It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most heartrending abortion testimony you’ll ever hear, from a former abortionist - video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Warning - violent description of an abortion process presented to the legislature. IMO the abortion battleground never truly was with the legislature. Education is the key to changing hearts and minds. I posted this in the education forum for this reason.

www.lifesitenews.com...

Testimony of Anthony Levatino, MD, JD before the Subcommittee on the Constitution, Committee on the Judiciary, U.S. House of Representatives on The District of Columbia Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act (H.R. 3803)

One thing I will say regarding the current administration and their pro-choice stance, is that is seems mighty hypocritical to approve of abortion and yet they add unborn babies to the guest list for White House tours.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I'm torn on this topic.

I agree with both sides. I wish this world had the capabilities to cater to both sides.
Respect for all life is important but I think today's culture and society overall just sucks.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
That definitely made me rethink the whole pro-choice thing. I still believe in pro-choice because we should be aloud to pick what we want, however; there is also a right and wrong answer to each one of us as viewed differently.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Sometimes honesty is the best policy. No 2nd.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
There are two problems I have with abortion, the first is the lost of a potential person like Mozart, or Einstein, the second is the way the law works toward the fetus its inconsistent at best .

If someone cause the involuntary abortion of an unborn child they can be charged with manslaughter at the very least.

If the mother goes and aborts it of her free will its fine.

How does the subjective will of the mother make any difference, the same life died...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
that was hard to read. i don't see why they don't just make abortions illegal after so many weeks.
there is absolutely no reason to be having an abortion in the second trimester. if you've come that far just wait a few more weeks and deliver the baby and give it up for adoption. i am pro-choice but it just seems sick and wrong to abort that late in the pregnancy.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I cried my F'N eyes out reading that article.

One thing I don't understand is how a doctor, who is supposed to help people and save lives can perform such a heinous act? How do they live with themselves afterwards?

The heart is seriously missing from today's society, it has been replaced with selfishness and greed. My heart hurts for it all.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I'm torn on this topic.

I agree with both sides. I wish this world had the capabilities to cater to both sides.
Respect for all life is important but I think today's culture and society overall just sucks.

RU486 was supposed to be the answer to just this dilemma...a tablet that stopped growth while 'pregnancy' was still at the microcellular level....taken as a 'morning after pill if other forms of contraception didn't work...in cases of rape or simply..unreadiness for parenthood..it could have spared much shame and heartbreak for both fetus woman and men...but sadly.. dogma said no...and silly people listened.

Ro

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucantcme
I cried my F'N eyes out reading that article.

One thing I don't understand is how a doctor, who is supposed to help people and save lives can perform such a heinous act? How do they live with themselves afterwards?

The heart is seriously missing from today's society, it has been replaced with selfishness and greed. My heart hurts for it all.

I cried terribly, too.

You ask an excellent question about how doctors can do this and live with themselves. They must have a cold heart not to feel any emotion or the money in their bank is what they choose to dwell on. This doctor, is now pro-life, like Jane Roe, they tell others about why they had a change of mind/heart and this helps them to share their stories with people. It becomes a life direction that, no doubts helps them forgive themselves and help others to learn from there mistakes.

I went to a talk and heard a doctor describe this procedure. What this doctor didn't mention is that they have to reassemble all the pieces on a tray to make sure all the parts have been removed. I cried so hard as we all sat and listened to this after eating dinner. My linen napkin was drenched with tears and snot. I had to leave the room.

You have a kind heart, one that cares about others. People with your compassion give me hope.

Added note: I did not know that this Doctor was the same one I had heard years ago. I just was wondering if he might be one in the same. I looked up a little information on him and remember that he said his daughter was hit my a car and died. This webpage of his tells this same story. The event triggered his decision to quit doing abortions.

www.squidoo.com...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
I cried terribly, too.

You ask an excellent question about how doctors can do this and live with themselves. They must have a cold heart not to feel any emotion or the money in their bank is what they choose to dwell on. This doctor, is now pro-life, like Jane Roe, they tell others about why they had a change of mind/heart and this helps them to share their stories with people. It becomes a life direction that, no doubts helps them forgive themselves and help others to learn from there mistakes.

I went to a talk and heard a doctor describe this procedure. What this doctor didn't mention is that they have to reassemble all the pieces on a tray to make sure all the parts have been removed. I cried so hard as we all sat and listened to this after eating dinner. My linen napkin was drenched with tears and snot. I had to leave the room.

You have a kind heart, one that cares about others. People with your compassion give me hope.

Added note: I did not know that this Doctor was the same one I had heard years ago. I just was wondering if he might be one in the same. I looked up a little information on him and remember that he said his daughter was hit my a car and died. This webpage of his tells this same story. The event triggered his decision to quit doing abortions.

www.squidoo.com...

Thanks for the link. It's heartbreaking but needs to be read. Maybe if more people knew details like this they would be less inclined to get it done.

Why do doctors do abortions? There are many reasons. It's profitable, there's a lot of money in it! But there's philosophical things that come first. As I'm fond of telling people, if you are pro-choice and you happen to be a gynecologist, then it's up to you to take the instruments in hand and actively perform an abortion. It's the most natural association in the world.

Along the way you find out you make a lot of money doing abortions. In my practice we were averaging between $250 and $500 for an abortion, and it was cash

I guess that answers my question. They have dollar signs in their eyes......

During my residency, at least once, sometimes twice a week, I would be the resident whose turn it was to sit down and do the four, or five, or six suction D & C abortions that morning.

When the abortionist finishes a suction D & C, he has to open a little suction bag and he has to literally reassemble the child. He has to do that because he wants to make sure he didn't leave anything behind.

I had complications, just like everybody else. I have perforated uteruses. I have had all kinds of problems -- bleeding, infection -- Lord knows how many of those women are sterile now.

I have no pity for them being sterile, they brought it on themselves. If you wanted a baby you should have kept the one/s you had killed.

The resident on call got the job of doing the salines and there would usually be two or three of those. They were horrible because you saw one intact, whole baby being born, and sometimes they were alive. That was very, very frightening. It was a very stomach-turning kind of existence.

Yet, I was doing that at the same time that my wife and I were trying to have a child, and we were having difficulty with that. We had been married a couple of years at that point -- and no baby. Suddenly, we realized we had an infertility problem.

I kept doing abortions, I didn't stop. But it was tough. We started desperately looking for a baby to adopt, and I was throwing them in the garbage at the rate of nine and ten a week. It even occurred to me then: I wish one of these people would just let me have their child. But it doesn't work that way. So the conflict was there.

Here enters karma

Is it too much to hope that all of them will come to their senses like this man has?

I always said that I personally would never have an abortion but it's other peoples choice if they want to or not. After reading these articles I have to say I'm looking at it in a whole new perspective.

I was under the mistaken impression that it was something that could only be done at the very beginning of pregnancy, when the baby is not even developed yet. I had no need to look into it further because it's not something i'd ever do.

There is no way that those procedures are painless. Those poor souls, literally being torn from the world before they got a chance to experience it.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I've been wrestling with this argument for a few decades. I'm no closer to picking a side. Freedom of choice vs right to life.

Man....

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I am over being told what I can and cant do by anyone save God of my understanding.
People have NO rights over me and law can only ever protect my rights...if it takes them away it is not law.

Politically speaking I am for ru486 and the George Carlin viewpoint..morally, spiritually, its between me and God no one else.

George: www.youtube.com...

Ro

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Abortion is murder anyone who says otherwise is just plain wrong they will sit there and justify in a myraid of ways, but it is still murder, and they will sit there and move and define that line called life.

I am pro-life when it comes to a fetus and it is an entirely different argument when it is applied to capital punishment and war.

They are entirely different set of circumstances the biggest difference is that fetus is defenseless it has no choice in the matter, it can neither fight,nor flee which is what others can do in war, but when it comes to capital punishment well they have to murder to get there..

Abortion should never happen and here is the thing, I am not going to sit there and tell them not to, but they damn well better know what they are doing.
edit on 30-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
If someone cause the involuntary abortion of an unborn child they can be charged with manslaughter at the very least.

How does the subjective will of the mother make any difference, the same life died...

There does appear to be a contradiction. Even pro-choice advocates cannot deny that. It can turn into a very complex issue when you take the time to analyse it.
edit on 30/5/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Since this thread lacks a perspective which could be construed as contrary, allow me to adopt the role.

Abortion is, in the final analysis, a simple idea: terminate an unwanted pregnancy.

Because it is a course of action taken by a significant number of people women, it evolved in a terrible way.

Women have generally been an underclass in modern society - I would like to think that is changing for the better now, but I'm sure there a those who may argue otherwise. Because of their relative low personal empowerment as the world became more industrialized, a large percentage of abortions were performed in a medical black market which caused many deaths and even more pain. Women could not withstand the stigma and pressure of being a single mother for many years.

Becoming sensitive to the unnecessary loss of life and health, several institutions sought to address this phenomenon. medical communities and governments, as well as social activists sought to create the means to have this become regulated for safety.

The religious institutions, and all those institutions who adopt precepts from them used their established influence to maintain the negative stigma to stop abortions entirely.

Most fail to even acknowledge that abortion as a choice has been practiced by our species for what appears to be the totality of recorded history. The moral quandary was (and is) intensely supported many.

The political aspect is useful as tying your posture to one side of the argument or another is a guarantee of support for the many who can be persuaded to vote principally on one issue. Add to that the effective use of media to exacerbate horror, or outrage on either side, and we have an issue which cannot help but seep into discussions carrying loads of baggage - which political thespians and media moguls use as an expedient means to garner attention.

Back to the point: terminate an unwanted pregnancy.

So, the obvious matter is - do pregnancies constitute a separation of life between the mother and the fetus? If so, does the fetus have a "right" to exist? Such a right would demand protections... the kind our government is mandated to extend to all under it's service.... unless they are not citizens... are fetus' considered citizens? Do they have rights? Do they have rights as "humans"... are they, in fact, "human"? Or is that something which comes only after birth?

Does the act of impregnation render the mother a slave to the fetus until it is separated from the body?

If a developing fetus could be removed from the womb and placed in stasis until a 'willing' womb could receive it, would that render the abortion question 'moot'? Or is it not then a cruel act of depriving the fetus from its natural development?

Are abortions cruel... yes - they can be described as such... but then, so can knee-replacement surgery and dental work. Are the doctors OR the mothers responsible for the moral failure... or is it both? Mothers - or would-be mothers rather, have aborted children before Rome was established... infanticide is something we "civilized" folks decried as savage and primitive... yet we still do it... we just call it abortion because we have managed to carry out the task before a full term has been completed.

These questions lead me to think the matter is not fully explored when the narrative is confined to the emotional aspect of it, disregarding the social, historical, and medical perspectives.. frankly, throwing something as subjective as moral mandates separate from natural law makes it impossible to achieve compromise.

Is there a compromise? Does poverty, or wealth, term dates, and the mother's personal folio of attributes and conditions matter? And what of the father? Is he really "irrelevant?"

And why do we allow people to try and boil it down to 'sex' or 'religion' or 'culture' excluding all else?

Be gentile... I'm just trying to open the conversation up here.

edit on 30-5-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread OP. Abortion has never crossed my mind for even a moment as an option nor do I ever think it will. If someone else wants to do it I do not agree with it but it's none of my business. I know I will not choose to be with a person who thinks abortion is acceptable as a means of birth control.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

This argument is old and tired. It is completely different, because it is someone else choosing to kill the fetus, not the mother. It is that simple.
edit on 30-5-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Since this thread lacks a perspective which could be construed as contrary, allow me to adopt the role.

edit on 30-5-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

The issue of female slavery as relates to the need for the option of abortion is a huge one for me, as socially in more places than not, women are still imprisoned by social laws, conditioned by power structures and other restraints, including the cultural, to be subservient to males and, to law. Slavery to me is a word that has a wide definition, and encompasses psychological conditioning and programming as much as physical limitations or actual chains.

I was raped from a very young age and so, having been abused in that way, was psychologically and physiologically set into a cycle of slavery - a cycle of biological addiction and sexualised behavior patterns that 'locked me in' and meant I could only manipulate my reality in the world from the terms of my value as a sexual being. It was slavery...inward and outward as it imprisoned my consciousness and removed me from capacity to exercise choice.

Long after the rapes stopped (cause), I still had no effective conscious or literal control of my choices over who what where and when I had sex (affect) - sex was by then a primal 'need' and an imperative I couldn't BE responsible for as I was not in command or control of it and it was the only tool I had to interact, negotiate or to survive. Only after being abused for the last time at 33, was I able to begin a real recovery from that cycle and the first choice I made about sex was NO. It was a case of ' my body's mine'. I was self and choice possessing for the first time. Ive been celibate ever since...happily so.

During that period of biological slavery..I was literally *unable* to make effective sexual choices. As a result, I fell pregnant 5 times - none by choice and after loosing 3 naturally, owing to the state of body and mind abuse had left me in, and after giving birth to one child only to have to adopt him out after the fact due to illnesses, I decided to have an abortion. For the first time in my life, I exercised a choice about my body and mind and FOR my body and mind. That decision was the first ever conscious time I had claimed sole ownership of my self and the first time I could take responsibility FOR my body and myself in this world.
It was the first time I said NO. The first time I asserted my own will in the world - for my own benefit.
It was an ugly way to have to draw that line..but for me..it was the only way.

I know I'm not from some nation where women are openly being held as brood mares, repeatedly raped from childhood forced into breeding until they can no longer give birth and then are discarded to die. I live in the 'western world' a world that chooses to ignore that these crimes against life and women even happen..let alone that they have lasting affects that are so profound and undermining. A world that refuses to believe that these realities even exist for women every day 'in their backyard'. A world that thinks choice and the exercise of choice is 'relative' not essential to living free.

There are more and more studies supporting the awareness of the causal relationships between sexual abuse/sexual addiction/lack of effective 'command' choice..studies that can show that 'absence of effective choice' is an epidemic among women and men right now. With one in 3 girls and one in 5 boys sexually abused and so potentially 'enslaved' in a similar fashion as I was..its no wonder to me the world is as it is. I do feel this cycle of abuse and choice enslavement will only continue for so long as people refuse to allow those who are trying to break free, to make life affirming choices for THEMSELVES and so long as people continue to judge any effort individuals make to claim back their power TO choose over issues such as their inherent right to basic ownership of personal biology.

Now I don't know what God wants for 'all' people. I do know God didn't me make the human slave I had become. Human society did...human abusers did. In the dark days that followed that event and the brighter ones that followed those, I have never once felt 'judgement' from God on the choices I made, only myself being loved into better health, wiser choices, more self possession, more capacity to choose my own path. So I don't know where people get off..speaking for God, telling me what God thinks when God as I understand God..has only ever loved me when society has only ever imprisoned, ignored, shunned, judged, condemned, hated and despised me.

Not one of the people who berate me for my choice were there to stop the cause that led to the affect, will ever have to live my life, to endure my reality, or to break free the chains of slavery I had to break free from...so why should I, now free from my chains, willingly choose to hand 'society' another set to enslave me with? As they say..Daniel didn't go back in for his hat!

Even though I had one, I do despise abortion..I despise especially late term abortions. more though, I despise the NEED for them..the crimes that precede the need for them. I know what I DON'T know is as important to consider as what I think I do before I condemn. So to me they are a necessary tool to preserving life as much as choice in a world that consistently puts the cart before horse.

Ro
edit on 30-5-2012 by Rosha because: typo

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

a large percentage of abortions were performed in a medical black market which caused many deaths and even more pain.

Those women brought the pain and death on themselves for having it done in the first place. It was their choice to get an abortion so they should have to live (or not live) with the consequences that come from it. That should not even be a reason as to why abortion is legal. They knew the risks and went in willingly.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I believe that while a fetus is part of and dependant on a womens body it is her concern alone.

Unless you are the women with the fetus, it is none of your business...
...unless you have been invited into the circumstance by the women.

I think the real evil is others imposing their moral ideas on the women.

When the power over her own body is taken away from the women ... who then has that power?

It becomes that of another person, religion, political or social group.

Freedom is a scary thing but it is better than the alternative.
edit on 30/5/12 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join