It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones being Shot down over texas

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Personally I am not worried about drones flying overhead. I almost never go out anyway. They probably could use a "housefly drone" to buzz into my room and land on the wall and spy on me.

Maybe I should buy a fly swatter.

The increased militarization of life in America is related to trying to bring the costs of military activity down.

Buying a handfull of drones to spy on goatherders in Afghanistan and Iraqi garage attendants is not cost effective unless you also buy a couple of hundred of them to spy on skateboarders in the US.

It's as simple as that.

The next thing will be depleted uranium wheel weights for the auto industry.

It is very important and cost effective, if America wants to continue massive spending on the military, that a lot of that military spending be spent in the United States.There is probably some sort of ratio they are working from.

Stateside deployment is essential if dispersion of large amounts of money into non-military uses is to be prevented.

You can see what's at stake here. If that money isn't spent in these kinds of industries it could get into rebuilding America's infrastructure.

The bottom line is, "How are you going to rebuild bridges highways and rail systems with drones?"

Irony: Get onside here. We have got to put everyone under surveillance. There is no other way.

Sometimes I just don't get people.

edit on 30-5-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This is a side of fascism that is not explored in enough detail by Alex Jones. Usually critics of fascism get into the mind control and manipulation aspects of it. George Orwell and Franz Kafka are the reference points for many discussions. Most people don't care about Orwell and Kafka. They haven't read them.

They don't care if someone is trying to control their thoughts. Most people don't have any thoughts anyway.

What they do understand is the balance sheet. They know about business. They know that KFC wants to have an outlet in every mall. They understand economies of scale. They like it when Crispy Creme puts a shop close to them. The more donut shops the better.

They need someone to make the connection for them between KFC and airport scanners. They need to understand that the same reasoning that puts a Wendy's in as many small towns as possible is attempting to put a drone over every county in the country.

Prussia used to be called an army with a state, the reverse of the usual situation, a state with an army. America is the new Prussia. Military business is a growth industry that may be reaching its "limits to growth". One of the ways to stave off the slowdown in this industry's growth is stateside deployment.

Business paradigms are the dominant paradigms that should be used to analyse the increased militarization of America because they are the paradigms which are really driving this phenomenon, in my opinion.

It is not maniacs on high. It is accountants in the military industrial complex.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I'm going to put on my Johnny Carson-style huge "Carnac" turban now and make a prediction. When drones are deployed over every county in America, they will be very sharp and active along the Canadian border catching cigarette smugglers and very sharp and active throughout America aiding the pursuits of the Highway Patrol. They will be great at finding downed aircraft and people lost in the woods.

But they will be very erratic and spotty with plenty of camera malfunctions when it comes to patrolling the Mexican border or the Gulf coast oil rigs.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

So lets say you're right, and AJ is just playing into their hands and attacking a weapon like this over your citizens is a bad idea. Where do you stop? Where comes the point when you have had enough and you have to stop it?

Do you wait until you're working 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, just to pay your taxes for the war in another country where the oil deals are making a minority paying and controlling your leaders extremely wealthy?

How about when the corporate ownership of your government is entirely complete and you find yourself living under a dictatorship where any political dissent is considered illegal and will result in you being imprisoned without charge, indefinitely?

Do you wait until peaceful protest groups are infiltrated, labeled as "potential domestic terrorists" and monitored and arrested for walking on the sidewalk with a placard? Or do you wait until police officers are able to commit brutal crimes and then bury the evidence of their own actions, with the support of the state against the people and justice? Oh, that's already happened, hang on...

Do you wait until a political party takes over a state completely removing the democratic process and passing bills illegally, installing unelected city governors and ignoring the will of all elected officials and the public? Oh, hang on, that's happening right now in Michigan...

I'd really like to know what the alternatives are, because simply hoping for the best and "trusting" those in power to do the right thing has failed repeatedly.

I'm not condoning it, but I certainly understand it. If I were living in the USA right now I would be leaving.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Is this really smart?

I don't know why I just feel like shooting down drones will be considered an act of war.

I also feel like troops may perceive this as a hostile threat to them. I feel like it will create an us vs. them mindset amongst the troops if something like this actually happened.

At the same time I know they represent a huge threat, but I think we should deal with this politically first. I think shooting them down should be the last resort.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
If you were to destroy a drone, you would be destroying government property. That property, being airborne, will classify you as a terrorist. Being a terrorist, your constitutional rights will no longer have validation.

Do not fire upon any drones. Do not discharge a weapon where the projectiles path is considered a high variability risk.

The only way to bring about the change is to engage in peaceful protest. Only then should you legally possess a firearm in order to prevent potential police brutality.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

The new military drones will fly autonomously making their own split second decisions and threat assessment and attack without intervention from man . The parameters in which it will function will be programmed by someone less sympathetic to your needs . Remember the HKs in the movie the Terminator ?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

"

This thread should be re-named "Childish buffoons shoot at remote controlled toys and pretend they are Revolutionaries

This is seriously stupid. The Drones everyone is concerned about fly over 10,000 feet. This video is just some idiots shooting down what are essentially remote control toys flying at about 30 feet.

edit on 30-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

You've got it slightly wrong. You guys never stop complaining, it seems, and yet nobody ever does anything.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
lol shooting down drones

oh you keyboard patriots really get me sometimes.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Somebody aready took control and brought one in to land in Iran......
There has got to be some smart MFs out there who could do like wise......
Then WE would have our own drones too!
Imagine that!
Maybe some drone pilot who has a mother in some contentious place will make a gift of one to the revoution....
Who knows what will happen.....i say starting from a position of strength is better than starting with all the weapons and technology in place to enslave us.....like waiting for them to build the Maginot Line
, then running willy nilly headfirst into it......aaatttack
There never will be a better time for the revoution to start.....
I have watched the jaws closing in all my lifetime....., and my father before me too.....
Now its time to fish or cut bait......those whose Oath is clearly remembered, know who they are......
Time for the rest of us to rally round these people.........
Evil prospers.....while good men do nothing..............

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
infowars.com = fiction
Alex Jones = author of fiction

IF it is true this guy is advocating shooting down government drones then he is either a complete loon or money grubber profiting from sensational lies fostering paranoid fears.

I can guarantee if you shoot at or manage to take down a gubmnt drone, you will very likely get caught and prosecuted. Alex Jones will not post your bail and he certainly won't provide you with a lawyer. He will only use your sad story as a tool to promote his agenda and beef up his bottom line.

As the ATF slogan goes, "Deny Ignorance!"

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
NO NO NO!!!!! See this is why we are screwed because of stuff like this!. Ok, I understand this is consumer product their testing however, this is homegrown domestic terrorism against the government. Alex Jones of all idiots out there is telling YOU how to shoot down a govermnent property. HELLO, this is why all these bills and laws are being pass now. Don't sit in your chair cheering this stuff on..we need to be say..oh no, now he's gone and done it!

This is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE in my opinion. When more SHTF acticles are being put out like this, people will be getting the use of the idea to think this sort of behavior is acceptable.

I don't like this one bit. Its almost as if Alex is a freaking setup and he wants more people to follow this(him). Ever wonder why "they" haven't kill him yet?

This is complete bull... If you pay your taxes, those drones are actually property of YOU. The Government is technically property of YOU, but too many spineless jellyfish fluoride heads out there choose to submit to the corporate hijackers posing as elected officials instead of demanding they submit. Shooting down a drone is a non-harmful way of protesting this kind of tyrannical overreaching, after all, they are using YOUR money to spy on YOU. Might as well look at it in a positive manner, at least you get a little extra target practice!

Everyone get your scopes and binoculars out, maybe night vision would also be effective at spotting these things at night.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by theMat

Originally posted by sylent6
NO NO NO!!!!! See this is why we are screwed because of stuff like this!. Ok, I understand this is consumer product their testing however, this is homegrown domestic terrorism against the government. Alex Jones of all idiots out there is telling YOU how to shoot down a govermnent property. HELLO, this is why all these bills and laws are being pass now. Don't sit in your chair cheering this stuff on..we need to be say..oh no, now he's gone and done it!

This is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE in my opinion. When more SHTF acticles are being put out like this, people will be getting the use of the idea to think this sort of behavior is acceptable.

I don't like this one bit. Its almost as if Alex is a freaking setup and he wants more people to follow this(him). Ever wonder why "they" haven't kill him yet?

This is complete bull... If you pay your taxes, those drones are actually property of YOU. The Government is technically property of YOU, but too many spineless jellyfish fluoride heads out there choose to submit to the corporate hijackers posing as elected officials instead of demanding they submit. Shooting down a drone is a non-harmful way of protesting this kind of tyrannical overreaching, after all, they are using YOUR money to spy on YOU. Might as well look at it in a positive manner, at least you get a little extra target practice!

Everyone get your scopes and binoculars out, maybe night vision would also be effective at spotting these things at night.

Yes, we pay taxes. And, among other things, our government uses tax revenue to purchase military equipment to protect us, not to spy on us. By law, our government owns that equipment, title and deed. Citizens do not have a constitutional or universal right to destroy government property.

I would really like to see how you plan to defend yourself in court when you get arrested for doing as you suggest. What part of the constitution or which law do you plan to use to convince the judge of your innocence?

And please explain to everyone here how destroying government property is a "non-harmful way of protesting".

edit on 31-5-2012 by MuonSpin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MuonSpin

I am pretty sure most of us sane people are kind of hoping that this crap gets reeled in before it comes down to it....

Then again I had also hoped sanity would stop all those BS stoplight cameras and such as well.... Didn't happen then.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
www.infowars.com...

Using consumer drones as target practice, Alex Jones and the Steiner brothers tested out the best way to bring down the drones on the 10,000 acre Steiner ranch as part of filming for Brothers in Arms, a new show which focuses on firearms and the second amendment.

People are now realizing what is going to happen and people are now using consumer drones for target practice. Drones are a weapon system, no ifs ands or butts about it. It is a way to bypass posse comitus using robotic soldiers instead of human soldiers. No exceptions.

Anything Alex Jones touches turns out to be the opposite of what everyone was thinking. Sure he's makinga film focusing on the 2nd Amendment...you'll lose it faster than ever now. Say hello to Hillary Clinton saying "We've got to get weapons out of Texan's hands...they're a threat to national security." F**K Alex Jones and F**K his new film.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

Say hello to Hillary Clinton saying "We've got to get weapons out of Texan's hands...they're a threat to national security." F**K Alex Jones and F**K his new film.

Yeah, In a sick way I kinda hope she does say that. Then maybe she can send her gun control advocates out. I wonder if she would come too or send her daughters?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

The mothership drone is hard to take down, but these are the smaller spaceship drones that come down to do the dirty work. Didn't you see Independence Day?

I will give the cigar to that person hehe.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
www.infowars.com...

Using consumer drones as target practice, Alex Jones and the Steiner brothers tested out the best way to bring down the drones on the 10,000 acre Steiner ranch as part of filming for Brothers in Arms, a new show which focuses on firearms and the second amendment.

People are now realizing what is going to happen and people are now using consumer drones for target practice. Drones are a weapon system, no ifs ands or butts about it. It is a way to bypass posse comitus using robotic soldiers instead of human soldiers. No exceptions.

Alex Jones is an intentional MAGNET for militia types. If there's ANY positive thing to come out of what he's doing with this new thing.. it's to get people ready to shoot down agressive enemy SPACE ALIEN craft (drones or not)....

NOT US military craft...

that's just beyond stupidity.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

So you're saying that we're all better off being docile little sheep and just allowing the government to do whatever they please? Even if it means that they will continue to rape our freedom?

Nope.

I'd rather be labeled a criminal or a domestic terrorist than just bend over and take it. North America is long overdue for an uprising. We need to take back our rights, even if it means devastating violence between civilians and military/police. I don't care what the hippies have to say about this. Sometimes things come to a boiling point where protests and demonstrations just won't cut it anymore, and that's when the guns and pipe bombs make an appearance

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join