It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wichita boy’s garage-sale buy holds a treasure for his family

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This story is heart warming and mysterious all rolled up together.

Addison Logan, 13, probably wouldn’t have gone to the garage sale Thursday if he hadn’t broken his arm in a dirt bike accident a couple of weeks ago.

He probably would have been riding the bike.

Instead, Addison, who likes garage sales, was driving around to some of them with his grandmother, Lois Logan, in west Wichita. After three stops, he finally found something he wanted to buy. It was an old Polaroid camera at a house about a mile away from his grandmother’s house. He thought the camera was “pretty cool,” he said. He bought it for $1.

Back at his grandmother’s house, Addison got on the Internet to find out how to take a picture with it. When he removed the cartridge and opened it, he found an old photograph inside. He took the photo to his grandmother.

Lois Logan said she looked at the photo and saw her son, Scott, who died in an auto accident 23 years ago.

Read the whole story, very moving!

www.kansas.com...

Coincidence or the universe working its magic? I'm just trying to imagine the odds of this happening and wrap my head around it all. This boggles the mind and I'm so happy for their family.

Could it have been him reaching out from the spirit world guiding them? I don't believe in spirits but I do believe in the universe, but if you do, then this might affirm things for you.

Thoughts?

edit on 29-5-2012 by chrismicha77 because: link

edit on 29-5-2012 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Cool story bro... Nice find!

Weird coincidences like that are crazy!
S&F

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
He left a message on the mirror.

Figure it out and contact the people.

He wants them to know its a message from him.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Very good find ! I'm just wondering what his message would be though after all this time. ( i do believe its hidden in that mirror anomaly as well)

Why dont you believe in spirits, btw?

edit on 29-5-2012 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Life is stranger than fiction for sure.Stories like this always wharp my brain
! I am glad this was a good one as some of them are freekishly horrible. ETA:I don't know if freekishly is a word,if not it should be!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
So cool. It just really underscores the idea that synchronicity is real.

The Universe is far more wondrous and mysterious than we can even hope to imagine.

Think of everything you know - the sum of it all - as a slice of pie. The rest of the pie is everything you don't know -that humanity doesn't know and can't even conceive.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
Very good find ! I'm just wondering what his message would be though after all this time. ( i do believe its hidden in that mirror anomaly as well)

Why dont you believe in spirits, btw?

edit on 29-5-2012 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

I just don't think the soul is bound to Earth. I believe the soul travels throughout the universe moving from one place to the other. Maybe and it's a big MAYBE, there is something that it has to do before it parts, as with this photo. But as a ghost I just have a hard time believing in them, but I'll still go ghost hunting with ya!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
So cool. It just really underscores the idea that synchronicity is real.

The Universe is far more wondrous and mysterious than we can even hope to imagine.

Think of everything you know - the sum of it all - as a slice of pie. The rest of the pie is everything you don't know -that humanity doesn't know and can't even conceive.

I LOVE how you put this, couldn't find any better way to say it.

Some how some way, the Universe put this photo back in their life for some reason. I hope we find out why!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I do not believe in coincidence.
Everything happens for a reason even if mere humans never figure out why.

This story does however remind me of Hindi religion, Swahili religion, and
Native American religions who believed the camera captured the soul.(probably others)
Much like the mirror covering where the dead were laid out for the visitation and wake

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys

I do not believe in coincidence.
Everything happens for a reason even if mere humans never figure out why.

This story does however remind me of Hindi religion, Swahili religion, and
Native American religions who believed the camera captured the soul.(probably others)
Much like the mirror covering where the dead were laid out for the visitation and wake

Very good point! I don't believe in coincidence either, things happen for a reason, whether good or bad.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Awesome story, thank you for posting it.

Though i do have to say there is something else with that photo

Is something embossed into it?
i think i can see an S with a circle around it, or is that a stamp from inside the camera that has etched itself to the photo?

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
He left a message on the mirror.

Figure it out and contact the people.

He wants them to know its a message from him.

You could be right, you made me take a closer look,

Just out of curiosity i searched for a round gold mirror with a kangaroo, but i cant find any similar to it on the net.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
i know it could be just my eyes playing tricks, but what i thought was an S looks more like a teddy bear.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
i know it could be just my eyes playing tricks, but what i thought was an S looks more like a teddy bear.

Maybe there is a note hidden in a Teddy Bear. Possibly one from his childhood

and

I'll make you a believer. Now lets go ghost hunting !

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

He "found the picture inside the camere" where exactly? polaroids eject the picture and start to develop straight away

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch

He "found the picture inside the camere" where exactly? polaroids eject the picture and start to develop straight away

It may be that whomever owned it prior put the photo back in the cartridge. It says "When he removed the cartridge and opened it, he found an old photograph inside."
edit on 30-5-2012 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

The cartridges were sealed and there was nowhere to store a photo i used to own 2 of them

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I know sometimes the photo used to get stuck and would come out. we had one that was jamming up all the time.

love and harmony
whateva

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
That is so amazing, and cannot just be explained as merely coincidence!
This keeps happening day after day after day.
I am starting to wonder if the "worlds" are converging!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I don't believe in these sorts of conicidences, either.

More so, when a child is involved. I don't know why I feel that way but I do.

However, I also don't know anything about Polaroid? cameras. I hope this is not a hoax of some sort. Even it is, it is a very heartwarming story about *eternity*.

Thank you for posting. I would *flag?* you if i could.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join