It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones being Shot down over texas

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Some people on here talking about shotguns LOL, how lame. Yes, the altitude in most cases would be above 5,000 feet, take off and landing excluded and you are not getting within a mile of the airstrip.

For a viable solution, all you have to do is think critically and look at what is available in the consumer marketplace. This is really a no-brainer with a bit of electronics background and a reasonable bit of understanding in chemistry and metallurgy. Some questions to ask yourself;

How high do I have to go and what will get me there?
What are the physical launch requirements?
How do I identify an object and what signatures are available?
How do I maintain a trajectory and accelerate towards a moving object?
What kind of payload needs to be deployed?

The objectives have to be reduced into a series of questions. The questions have to answered with potential solutions. The solutions have to be examined and tested and where required or when viable, physically produced. The working solutions to specific questions/problems have to be integrated so a complete solution can be tested. Pretty simply right?

ETA: Just imagine if some foreign enemy force were attacking the US (or whatever western country you are in) and what potential solutions you could come up with to assist your government in knocking down enemy airborne assets. That's the position I am coming from here.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/30.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
We used to go to the places the yuppies were flying RC planes and with our CB radios and a tuner, we could cause the fliers/operators to loose frequency causing loss of control... and eventual crash.............. not.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
NO NO NO!!!!! See this is why we are screwed because of stuff like this!. Ok, I understand this is consumer product their testing however, this is homegrown domestic terrorism against the government. Alex Jones of all idiots out there is telling YOU how to shoot down a govermnent property. HELLO, this is why all these bills and laws are being pass now. Don't sit in your chair cheering this stuff on..we need to be say..oh no, now he's gone and done it!

This is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE in my opinion. When more SHTF acticles are being put out like this, people will be getting the use of the idea to think this sort of behavior is acceptable.

I don't like this one bit. Its almost as if Alex is a freaking setup and he wants more people to follow this(him). Ever wonder why "they" haven't kill him yet?

It is acceptable. It is VERY acceptable. If the government doesn't want their drones shot down, the simple solution is to keep them out of my airspace. They have plenty of airspace over government property, and they can fly them there to their heart's content.

If you are worried about the spies telling you that it's illegal to keep them from spying on you, I'm afraid you are wholly unsuited to the game of freedom to begin with. Sit back, and let others drive, so that you can look to your own "security" from the mean old spies. Go to heel when your Master calls, and may posterity forget that you were ever my countryman.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I can't believe the sheer number of pansies advocating these things either be left alone, or reminding us what will happen if someone takes actions against these damned things what will happen.

yeah, if you do something against them, you'll goto jail. No # sherlock.

The POINT is these things shouldn't be up there in the first place, period.

The net is ever constantly being spread to enslave us more & more, and they want 30 THOUSAND of these things up there by 2020!

30K drones by 2020

Now I'm not advocating the destruction of these drones either, BUT what will you all do when they start arming these things? There's already police chiefs out there (google it) talking about "how great" it'll be to put rubber bullets & tear gas on these things. (Which would be a violation of the SPIRIT of the law of not arming helicopters over our skies in the first place)

Right now, it's all talk, out of fear, concern, or anger, and that's completely understandable isn't Mr DHS monitor? But what isn't acceptable is the amount of traitorous bastards on this thread advocating their use, or denouncing their fellow citizens for talking about taking action against these damnable things. This is why we are where we are at this present time, b/c you'll always have bootlickers not willing to sacrifice ANYTHING to protect others freedom, privacy, or common sense.

DIAF. Seriously, every last damn one of you. You aint helping.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Most of them fly at very high altitudes - 20,000+ feet.
Out of sight and hearing.
Their greatest weakness is they have to take off and land, somewhere, sometime.
My suspicion is that they changed the FCC rules a while back to accommodate the command frequencies used by these weapons of supreme cowardice.
Maybe the Iranians know something about it.

And with that comes an unnerving quote. "The enemy of my enemy, is my friend." What strange bed fellows are we forced to become?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
lol newbs

First of all no citizen in this country unless you have a land grant that precedes the US government owns land - any half ass real estate course will teach you that. You only have rights to use it, that's what you buy - not the physical land.

You certainly don't own the airspace above it, nor is anyone going to get within shooting range of a surveillance drone and not break all kinds of state and federal regulations let alone by pulling the trigger on one.

And if there was a way to shoot them down and people did they would fly them higher - the global hawks that are used to patrol the southern border do so from 50,000 feet - there approach into Edwards has them clearing 9,000 foot tall mountains by well over an additional mile.

You would essentially need a guided missile to reach them - and you don't want to start a war with the us military by firing guided missiles into public airspace.

I don't see what the big deal is - people buy products made in china which makes people in the US less relevant, they buy cars made by robots pay tickets created by traffic camera bots.

And now it's time to admit you didnt care two #s about this country until it started intruding on your life and its with that level of dedication that these laws have all been passed - now wait your turn soyleant green

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Most of them fly at very high altitudes - 20,000+ feet.
Out of sight and hearing.
Their greatest weakness is they have to take off and land, somewhere, sometime.
My suspicion is that they changed the FCC rules a while back to accommodate the command frequencies used by these weapons of supreme cowardice.
Maybe the Iranians know something about it.

And with that comes an unnerving quote. "The enemy of my enemy, is my friend." What strange bed fellows are we forced to become?

I have to give credit where it's due, this is one damned scary thought if you take into consideration all the connotations & implications in which this post implies. What's the difference between George Washington and OBL? IF you take away the fact that I'm sure GW (not Bush obviously) didn't suicide innocent civilians, nor practice Islam, the difference is that GW WON. I'm sure GW got some of his training (I'm guessing here tbh) from the British in some way, and him and all the others were seen as terrorists. The only diff is that our forefathers won, period.

But this whole "enemy of my enemy" thing turns my blood cold, it makes me appreciate to some degree when you sit down & think about it FULLY what those poor sods must've been thinking prior to the shot heard 'round the world. The level of fear, the size of their obstacle, the size of the British army & training. (Not to mention firepower or manpower)

Having said all that however, their FREEDOM meant more to them than anything else, including their own families. But this statement...

I'm truly at a loss for words, yet can't bear to just delete this post, regardless how it almost seems like rambling. It's almost like living in bizzaro-world isn't it?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Circuitsports I was with you until I got to the end of your post and then it went into your presumption to speak for the rest of us in your claim the we never cared about the country until it effected us directly. Horse hockey! You should just speak for yourself. They are talking about putting armed drones in our airspace. Why on Earth would they need to put armed drones in our airspace! It is a weapon of War. When that weapon is used, it is a air to ground attack! Please tell me what possible reason would they have for that! other tan an attack on the people of this country.

edit on 5/30/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
These things fly to high to even be shot down. Youd need a Gatling gun to shoot one down.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
This is all propaganda to start martial law on citizens.
these drones are nothing more than bait and trap

1: Make threat with drones on america soil

2: make radio host show how to shoot drones down

3: Numb nuts shoots down drone

4: party dance ontop of drone like you are in the middle east creating a uprise against government

5: insert militia

6: martial law
edit on 29-5-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

There comes a time when you have to draw the line. I'm drawing mine right now. when will you draw yours? How long will you accept threats of big bad martial law to cow you into doing their bidding?

Will you even draw the line when they kick your own door in and shout "Warrant? We don' need no stinkin' warrant! If you don' like us inspecting your world with magnifying glasses and no warrants, we'll just declare martial law on you. How 'bout that, bub?"

Will you still fear martial law even then?

Freedom is not for the timid or fearful.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by Jordan River

Anyways the drones are not a human life...and here you people are..defending machines.
edit on 29-5-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

I don't think defending the "machines" is the correct observation. It's defending against the "consequences" of shooting one down.

When I watched the clips I immediately noticed the constant reference to RC toys as drones. Hardly any comparison I need to explain, but let them have their fun. Then I realized that Alex Jones is trying to incite stupid, ridiculous, and illegal activity by suggesting part 2 they'll be shooting the real deal. Really? Either it's a set-up for something mundane, or he's really encouraging it. I think the former for ratings. However, if anyone one in their right mind shoots down a USA military weapon you can be guaranteed Obama won't be asking you nicely to "Give it back" Think Gitmo for a vacation.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

I've bagged a couple of geese, one from about 75 yards with a 12 guage 3" magnum shell.

At 75 yards the shot hardly broke the skin.

Anybody with experience owning or using firearms should know that, but again, anybody who is ignorant enough to try shooting any type of aircraft out of the sky will be relieved of their gun rights and prosecuted in short order (hopefully before they hurt anyone) so the point is moot.

I believe the gentleman was referring to the skills necessary to shoot down aerial objects, and only mentioned a shotgun and goose hunting as an example of the necessary type of skill.

Aircraft can be and have been shot put of the sky with small arms. There is a particular technique to it which I won't go into here, but it can definitely be done.

They will not lose their gun rights. Those cannot be taken. They will lose their government-sanctioned gun privileges, but if you're already shooting at government robots or flybots or whatever you want to call them, do you really think government permission to do so would be a primary concern?

Would you also ask a mugger if it's OK with him if you defend yourself from him?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LoonyConservative

If you don't have a thing to hide, don't worry. Whether someone does or not, they have rights protected by the Constitution. One of those is you have a right to not be unlawfully searched.
There is technology that can make out a license plate from many miles away. I for one do not want the air junked up anymore than it is.

Instead of talking about being violent and rambling, if any of us care about America, then we need to work together to restore the Constitutional Republic. There can be no left, right. We are Americans and this is to be a Constitutional Republic, not a Democracy. Bring awareness to the potential of these drones, awareness to facts so others can know. But if people start shooting it or do something else that's stupid, it will only give people in power an excuse to further take away your rights.
edit on 30-5-2012 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2012 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Jordan River

Thank you enough said!!!.

I understand each and everyone of you and how you feel truly I do but, what is it going to solve...nothing. We can talk about it all day in fact, you'll know about the recent posting on how ATS is being monitor on our coversations and what not but who cares right??? But we sit here talking about how to shoot down government property and what not just draws attention to ourselves to revolt against them.

Look the bottom line is, we can say what we want but since our government as been overdosing on Ritalin as of lately it sounds like we're becoming the enemy by falling in their trap. If we're going to play poker..play with responsibility.

If you refuse to speak up out of fear of government retribution, you have foregone the exercise of your rights already. Fearing to speak up is what will eventually bring about the revolution and martial law you so profess to fear. all that silence, holding it in, will eventually explode, and not in a good way.

When the people are no longer heard, they will MAKE THEMSELVES heard. Loudly. Why do you think the right to speak up is so important to begin with? because words are cheaper than actions, and less bloody. Words are how problems are worked out. If they fail, for whatever reason including the fear of speaking out, action eventually follows.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

"Would you also ask a mugger if it's OK with him if you defend yourself from him? "

I hope that's a rhetorical question, I would assume the answer is obvious by NOW by some posts around here.

/s (not towards you)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

It was both rhetorical AND sarcastic, because I'm not a very nice person.

I bear no personal animosity towards that poster - as a matter of fact, he's a fine person whom I've encountered before in a decidedly non-adversarial context, but people have to think through their decisions to a logical conclusion, and sometimes they have to be shaken a bit before they can be stirred. That poster has a fine mind, but I just don't think he's thought that matter all the way through.

The very idea of asking permission to revolt seems to be counter to the idea of revolting to me, and a fear of reprisal is tantamount to a request for permission as far as I can tell.

edit on 2012/5/30 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
I hear Revolution coming out of ATS'ers loud and clear.

Are you ready? Really ready ?
Got all of your supplies stocked up : water, food, emergency shelter, medical supplies, fuel,
bug-out transportation, survival skills are honed, got bunker, and enough of all those supplies
to keep yourself and family alive for a long period of time ??
Is it all good and organized ?
Had enough practice drills ?
Does everybody know what needs to be done and when ?
Got yourself a tight plan?

Yes. I'm as ready as I need to be.

Well.. if you do and you think you can take on what ever comes after you...

Then go ahead take out a drone or two !! Heck what'av you got to lose

perhaps a more appropriate question is what do you have to lose if you DON'T stand your ground in the matter of your rights?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Not only did they change the FCC rules to allow for drone overflight, they also conscripted the bandwidth that used to be reserved for over the air television broadcasts for the control signaling. That's why all over air tv's had to go digital a few years ago. They knew this was coming since at least the mid 90's.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

SMH...everyone is talking about doing something but in the "real world" it's not going to happen and IF and WHEN it does happen two things WILL happen, prison or death. No more ats, google or hot pockets.

...I'm just saying.

Some choose slavery and subjugation, and some choose death instead. It's all good, isn't it? I know which choice I've made.

Enjoy your slavery. You've earned it.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by alkesh
yeah shoot down a government drone..i give you 10 minutes before your door is kicked in and you are shot in the face repeatedly....take your best shot dumb asses

At least we won't be around to watch the other dumb-asses marched off to the gulags, nor will we be the ones in the coffles.

Seems a fair trade to me.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join