It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wichita boy’s garage-sale buy holds a treasure for his family

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
it's a cool story ....but... the camera is a polaroid impulse, came out in 1988, ten years after the son died. when you take a pic it doesn't develop until,after it pops out of the camera.

here is the mom with more info explaining what exactly happened.

I appreciate you skeptics out there and I'm usually among you. All I can tell you is that my son, Addison, bought a Polaroid camera at a garage sale. He knew nothing about Polaroids other than he'd seen a few on TV so as soon as he got home he hopped on the Internet to see how to take pictures with it.

He learned that it required a film cartridge so he opened up the film compartment where he found a cartridge still inside. He pulled on the green tab to remove the cartridge and found this photo inside a hollowed-out cartridge.

I was baffled why the photo would still be IN a Polaroid as I've never heard of that before and I honestly don't recall what the used cartridges were like. My best theory was maybe it got jammed in there and the camera was retired after the picture was taken but I don't even know if that's possible. Regardless, we don't know if the camera existed in the 70's when the photo was taken.

We don't know if this camera took the photo that was found inside. We certainly didn't take a photo and *poof* out popped this print. And we didn't claim any of that. All we know is we opened up a random garage sale item and found a photo of my late brother taken over 30 years ago. I know - hard to believe. It is for us, too.

FYI - we didn't contact the media, either, lest you think we're another "balloon boy" family who wants a reality show. Nothing could be further from the truth. A family friend who was touched by the story did so and Mr. Mann contacted us. I expected it may bring about some unwanted attention but based on the reaction of friends I had shared the story with, I also knew it would touch a few hearts. Therefore, I figured it was a story that should be told. All that said, I know there will still be skeptics among you and you're entitled, but please don't call anyone a liar. It's just not the case.

Read more here: www.kansas.com...=cpy

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I had a Polaroid that jammed up all the time. Maybe it jammed and they just thought it was broken and never used it again - or just forgot about it.

My mind was in the gutter when I read the headline... knowing what Polaroids were used for frequently! LOL!

Cool story, btw!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by research100

The camera thing just doesnt seem right

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
it could not have been stuck, here is why... The photo can not develop until it passes through the rollers to burst the chemical pods which contain the chemicals which develop the photo. It can not pass through those rollers till it is ejected from the camera.

for those who are too young to know about these type of cameras, you opened a package and inserted it into the camera, then you push the button to take a picture, the first time always pops out the plastic cover that protects the film from the light when you first opened the package before it makes it into the camera.

when the all the pictures were shot, you opened up the door and grabbed the green tab and pulled the empty cartridge out.....then insert the next one.... or put the camera a way until you got another cartridge to put in it
edit on 30-5-2012 by research100 because: add a sentence

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

That's a good point, research100. Whenever my camera jammed, the picture was never developed when forced out by hand.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
He left a message on the mirror.

Figure it out and contact the people.

He wants them to know its a message from him.

WHOA WAIT....

i just thought about this.

grandma = mom of son = dad?

so his dad was in the picture..?

so technically his dad broke his sons arm (in a universy magic kinda way) to give his mom a picture?

if my dads ghost broke my arm ( theoretical situation, reality does not apply) for a picture i would kick that ghosts *** lol

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adaven
I had a Polaroid that jammed up all the time. Maybe it jammed and they just thought it was broken and never used it again - or just forgot about it.

My mind was in the gutter when I read the headline... knowing what Polaroids were used for frequently! LOL!

Cool story, btw!

what are polaroids used for now?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

You are so right i think this is a hoax everybody loves a feelgood story

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by research100
it could not have been stuck, here is why... The photo can not develop until it passes through the rollers to burst the chemical pods which contain the chemicals which develop the photo. It can not pass through those rollers till it is ejected from the camera.

for those who are too young to know about these type of cameras, you opened a package and inserted it into the camera, then you push the button to take a picture, the first time always pops out the plastic cover that protects the film from the light when you first opened the package before it makes it into the camera.

I believe you, but is there no other explanation for this? Is it possible that something beyond the camera had an influence on the polaroid, besides the family?

It's not out of the possibility that this is just a story created by them, but why? If I were going to create a good hoax I certainly wouldn't have done it this way, especially bringing a kid into it.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
some how that picture popped out of an way older camera and developed , then at some point ended up in the empty cartridge in that 10 year newer camera...it still begs the question how it got there.....I just thought it is good info to know how those cameras work.

huge coincidence
hoax
spirit did it

what other options do we have?
edit on 30-5-2012 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchesfromwall
reply to post by chrismicha77

I don't believe in these sorts of conicidences, either.

More so, when a child is involved. I don't know why I feel that way but I do.

However, I also don't know anything about Polaroid? cameras. I hope this is not a hoax of some sort. Even it is, it is a very heartwarming story about *eternity*.

Thank you for posting. I would *flag?* you if i could.

Hi,

I flagged it for you (and starred it too)

Do a ATS search for the word "SYNCHRONICITY" you will probably find LOADS of CASES, including my post on "Dr Kirby Surprise" who has written a humdinger of a book on SYNCHRONICITY!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
I know sometimes the photo used to get stuck and would come out. we had one that was jamming up all the time.

This is a typo, sorry. would is meant say wouldn't.

I know sometimes the photo used to get stuck and wouldn't come out. we had one that was jamming up all the time

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Very interesting. :]

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Excellent post....There is no such thing as coincidence.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join