It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love is the path to truth.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Originally posted by arpgme

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
But, should we accept rape, murder, hate, deceit, stupidity etc. merely because man is capable of this?

We should accept stupidity because that is one's choice if they don't want to learn and we should accept hate because it is evil to force a person to feel an emotion. If a person is raping , murdering, stealing, then this is evil because they are not accepting a person's free-will.

People without acceptance like those who take lives against another's will or those who steal against another's will, they need to be locked up because they are trying to control the world in a negative way and actually getting rid of acceptance and not caring about free-will.

If a person is being deceitful, then that is their choice, and we should accept that is who they are, a liar. Deception should be accepted because people have the free-will to say what they want and live, but manipulating, lying in order to steal or to harm others, that needs to be dealt with because now their lies are being used to change people and not accept them.

If you were a loving being, you wouldn't allow such atrocities to happen. To let it all happen and merely accept it because that's who we are and that's what we do, is what is wrong with the world today.

No, what is wrong with the world today is people don't allow free will. If the rapist allowed free will, he could not rape. Then it would be easy to allow the rapist free will because he can't be vile. But since the rapist doesn't participate in a control-free way of life, it is hard to allow the rapist free will. But by you not allowing the rapist free will, you are participating in the same game that caused him to be a rapist in the first place. I hope this controlling way of life doesn't consume you as it did him.

All you can do is be you. Live and let live. Only then can you really live your own life to the fullest. If you spend your days worrying about what other people are doing and trying to change other people, then you will have not lived your own life. F# that noise. I'm gonna live. You do you, and Ima do me. With that mindset, what you do is none of my concern and I accept and respect your free choice. But if you come at me, I'm gonna come back harder.

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness should be the whole of the law.

Why are you pushing this doctrine then? Doesn't this go against your acceptance?

I don't need to refute free-will, as philosophers have refuted it many times.

I agree with live and let live, but that doesn't mean you have to place the same value on everyone just because.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

My doctrine is there is one observer behind all of our eyes. I do what I want to do that I want myself to see. What you do on your own will is unavoidable, but acceptable because we are one. I am the offender and the victim. The energies are neutralized. I'm okay.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I daydream alot about the day, we as a people can overcome our petty differences.
I want to live in a world where we make advancements for the HUMAN RACE...

SO SAY WE ALL!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoStarchild

I was watching my dog be a dog and I realized something about intelligence. My dog is a selfish creature. He doesn't care about the consequences of his actions nor does he care about anything but himself.

I realized that if only he cared about other things, he would be smart. He would start paying attention and he would behave appropriately. Hell, he might even learn how to communicate better. But he just doesn't care about that. He's genuinely care free. Since he's not caring about how his actions are affecting others, he's not gaining the understanding of intelligent behavior.

Humans care about other humans. The progression of our technology has been definining the progression of our knowledge as well as our intelligence. With new technologies, such as geo-engineering, solar panels, and environmentally friendly cars, I would say that we are reaching a point where we are starting to care about a little bit more than just humans. We have expanded our focus from monkeys focused on self to humans focused on species and now we are expanding again to human (or possibly something else) focused on Earth.

These are interesting times. Love is the path to truth.

edit on 31-5-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Indeed.

I do think we, the people of earth, desperately need to rid the earth of the corrupt. Doing this in a loving manner.. seems futile.. =(

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoStarchild

Indeed.

I do think we, the people of earth, desperately need to rid the earth of the corrupt. Doing this in a loving manner.. seems futile.. =(

No. We need to realize that its not that we are corrupt, its just that we're learning and growing. If we got rid of the learners, the necessary lessons wouldn't get learned. We'd be no better off. Right now, we just need to be patient.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
LOVE IS THE PATH TO TRUTH. I LIVE IT TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITIES. I'M SLIGHLTY BAKED THOUGH!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

So your okay with the elite and/or TPTB to with-hold needed technology from the people of earth? In the name of learning?

I disagree..

There are far more brighter minds and thinkers outside the circle of the elite...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

So your okay with the elite and/or TPTB to with-hold needed technology from the people of earth? In the name of learning?

I disagree..

There are far more brighter minds and thinkers outside the circle of the elite...

Okay. So you prefer mass murder over deceit? Got ya.
edit on 31-5-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

How does my response indicate I want mass murder...?

Saying that the bright young minds are more capable than the elite doesnt incite mass murder... it incites innovation and purpose

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

How does my response indicate I want mass murder...?

Saying that the bright young minds are more capable than the elite doesnt incite mass murder... it incites innovation and purpose

You said,

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join