It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran sends troops to Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Tehran, May 30 — Iran has sent its troops to help the regime of embattled Syrian President Bashar al-Assad fight opposition forces, a senior commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards has said.

Iran sends troops to Syria

I think we are witnessing one of the biggest things in the history of mankind......WWIII. I think its going to get really bad really quickly.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
are we certain this is correct?

If so... I was not in the least expecting that... I am going to see if I can find out if this is real or if it is disinfo by US government... This is totally out of character for Iran... and... darn near against Islam... this is unbelievable

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I think it is real, even if it isn't it is what TPTB will use to start the war. They are going to get what they want regardless of what they have to do.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
another source

maybe this is real???

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
well, cnn is currently devoting the next 96 hrs arguing with donald trump, so it is hard to confirm.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I think it is real, even if it isn't it is what TPTB will use to start the war. They are going to get what they want regardless of what they have to do.

You know in Shia Islam the laws are different than in Sunni Islam... We CANT fight unless it is in self defense! If this story is true... the Iranian government just broke a very sacred law

Its why I am a LOT skeptical
edit on 29-5-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
iran confirms sending troops

article from 5/27
edit on 5/29/12 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD

article from 5/27

Thats an Israeli newspaper

NOT a source for truth in this regard

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD

article from 5/27

Thats an Israeli newspaper

NOT a source for truth in this regard

Hehe, quote of the day

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The same day that Israeli newspapers started saying that Iran was sending troops into Syria (supposedly quoted from this same Iranian Chairman... Iranian newspapers stated they were NOT meddling in the affairs of Syria!) This lack of meddling in Syrian affairs indicates there are NO troops going into Syria from Iran. I can find no such reference in any of the Iranian websites, only statements they are not doing anything but providing non-participation type support!

www.tehrantimes.com...

TEHRAN – Chairman of Iran’s Joint Chiefs of Staff Hassan Firouzabadi has said that Syria is the only country that has stood against the Zionist regime over the past decades and the Islamic Republic sides with the country but does not interfere in its internal affairs.

Speaking to reporters on Tuesday, Firouzabadi said that criminals, who are self-proclaimed advocates of human rights, are involved in the massacre of the Syrian people and interfere in the internal affairs of the country.

edit on 29-5-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2012 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Ever heard of killing 2 birds
with one stone? Well I think this
strategy needs to be used. Send
in the UN and all countries into SYRIA
sweep that government out so they have
to quit killing there own citizens. This will
just help take out some of the Iranian army
before they are crushed for their nuclear
ambitions. Nothing a few well places nukes
can't fix..

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

A senior Iranian Revolutionary Guards commander has admitted that Iran has sent its troops to help the regime of embattled Syrian President Bashar al-Assad fight opposition forces.

Tehran Sent Troops to Syria- Iranian Officer

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Seeing how the two nations have a defense treaty I am a bit surprised that it has taken the government of Iran this long to send some troops over to help there friends in the Syrian government .

Maybe I am missing something , which is very possible , but why is this news coming as a shock ?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

There were unconfirmed reports as early as Feb 12 2012 that Iran had sent 15;000 troops to Syria.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Once again , why is that surprising ?

Not directed to you personally , but in general .

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Thanks for the find OP, this thread is definitely
worth following - I would think MSM would
put something out shortly if it is true.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I think people just didn't want to accept that it could happen, as it could cause serious issues with TPTB. I also think that people didn't think it would happen this soon. Iranian PTB have hated the U.S. and the West for a long time, and visa versa, so I don't think it is a surprise, just kind of weird how it all played out.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

TPTB are counting on the MSM reporting this to drum up more anti Iran rhetoric. I'm sure it will be out soon, if there is even a shimmer of truth to the reports.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Seeing how the two nations have a defense treaty I am a bit surprised that it has taken the government of Iran this long to send some troops over to help there friends in the Syrian government .

Maybe I am missing something , which is very possible , but why is this news coming as a shock ?

Yes but Iran doesnt border Syria. How would they have gotten there, with every Syrian port under the watchful eyes of the west?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Its the same officer I quoted from the Tehran newspaper who is NOT saying this! That article is only parroting what first came out of Israeli newspapers

I trust a Tehran newspaper for what Iran is doing before I trust any other source!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join