It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China condemns U.S. gun ownership as human rights violation

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

IMHO - It's funny that China is talking as if the state should take a stronger hold on it's subordinates, and then says the people having what they want is a human's right violation.

I'm saying this and I'm very anti-firearms.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

The second amendment was put in place in the 18th century when small arms were critical in defeating an enemy. It it now the 21st century and a population armed with small arms can only do harm to itself and not any organized military.

edit on 30-5-2012 by QQXXw because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thegagefather

China has less people in prison than the U.S and also less gun-related deaths than the U.S despite a population that is more than 4 times as large.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw

The second amendment was put in place in the 18th century when small arms were critical in defeating an enemy. It it now the 21st century and a population armed with small arms can only do harm to itself and not any organized military.

Tell that to the british after we kicked their asses with squirle rifles in the 1700's

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Why do you as a civilian need flash bangs and explosives? You will not be able to use them on a real organized military as you will be put down quickly so the question remains why do you need them?

My general point in all of this is that civilians will never have the equipment to deal with any real enemy but have plenty of fire power to hurt themselves. It's madness but those are the results of the outdated constitution.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Lol, do you really think the move is to protect the people from themselves? I don't know what to tell you if you think the communist Chinese give a darn about you and your life. I mean these are people who implemented the One Child rule in their own country, causing many women to abort their babies to avoid punishment.

While we are on the subject of China telling us what to do. Do you hate the US for ostensibly being the policeman of the world, but somehow accept China taking over that role to put us in our place?
edit on 30-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by QQXXw

It's not your decision to make whether the US population has firearms. You've made your point, shared your opinion. Nothing you say will change the fact that Americans will never give up their right to bear and maintain personal firearms.

edit on 30-5-2012 by SLAYER69 because: NM

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Why do you as a civilian need flash bangs and explosives? You will not be able to use them on a real organized military as you will be put down quickly so the question remains why do you need them?

My general point in all of this is that civilians will never have the equipment to deal with any real enemy but have plenty of fire power to hurt themselves. It's madness but those are the results of the outdated constitution.

To fully invade and take over America, it would require a lot of military might, and then if we have arms still, it would eventually come down to hand to hand combat. Then maybe if you don't win that fight you might get hauled off to those FEMA camps we have been hearing so much about. I have no doubt in my mind the current POTUS would be happy to oversee it.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

reply to post by thegagefather

China has less people in prison than the U.S and also less gun-related deaths than the U.S despite a population that is more than 4 times as large.

How lovely for them. On the other hand they have this:

The National Population and Family Planning Commission runs the one-child policy and monitors the child bearing habits of the Chinese masses. It is comprised of 300,000 full-time paid family-planning workers and 80 million volunteers, who are notorious for being nosey, intrusive and using social pressure to meet its goals and quotas. Chinese women have to obtain a permit to have a child. If a woman is pregnant and she already has children she is often pressured into having an abortion. Special bonuses are given to men and women that have their tubes tied. Local officials are often evaluated in how well they meet their population quotas.

The one-child program theoretically is voluntary, but the government imposes punishments and heavy fines on people who don't follow the rules. Parents with extra children can be fined, depending on the region, from $370 to $12,800 (many times the average annual income for many ordinary Chinese). If the fine is not paid sometimes the couples land is taken away, their house is destroyed, they lose their jobs or the child is not allowed to attend school.

Couples are supposed to get a permit before they even conceive a child. To be eligible couples must have a marriage certificates and have their residency permits in order. Women must be at least 20 and men 24.

factsanddetails.com...

Sounds fun huh. Wouldn't you just love to trade all your freedom for all this?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by QQXXw

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it."

-- Abraham Lincoln, 4 April 1861

That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms...

-- Samuel Adams, in "Phila. Independent Gazetteer", August 20, 1789

[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation (where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.”

~James Madison

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples’ liberty’s teeth.”
~George Washington

You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence.

-- Charles Austin Beard (1874-1948)

You are bound to meet misfortune if you are unarmed because, among other reasons, people despise you….There is simply no comparison between a man who is armed and one who is not. It is unreasonable to expect that an armed man should obey one who is unarmed, or that an unarmed man should remain safe and secure when his servants are armed. In the latter case, there will be suspicion on the one hand and contempt on the other, making cooperation impossible.”
~Niccolo Machiavelli

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Is ANYBODY REALLY GONNA TAKE ADVICE on HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS from THESE PEOPLE SERIOUSLY ????????????????????????

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Sounds like some NWO bureaucrats pushing the new UN Small Arms treaty that Barack and Hillary are behind. China owns quite a bit of our debt so maybe that is how they are calling it in. Major things could be on the horizon.

Well said. That's what it does seem to be.

Im sorry but 6.7 Percent of the debt isnt alot. We owe china 6.7 percent. The FED is who we owe the money to more.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Sorry tell that to the TALIBAN and Insurgets. 4000 servicemen sounds pretty effective to me. They have small arms as well. And they arent doing too shabby are they?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by QQXXw

C'mon Bro , Even Khrushchev wouldn't give Mao the bomb because Mao told him "it wouldn’t matter if hundreds of millions of Chinese were killed in a nuclear war because hundreds of millions would be left."

And we're supposed to take advice from these people?!?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Of course other countries like China do not want the US to have guns. That way when or if another country decides to invade they can do it without the population being armed. I believe in the US Constitution. I will always believe in it. Good men and women have died for it. If you allow people to take away your rights they will do it without a second thought and before you know it you will be a slave.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation
Is ANYBODY REALLY GONNA TAKE ADVICE on HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS from THESE PEOPLE SERIOUSLY ????????????????????????

If you write in caps lock it almost seems like you are shouting.

edit on 31-5-2012 by fatpastyhead because: because i like to edit my own posts

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I dont need them but theyre fun to play around with.

Maybe you didnt get in my prior post so Ill come out and say it, not like its a big secret to those that know me, its just that I dont brag. I was in the Navyfor 16years and was assigned to a SWG, or in laymans terms NavySpecial Operations. No I wasnt a SEAL, I was a NCCC or Navy Combat Craft Crewman. We provided logistical and fire support to SEAL's.

My rating to be specific, I was a Navy Diver Second Class assigned to Navy Expeditionary Combat Command. My specialization rating was as explosive ordinance (demolitions) and Expert Marksman (sniper element).

I dont hurt myself, I hurt the enemy and I was extremely efficient at doing my job. I have consitently neutralized targets from 1400 meters and yes I have the equipment and skill to do it now. Not to dishonor my fellow men and women of the military because I have the uttmost respect for them but I guarantee you my training and skill far exceeds the average soldier.

A large majority of the men and women in our military are there for the college benefits and to get a decent start on life. I joined to do exactly what I was trained to do. If there was a scenarion in hich our military was ordered to turn on the citizens, a large majority of them would refuse and the great powerful military that you speak of would be in mass disarray.

As I said, I dont brag but you are really starting to iritate me with your snide attitude. I was a member of a group of the top 1% of our military. If you think for 1 second that you know everything about someone because you may have read a couple of posts on an internet forum then you are truly off your rocker.

You should really consider reading and listening more than you think.
edit on 31-5-2012 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa

Originally posted by Daedal

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Sounds like some NWO bureaucrats pushing the new UN Small Arms treaty that Barack and Hillary are behind. China owns quite a bit of our debt so maybe that is how they are calling it in. Major things could be on the horizon.

Well said. That's what it does seem to be.

Im sorry but 6.7 Percent of the debt isnt alot. We owe china 6.7 percent. The FED is who we owe the money to more.

I hear what you are saying. That's why I support Ron Paul. Still, if you told me that 6.7 % of Americans out of work isn't much, I would say, ask that 6.7 % if they feel they don't count?
edit on 31-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Why do you as a civilian need flash bangs and explosives?

Originally posted by Nucleardiver

I dont need them but theyre fun to play around with.

Win!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
So because YOU say so the constitution is outdated and needs to go?

How about this if you don't like the constitution move somewhere without one and see how you like it....

Honestly the idiocy of some people just utterly astounds me. While I agree with you gun deaths are bad the majority of gun deaths are caused by VIOLENT CRIME. IF guns were not used people would just use knives or swords or cars or barbecue utensils.

To turn one object into such a talisman of fear and loathing is really a sign of psychological weakness. WHy do you let objects have power over you and your thoughts? If you don't like guns don't own one it's pretty simple.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join