It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US expels Syrian envoy after massacre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The Hill Article
By Jeremy Herb and Julian Pecquet - 05/29/12

US expels Syrian envoy after massacre

The U.S. is expelling the "Charge d’Affaires" Zuheir Jabbour and he has 72 hours to leave .... or else.

Australia, Canada, Spain, the United Kingdom, Italy, France and Germany have done the same, all in "response" to the recent "massacre" of 90 civilians.

The United States on Tuesday announced it was expelling the top Syrian envoy to Washington as part of a rare coordinated response by countries around the world to Friday's massacre of more than 90 civilians in the central region of Houla.

Syrian Charge d’Affaires Zuheir Jabbour has 72 hours to leave the country. The action was taken in coordination with Australia, Canada, Spain, the United Kingdom, Italy, France and Germany, the State Department said in a statement.

“We hold the Syrian government responsible for this slaughter of innocent lives,” said State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland. “This massacre is the most unambiguous indictment to date of the Syrian government’s flagrant violations of its UN Security Council obligations under Resolutions 2042 and 2043 along with the regime’s ongoing threat to peace and security.”

Is this a "Prelude" to a NATO strike ??

I think "Maybe"

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It certainly seems that that this may be an overture to operations in Syria. Especially with the NATO countries are doing this in unison. It's really kind of scary.
edit on 29-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
if i lives in syria i'd be looking to get the hell out of the place before america decides to spend 500 million worth of cruise missiles per mile of syrian land trying to turn the entire area into glass

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Has anyone even proved any of this stuff going on in Syria is real or just more lies and propaganda to fuel the fire for ousting Assad?

We already know CNN was caught faking "evidence". Are we going to have go over there for ourselves and see if theyre lying? I don't trust MSM as far as i could spit.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Has anyone even proved any of this stuff going on in Syria is real or just more lies and propaganda to fuel the fire for ousting Assad?

We already know CNN was caught faking "evidence". Are we going to have go over there for ourselves and see if theyre lying? I don't trust MSM as far as i could spit.

For once you and I agree. After the Russians looked everything over they said you couldn't tell who was responsible for it Assad or the rebels.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Just thought I'd contribute this little nugget:

The U.N. has said government forces fired tank shells and artillery at Houla, but stopped short of blaming them for Friday's killings. Activists said most of the victims were killed by pro-government thugs who stormed the area after clashes with local rebels, but the regime categorically denied any involvement.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

So... the massacre wasn't at the hands of the Syrian government, but rather pro-government thugs?

Rupert Colville, a spokesman for the U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights, said the conclusions were based on accounts gathered by U.N. monitors and corroborated by other sources. He said U.N. monitors found that fewer than 20 of the 108 people killed in the west-central area of Houla were killed by artillery fire.

Now they want to kick out all of the diplomats?

In a coordinated effort, the United States joined allies around the world Tuesday in kicking out Syria's diplomats. State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said the U.S. government gave Syria's charge d'affaires 72 hours to leave the country.

and then to consider...

Rupert Colville, a spokesman for the U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights, said the conclusions were based on accounts gathered by U.N. monitors and corroborated by other sources. He said U.N. monitors found that fewer than 20 of the 108 people killed in the west-central area of Houla were killed by artillery fire.

There's gotta be a lot more than meets the eye here... I don't think we're getting the 100% truth as to everything going on, it doesn't seem to add up.

Then to add this to the pot:

A top U.S. senator said Tuesday he would support a no-fly zone over Syria in the wake of Friday's massacre, though the Obama administration pushed back on the question of military force -- so far limiting the latest U.S. response to the expulsion's of Syria's top diplomat to Washington.

Sen. Graham calls for Syria no-fly zone, after US expels top diploma

What is this guy just war hungry, an idiot, or know something we don't? I'm confused....

Too much crap to sift threw on this one, as there always has been....

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

For once you and I agree. After the Russians looked everything over they said you couldn't tell who was responsible for it Assad or the rebels.

i think 90 were killed close range so i think it was the rebels ....

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by nofear39

That is what I had been thinking. The rebels would do something like this because they know other countries want Assad out. So what better way than to say the government is killing civilians.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

yea u r rite pal

s an f for the op
edit on 29-5-2012 by nofear39 because: xx

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nofear39

And its time for them to be exposed.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

No, No, No No,

If I was in Syria,

Id be looking to get the hell out before America decides to 'free them with democracy'

top topics

join