It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones being Shot down over texas

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

Great you just gave your position away to be Hellfired at... You need to be confident that you will fry the optics and have a safe hiding spot lol... Plus it is an FAA violation to shoot lasers at aircraft..

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
This whole thing is being blown way out of proportion, as is typical of the ATS community.

Drones at this point will be more cost effective for any city that has a chopper.

less fuel cost and consumption
the same surveillance capabilities as a chopper ( FLIR etc)
They can fly for hours, whereas a chopper can fly for much less time. see point one.
and a few other points that I cant extrapolate on at this moment.

as was stated they fly at 10,000+ feet. If you have nothing to hide, don't worry then. and besides.. two bodies in certain positions during coitus will look like one white blur at those altitudes

I'm not scared of the drones... now if an RC helicopter is hovering 8 inches outside my window, I'll promptly smash it with my Louisville slugger.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Not sure how the law works over there but to be honest it seems fairly harsh for some things. Which got me to thinking (dangerous!)........if someone shoots down a drone, would they not be prosecuted for willful destruction of federal / civil (or whatever) property?

Personally, i have no problems with the destruction of drones (or speed cameras but that is for another time) but it seems to me that they wouldn't just let it go?

Thoughts from Texans / Americans? Am i way off or could you realistically see SWAT Teams descending upon the homes of successful shooters? Or civil lawsuits for millions in damages? Basically, some way of still being a pain in the a***.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR

That being said. pretty confident helicopters are vulnerable to most bullets. Heck some Iraqi shot down an apache in desert storm 2 with a vintage bolt action farmers rifle. It does happen sometimes if you get lucky.

Really? Do you not think that was Iraqi Baath propaganda? The Farmer later gave an interview.

'The Iraqi Farmer, Ali Abid Minqash, featured by the Iraq Ministry of Information in the propaganda footage later gave an interview.

Minqash told the paper that he had come across the aircraft in his field early one morning.

"I didn't shoot down an Apache or anything else. All that happened was that I went to the field, as I usually do early in the morning, and was surprised to find some bodies on the ground.

"I began to rub my eyes to make sure that what I was seeing was true or whether I was imagining it," he said.

"When I realised that it was really true, I was overcome by fear and rushed to the nearest government post to inform them that there was a plane in my field.

"A large number of [Baath] party members and security men came with me to investigate. They told me that it was an American Apache aircraft and made me stay with them until someone who they said was a senior official arrived. I didn't know who he was.

"They asked me to say what you have heard on the TV satellite channels - that I shot down the plane with an old gun, a Brno."

The Apache was damaged with higher calibre weapons and forced to make an emergency landing. One of the heavy calibre rounds had penetrated the cockpit wounding one of the crew.

www.russellstill.com...

The Iraqi propaganda machine tried to use edited footage of the above shot down Apache to claim another Apache captured later in the conflict.
edit on 30-5-2012 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Those are toys!
Alex Jones is a toy.
I have never heard anything of value from Alex Jones and his youtubery. Nothing. Not one bit. He has never said anything that could help you or me or anybody in any way.
He is a carnival sideshow barker selling merchandise to idiots.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Why don't Alex shoot down the first government drone.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
cool
i cannot recall how many legal instances must have failed to allow the operation of drones in public airspace for surveillance, but exactly the possible chance that someone somewhere could shoot down one, and possibly hurt someone on the ground with it or cause other damage, shows very dramatically that those drones belong into their designated airspace, which is a combat zone in general.

Flying such stuff above US soil should be legal for testing purposes and within designated zones only.

The very difference to a manned aircraft doing the same thing the drones do is, that there are people onboard who know the law and can be held responsible, where the drones action can easily be interpreted that it was just a machine doing its job, and just for a limited timespan an operater has direct control.
Can you tell when and why and how, by observing the drone ? you can't.
Additionally a manned aircraft of whatever sort has the ability to react on outer circumstances, where a drone is limited to sensor input, programming and just SOMETIMES a live operator controlling it.

Therefor the risk of failure, be it for technical reasons, or someone firing on it from the ground is significantly higher than having some well established manned flying technology in the air.

One can just question again how many legal instances have failed to stop this.
If not the FAA for technical reasons, why was noone crying up when it came to paying for that stuff, in the current financial climate.

I'm more or less sure someone will have such a device on his couch in his livingroom, sooner or later, possibly having buried someone beneath it.
hopefully paying for that will open some eyes.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Yea I don't condone shooting down government property as that alone is a federal offense I believe. It is better to take them down by using our heads and do it through the court system. Now I know that our current judicial system is corrupt as hell, but you have to at least take every step afforded by the law before drastic measures are taken.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I still don't get why people are upset about drones. What privacy do I have now? I'm fine with it. I go to work, spend time with my family, and don't do anything illegal. Never had any problems and if I continue down that path I never will. As will the # of other millions of people as long as the stay true to the law. So drone away.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
is there such a creature as a 'focused EMP weopon' where you can direct the beam on a specific target,and nothing else is affected?
this would bring these devils crashing down!
BUT!
having said that, if such a weopon did exist to the public,i can see a bunch of drunken collage brats aiming it at unsuspecting neighbors' houses and 'turning them off ' just for a giggle!
(tell me it wouldn't happen!)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

You sound like a Government drone... You should be tared and feathered...

2nd

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I dont think I would go shooting at the drones with modern ammo, IF one really wanted to render them useless why not target the optics with a laser or Microwave them, yes that right. microwaves can travel a very long way, but one cant just setup shop with a regular microwave, its extremely dangerous, The air force has actually tested this theory and it works, but please dont mess with microwaves, the waves will fry your insides without you even knowing it, until its too late. heres the link that the Air force was using microwaves to knock out drones I think they even named it the Drone zapper

www.wired.com...[/url]

PS. dont mess with microwaves, deadly

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
there has to be a better way...like using some form of broadcast tower to scramble the incoming instructions to the drone enough so that they lose control and it crashes.

perhaps large homemade tesla coils?

there are smaller urban combat quad rotor drones that can be dispatched with conventional firearms because they are only equipped with a machine gun and a hundred or so rounds, but the kind iran took out requires a higher tech approach.

**warning** this post was made under the hypothesis that military drones will be used to suppress and attack civilians. let he who throws the first stone....be pelted to death by everyone else.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
I still don't get why people are upset about drones. What privacy do I have now? I'm fine with it. I go to work, spend time with my family, and don't do anything illegal. Never had any problems and if I continue down that path I never will. As will the # of other millions of people as long as the stay true to the law. So drone away.

The Jewish in Germany didnt have anything to worry about in the 20's either

Nor the Japaneese in America in 1940...

But history shows they really did...
edit on 30-5-2012 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I thought they were using real drones. They are using ELECTRIC childrens helicopter toys. But I love the sentiment. By all means shoot them down.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
NO NO NO!!!!! See this is why we are screwed because of stuff like this!. Ok, I understand this is consumer product their testing however, this is homegrown domestic terrorism against the government. Alex Jones of all idiots out there is telling YOU how to shoot down a govermnent property. HELLO, this is why all these bills and laws are being pass now. Don't sit in your chair cheering this stuff on..we need to be say..oh no, now he's gone and done it!

This is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE in my opinion. When more SHTF acticles are being put out like this, people will be getting the use of the idea to think this sort of behavior is acceptable.

I don't like this one bit. Its almost as if Alex is a freaking setup and he wants more people to follow this(him). Ever wonder why "they" haven't kill him yet?

Baaaaa. Good sheep.

Using your logic, once we're all rounded up into the FEMA camps, trying to break out by cutting the fence would be the same destruction of government property? You're saying that the government knows best and we should just mindlessly obey?

BAAAAAAAA.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Ottawa kicks tires on high-altitude Drones for Canadian Arctic surveillance:

OTTAWA - The Harper Conservative Government is considering a proposal to buy at least three high-altitude unmanned aerial vehicles in what could be attempt to salvage its Arctic sovereignty ambitions.

The pitch was made by U.S. defence contractor Northrop Grumman and involves modifying its existing Global Hawk drone, which operates at 20,000 metres, to meet the rigours of operating in the Far North.

Many of the Conservative Government's plans to establish a presence in the rapidly thawing region, including the construction of military icebreakers and the establishment of a deep water port, are behind schedule.

The U.S. Air Force is considering selling some of its Global Hawks, which are still under construction, as part of military budget cuts.

Dane Marlot, Northrop Grumman's director of international business development, says any potential purchase would have to be done through the Pentagon, but adds the proposal given to the Canadian government includes aircraft, ground stations, spares and in-service support.

He declined to attach a price tag, but a source with knowledge of the file said the package could run between $150 million and $170 million for each drone, depending upon what kind of surveillance package the Canadian air force wants included

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Hmmmm I wonder ....

If I can bring one down , how much do you think China will pay to buy it off me ?

And who knows, Iran might even make a move about me

I would bet good money the damn things are made in China anyway, sent to the US for testing before using them against Chinese people.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
People need to stop worrying... I'm at Prestige Level 5 in Modern Warfare 3, which practically makes me a soldier of fortune.... I'll take care of us all at ATS.... Its cool...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by sylent6

Whats wrong with shooting down some federal property? Did you vote for it?

The Federal Government should only exist by the consent of the American People. At this point it's obvious that most Americans do not consent.

Whats wrong with shooting down a MACHINE thats designed to spy on civilians? That means you and its weaponized to kill you?

F# the machine.

If I shot one down I would hand deliver it to washington and return it to them free of charge.

What is wrong with shooting down a machine made by cowards that is to afraid to come and get you themselves I ask. What the hell is wrong with that?
edit on 29-5-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

While you're at it, why dont you point a laser pointer at the police helicopters and see how that goes for you?

I dont remember ever giving consent or voting to allow them to take to the skies with their FLIR cameras

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join