It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AT&T chosen for Homeland Security support

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

AT&T chosen for Homeland Security support

www.upi.com

Government Solutions will compete for task orders to provide tactical communications services to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

The prime vendor selection came under a Homeland Security-managed, indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity Tactical Communications Equipment and Services contract.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.att.com

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I check the search form and I didn't see any related topics so far. Though this was put out on March 15, 2012, it caught my eyes to see what does the ATS communty think about this.

I don't know but I see alot of changes coming here soon with all this DHS attention thats been caught up on as of lately.

www.upi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Well, I'm not sure there is a whole lot to be gleaned from this (out of the ordinary that is).

It seems that they are simply streamlining their Disaster Response readiness maybe?

It's a nice read though

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I noticed that many of the professional and collegiate football coaches/teams use AT&T as their preferred sources for tactical communication - seems like a logical step for them (someone has to not learn from IBM during NAZI Germany). And, AT&T's logo being quite similar to the Death Star, should seem fitting.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

Its almost like that every network providers will be force over to work for DHS or they will come up with some telecommunication branch that will oversee all. Oh wait..did speak too soon?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Hope they get the same quality of service the average person receives.

It is hard to find anyone at ATT that can answer any question, solve any problem or actual give a hoot about whatever the call is about.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This does not surprise me because AT&T is a "player". They jumped in bed with fedgov and did illegal wiretapping on Americans during the bush jr administration. If I recall correctly, they were granted amnesty after-the-fact.

They are also eyeball deep in politics.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Yup, "All talk & teasing"

new topics

top topics

join