It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran sends troops to Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Nothing will not come of this.

Speak truth in lies you'll see.

The articles in newspapers..

aren't meant for you and me.

If music could speak volumes

just what would it all say?

About the choices we have made

and where we stand.. today.
edit on 29-5-2012 by angrysniper because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2012 by angrysniper because: I can.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It seems to me that Iran simply wants to keep a " friend " in power , seeing how few they actually have over there .

Iran wants to be the regional power and at the rate things are going Iran will lose that title to Turkey .

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

So I guess the " west " watched the Iranian army get off a plane or boat ?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Thats one of at least two possibilities, the other being, the story is not true.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Iran should want to defend Syria, they could have lucrative oil deals in the making.

Everyone remembers what this is about, right?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I trust a Tehran newspaper for what Iran is doing before I trust any other source!
Are Iranian newspapers free of state control? If Iran did a terrible thing, do you think their press would say "We've done a terrible thing?" If it comes down to Iran's story versus the rest of the world's, do you still go with Iran?

My opinion is that you should be a little more questioning, but that's just an opinion.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

I trust a Tehran newspaper for what Iran is doing before I trust any other source!
Are Iranian newspapers free of state control? If Iran did a terrible thing, do you think their press would say "We've done a terrible thing?" If it comes down to Iran's story versus the rest of the world's, do you still go with Iran?

My opinion is that you should be a little more questioning, but that's just an opinion.

Let us give this extreme consideration...

The US Pentegon has disinformation programs, entire office dedicated to helping put out the news they want put out there concerning the Mideast

Newspapers today no longer care about things such as journalistic integrity and verifying sources... they simply copy-paste and repeat...

Israel was the first to put out the story and has since in every single english article been vomited back up almost verbatim....

Tehran says something completely different, but...a less popular version than those wanting a war with Iran..as in this version there is no need to bomb Iran....

hmmmm
I go with Tehran, verses those who 'promised' and 'swore' Iraq had WMD's
edit on 29-5-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Once again maybe I am missing something , but what is stoping Iran from sending troops ?

What would the UN do ?

Not trying to be a smart ass here , I would really be interested to learn if some resolution was ever past and what backing of force was threatened ?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Islamic law would forbid such an action...

In other words, if Iran did this it would be a violation of Islamic law... the same code of law the country is ran by

They can provide monetary aid, weapons, diplomatic assistance... but that is it... to physically go in is against the law.... Khamanei could be removed from his position as Walayah al Faqih if he did this! To break Islamic law means he looses his position, IMMEDIATELY, should the Ayatollahs request he step down, he would have no choice

There is not even a loophole that I can think of or find short of individual people took it upon themselves to break Islamic law....but sending troops in is a far cry from individual people.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I am not sure if there are any sanctions or embargos preventing it but you would think that we wouldve heard Obama or NATO raising hell about it, if it were true.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Law is open to interpretation ..

Iran simply has to claim that they are " defending " there friends against infidels , problem solved .

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

Law is open to interpretation ..

Iran simply has to claim that they are " defending " there friends against infidels , problem solved .

No! You do not understand... see above... and this is a HUGE law! There are literally THOUSANDS of ahadith on the topic....

Our entire religion is based around and centered on this ONE FACT... under a fallible there is nothing allowed but SELF defense!

no way this can be viewed in a different interpretation. This is NOT Sunni Islam, this is SHIA

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

because i am not directly familiar with Islamic laws, could you be more specific ??
i am confused because if they (Shia & Sunni) are separate, as you indicate, then who signed the Defense Treaty between Iran & Syria back in 2004 ??
(Shia or Sunni or does it really matter ?)

if it is against the laws to engage in defense of an ally, why bother signing the treaty at all ??
so, wouldn't Iran's (potential) participation be in accord with said treaty ?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Wow, talk about sensational headlines.. *Yawn*.

Nothing is going to come out of this. No WW3, no conflict no nothing. Iranian soldiers have been to Syria on and off for all kinds of purposes and this time it's not anything new.

I swear sometimes it seems like you people are advocating for a massive conflict as if the guys you are rooting for have any chance.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

because i am not directly familiar with Islamic laws, could you be more specific ??
i am confused because if they (Shia & Sunni) are separate, as you indicate, then who signed the Defense Treaty between Iran & Syria back in 2004 ??
(Shia or Sunni or does it really matter ?)

if it is against the laws to engage in defense of an ally, why bother signing the treaty at all ??
so, wouldn't Iran's (potential) participation be in accord with said treaty ?

As I stated above, it is permissable to provide weaponry, monies, and diplomatic support. Which was the reason in my understanding of the treaty itself, to promise these supports if needed, and present a unified front to the world.

Assad is Alawiyyah, which you could in some stretch of the imagination say they are a 'type' of shia. But not the same type as Iran.

The only time any shia can fight is in self defense, the same holds true for Alawi (I think...lol) we can offer our aid to another shia, or another muslim in need, but not in the physical sense, unless it is a personal choice... and I am talking individual personal choice, because of the strictness of ahadith on the topic. But it is considered forbidden.

If you notice, no matter what happens even to other 12er shia in the world, Iran does NOT do anything for them but what I stated above, because to leave the borders of your own country without being personally attacked is considered offensive, and not defensive....

the only time this would be possible would be if Islam itself were in danger of being lost, and Islam itself (Shia Islam) being fought against. (and even then there would be too many questions on its permissability because we should first go into taqiyyah as this is what taqiyyah is for... and the shia have done it before, hide all the books and personal beliefs) but to up and go to the aid physically of another people, is simply not allowed.

If you remember how vehemently Sadr was opposed for his little action in Iraq for just this reason! We can offer safety place for shia to go, we can offer many things, but troops is forbidden, unless it is you and your country being attacked. Sadr never gained any support at all until it was looking like it was Shia Islam being fought (see Najaf), and then he only garnered some personal individuals support, NOT broad spectrum.

Do not know how to explain this any better.

To put it very simply, the day that Iran sends thousands of troops into Syria, is the day Iran can no longer be called an "Islamic" Repubic... the laws are too stricts on this matter. And Khamanei could be asked to step down, and if asked he would have 0 choice in the matter, this is something he swore to uphold when he took the position of WF (Wilayah al Faqih, guardianship of the jurist) that if he ever breaks Islamic law he will be removed from office. It is the ONLY thing can remove him from office. But it is a huge thing, it would/could result in his immediate replacement. It is part of the constitution of Iran.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
WWIII has to happen in 2012, it's only fitting.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

exactly, the western media has ZERO credibility with me. I refuse to watch the news from the west. Anything they talk about is loaded and has hidden agendas. It sucks though because other newspapers and press don't really cover anything I am interested in knowing about. It´s not like I don't like hearing about best cake recipes from our talking heads or record setting amount of Sangria made somewhere, I just don't find their ENTERTAINMENT entertaining anymore. I think people take them too seriously for them to be playing the entertainment industry game instead of performing a public service.

As a rule of thumb, I never trust ANYTHING Israel says in its press. They lie more than a 5 Y/O with dumb parents.

People HAVE to make things up since Iran has not had an act of aggression in all its history. Regime or not, they have done anything even close to an act of war towards non-citizens of Iran.

This is crap. Shame on those who push it knowingly. You have no honor and no dignity.......whore, I hope your paycheck is worth it you dirty cheap slut.

edit on 30-5-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
War mongers Iran!!!!

15,000 elite Iranian special-ops 'head' to Syria

The regime of Bashar al-Assad in Syria is expecting up to 15,000 Iranian troops to help maintain order in the country’s provinces, a Chinese newspaper reports. Iran has yet to confirm or deny the news. According to the central Chinese daily Renmin Ribao, the Iranian special task troops are due to be deployed in Syria’s key provinces.

www.rt.com...

RT news that is Russian News and Russia is a backer to both Iran and Syria.During the Iraq war WMD's were said to have been moved there since that time Russian troops have been there and now Iranian boots on the ground.

Rather interesting.
edit on 30-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by Max_TO

I am not sure if there are any sanctions or embargos preventing it but you would think that we wouldve heard Obama or NATO raising hell about it, if it were true.

Dont count on it, i had to watch French news to learn that all western nations expelled the diplomats to syria. France, Germany, England, Italy, Canada, USA, Spain, Australia...maybe a couple more. No more syrian diplomats after today, they was given das boot.

NTA: I think if Russia doesnt follow suit soon, this will be akin to throwing poo on the face of Putin as Assad is just using them as a way to continue his antics.

Check er out

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Its a sunni uprising funded by the west. I think Assad should do what the israelies have done and build a wall arround the terrorists. UN dosnt have a problem with israel doing this in the leb. As for Iran sending in troops. Well what are friends for? Thats if they have sent any troops in. I wouldnt trust an israeli news paper on supplying the info though.
edit on 30-5-2012 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join