It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan vs God - Which do you prefer?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This is a very interesting subject because according to The Bible, Adam and Eve was living in Grace with The Love of God until Satan ruined it by giving them Knowledge from The Fruit.

There does seem to be two type of people in this world...

The ones who act from intellect and the ones who act from emotion...

The ones who act from emotion are more likely to believe in a subjective world where thoughts and emotions are able to affect the world.

The ones who act from intellect are more likely to believe in an objective world where things are understood through logic and reasoning.

Most Christians follow The Bible and refuse Knowledge because this is what Satan gave and it is evil, but Christians do not fully reject knowledge because they still learn to read and write and go to school.

If you understand things, then aren't you less likely to hate it? If you know a person's motives and what caused the person to have such a motive, wouldn't that cause people to be more understanding and compassionate to others?

And if you love thing, wouldn't you naturally want to know more about it so that you can actually understand what it is that you are loving?

Is it really possible to fully accept Satan (Knowledge) without God (Emotion/Love)?

What if Knowledge is really the basis of all things? After all, you must understand something in order to love it, and if you choose to have unconditional love, there was an UNDERSTANDING which caused you to make that decision..k.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I would never want to live under a brutal dictator who slaughters millions for the smallest reasons, so yeah I choose satan.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Is this a trick Q?

I choose God.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I have to say that Satan killed a lot fewer people in the Bible. Plus, he does sound like a more fun guy in general. But as jealous and vindictive as the OT God is, I sure wouldn't want to say anything to get him riled up, so I'd better not say anything....
edit on 5/29/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
I would never want to live under a brutal dictator who slaughters millions for the smallest reasons, so yeah I choose satan.

For the sake of argument, we have to pretend that God actually stays true to unconditional love, and that Satan was actually a being who gives knowledge as shown by the serpent in the Garden of Eden.

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Is this a trick Q?

I choose God.

You didn't answer the other questions. Is it possible to have Satan (Knowledge) without God (Love) or do they depend on each other? If you have knowledge wouldn't that understanding lead to compassion (God) and if you have love wouldn't that lead to learning more about them (Satan)?

It seems that ALL people have choosen Satan (Knowledge) to some extent, I have yet to see a person with just emotion (God/Love) without knowledge (Satan).

Even God has knowledge (Satan), yes?
edit on 29-5-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
So long as true names were given to true forces of their respective nature, then the choice is simple. . .neither and both.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Well duh, everyone who has ever died has done so by the hand of God... part of the job. Its like saying "I like the court reporter, shes put far less people in jail than the judge has."

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Wisdom and knowledge arent mutually exclusive terms in the Bible sir. And furthermore, its not a general " knowlege" it was the knowledge of evil.

edit on 29-5-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

You just did .Your choice is duly noted .

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by arpgme

Wisdom and knowledge arent mutually exclusive terms in the Bible sir. And furthermore, its not a general " knowlege" it was the knowledge of evil.

edit on 29-5-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

If you love (God) someone, don't you need Satan (Knowledge of Evil)? Wit ignorance you can keep harming someone and that is not Love (God).

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by Ex_CT2

You just did .Your choice is duly noted .

Noted by whom? So creepy...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I don't agree that knowledge comes from Satan. I also don't agree that God only represents emotions and love.

Therefore I prefer to choose an alternate description of God than the ones offered here.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I think the mistake here is assigning knowledge to Satan alone. Sure, Satan knows a lot of stuff, but that doesn't mean that God doesn't.

If you had asked "Would you rather be filled with love or knowledge," you'd have a more interesting question. I'd pick love, but even here there is overlap. When you love, you learn.

More coffee for me, I'm getting punchy. (Oh, I'll take God any day. The headline is very strange.)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Knowledge is not all evil . Satan does nothing of himself . Satan is not an equal to God , he's subordinate to God .Gods plan for our world as much as some people have contempt for it is his plan . The dynamics of His plan includes good and evil and are necessary to execute that plan . Satan is given the task of bringing out the worst in you and the Lord the best in you .The Almighty Father wants the wheat . God the Father runs the show and just as with anyone in charge there are always detractors and someone who knows better . Some guy who just doesn't get it .

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This is a concept I have been thinking about and am currently writing a story entitled Slide about. Personally I chose god, that is a personal choice I have made. The Story is about what would happen if heaven and hell was reversed. Hell=heaven, Satan=god that sort of thing and how the world would be. But like I said through all my readings I would prefer being under god than a fallen angel, that is if you go by biblical text. If you said Lucifer instead of Satan than we would be having a whole different argument since that has different connotations to it.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

Ok, just replace Satan with Lucifer then and tell me what is your opinion...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Lucifer being a light bringer is not much different than god in many ways, reaches back to Mesopotamia some say. So in fact with that being the case God in the Christian sense is Lucifer in many ways, just two different forms of god. So I would say choosing one or the other in that case is in fact choosing god. That is my opinion.

Edit: Lucifer is simply the light bringer or the morning star, and matches with Marduk.
edit on 5/29/1212 by Golithion because: Brain fart.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Nice try, but there is a difference. Lucifer is the light bearer bringing knowledge, God is love.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

That is if you are talking in a christian sense, open further and you see Lucifer is in fact Marduk. A Mesopotamian god en.wikipedia.org... some say this is the character Jesus was based upon by the New Testament authors. If that is the case Lucifer is in fact Jesus which is in turn god. That is not a try but a reality.

Edit: Lucifer is only mentioned once in the bible in Isaiah.
edit on 5/30/1212 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Lucifer is Satan . I would equate him to a know it all child that knows more than his father and opposes the wisdom of his father . Of course he has followers . God said it was by His indignation that Satan was allowed to do evil . In Isaiah 45 verse 6 God says ; That they may know from the rising of the sun , and from the west, that there is none besides me. I am the Lord and there is none else . Verse 7. God said ;I form the light, and create darkness:I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things .

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Then god would be the light bringer correct? That makes him Lucifer.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join