It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov.: Drones over Va. 'great'; cites battlefield success

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Now it's just "great" we are planning to have 1000,'s of drones flying about monitoring our every move. The pace of the expanding hyper-surveillance is even faster than what I imagned it to be. Now it's GREAT.

Note the absurdidty of this claim:

"It's great," he said while speaking on WTOP's "Ask the Governor" program. "If you're keeping police officers safe, making it more productive and saving money...it's absolutely the right thing to do."

I had an ex wife who always said when I got home from work: "Honey! You are going to be so HAPPY with me! I SAVED you SOOOO much money today!" I knew instantly she had bought another 3 handbags, shoes and whatever else. Also, what makes what more "productive"? How does this save money? How is this gibberish to be understood?

"Drones will certainly have a purpose and a reason to be in this region in the next, coming years," he told WTOP. "Just as a standpoint as an alternative for spotting traffic and sending information back to our VDOT Smart Traffic centers, and being able to observe backups."

Huh. At any time right now, I can watch cars standing still on I-25 on the news from Eisenhower Tunnel to Pueblo on the internet or tv. Ah, so we need drones instead of the thousands of cameras we already have?

Why are these people so jack-happy about this baloney?

I LOVE DRONES

ColoradoJens

edit on 29-5-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
why is the united states intent on bringing about scenarios that are only seen in hollywood movies like terminator 2 judgement day and george orwells 1984.

is this a joke, or is that what politicians do day in and day out at work.

talk about endless movies and stealing plausible ideas from them and make them reality.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
why is the united states intent on bringing about scenarios that are only seen in hollywood movies like terminator 2 judgement day and george orwells 1984.

is this a joke, or is that what politicians do day in and day out at work.

talk about endless movies and stealing plausible ideas from them and make them reality.

it's the exact scenario type that would be a catalyst for rebellion.
people have fought for their freedom before, more then once...

back them into the corner with drones and the like, and the threat of those freedoms taken away...
someone will have just enough, and everyone will support him and jump in.
until then, we can only watch as the pressure builds.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I know.

CJ
edit on 29-5-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Considering the drone debate going on, I thought the fact it is "great" would be of interest.

Bump

CJ

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I agree with you actually on this one. The whole drone thing over the US surveilling us is just so Orwellian.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Excuse me while I step outside and flip the deuces to the sky.... just in case.

It's a sad fact that there are so many people who love living in "1984". As much as I don't really like the "Slippery Slope" analogy, this is indeed what is happening and tons of folks are too ignorant or self indulged to foresee what is around the corner every time something like this happens without a massive uprising.

Then you have some folks who are just peachy living off the government's largess and are comforted by the idea of a "Nanny State". I don't understand these people and think maybe they should go bunk with Chavez...

new topics

top topics

join