exact opposite of the meaning i posted.
non truth is the adversary . yeah i guess that sounds better.
edit on 31-5-2012 by dizTheWiz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dizTheWiz

The Hebrew is " ha'satan" (the accuser)

Its only a title. His proper name is/was "Heylel". It means a " crescent moon".

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I U2Ued you, mate.
Peace and freedom.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Wow, I just read your post, out of curiosity.
You do read hebrew! That moon crescent is revealing.

I give you a star.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

God made the Satan too...

The choice is obvious...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

reply to post by arpgme

Lucifer being a light bringer is not much different than god in many ways, reaches back to Mesopotamia some say. So in fact with that being the case God in the Christian sense is Lucifer in many ways, just two different forms of god. So I would say choosing one or the other in that case is in fact choosing god. That is my opinion.

Edit: Lucifer is simply the light bringer or the morning star, and matches with Marduk.
edit on 5/29/1212 by Golithion because: Brain fart.

Wrong! Not light "bringer" but light "BEARer", meaning he bears the light. Or originally was created to. "Lucifer" is a Latinized name. His actual name is Heylel which means " crescent moon". Morning Star is a name Christ reserves for Himself in the book of Revelation. Be careful NOT to get the two confused. The moon isn't a star, and its a significant celestial body in that its completely incapible of creating it's own light it can only reflect the light of the sun.

Also, Lucifer is only mentioned once in the OT. Lucifer in Isaiah 14:12 is referring to Venus, not Satan or the Devil, etc.

If we read it with our own modern translation it would write "how you have fallen from heaven, O Venus, son of the morning."

The misconception that Lucifer = Satan needs to be squashed.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Perhaps Lucifer : Satan :: Jesus : God

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Neither. I am more a wanderer, someone who stands on the outside.
edit on 31-5-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

reply to post by arpgme

Lucifer being a light bringer is not much different than god in many ways, reaches back to Mesopotamia some say. So in fact with that being the case God in the Christian sense is Lucifer in many ways, just two different forms of god. So I would say choosing one or the other in that case is in fact choosing god. That is my opinion.

Edit: Lucifer is simply the light bringer or the morning star, and matches with Marduk.
edit on 5/29/1212 by Golithion because: Brain fart.

Wrong! Not light "bringer" but light "BEARer", meaning he bears the light. Or originally was created to. "Lucifer" is a Latinized name. His actual name is Heylel which means " crescent moon". Morning Star is a name Christ reserves for Himself in the book of Revelation. Be careful NOT to get the two confused. The moon isn't a star, and its a significant celestial body in that its completely incapible of creating it's own light it can only reflect the light of the sun.

Also, Lucifer is only mentioned once in the OT. Lucifer in Isaiah 14:12 is referring to Venus, not Satan or the Devil, etc.

If we read it with our own modern translation it would write "how you have fallen from heaven, O Venus, son of the morning."

The misconception that Lucifer = Satan needs to be squashed.

No. The Hebrew text for that passage is "Heylel". Which is satan's actual proper name. "Lucifer" is a really bad Latin translation. The moon technically bears the light of the sun, however a more accurate translation of Heylel" is crescent moon. "Satan" is just a title, not a name. It means "accuser".

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

Wow, I just read your post, out of curiosity.
You do read hebrew! That moon crescent is revealing.

I give you a star.

Arabic which is also a Semitic language has the same word basically for cescent moon. And im learning to read Hebrew, wouldnt say Im an expert or anything, just a student at this point.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

It's not talking about the moon, it's talking about a fallen Babylonian king. I realize that heylel/heilel/helel is the proper name, but regardless Lucifer in the Bible today is about Venus. Not to mention it's a Latin name in a Hebrew text, which should draw some red flags to begin with. It was a bad translation and people don't realize it, or wish to accept it as such.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join