Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Real life experiance, Drones are in the sky!!! Selfridge airport Michigan

page: 1

join

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Yesterday, saw something odd. I live kind of close to selfridge airport in michigan. Flying around the air field were drones. They look very differently compared to any other plane or jet that flew by there. Interesting enough I thought this was important. Could selfridge air base be drone central? Either way, there is more underground secrets to that base than meets the eye. So you are looking at this plane that is very near to the ground, kinda looks small enough to be a radio controled jet, yet too big to be that.
It is hard to describe, but i know that it wasn't manned

military-hotels.us...
edit on 29-5-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

It is doubtful that any drone base activity is at Selfridge. Selfridge is a state Air National Guard base and not regular air force. All the RFPs for drone pilots were for the activity at Creech Air Force Base, a real USAF base just north of Vegas, and the only unmanned air wing/squadron in the Air Force. Unless you really love sand, Creech is an awful place to live or work.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by F4guy

It is doubtful that any drone base activity is at Selfridge. Selfridge is a state Air National Guard base and not regular air force. All the RFPs for drone pilots were for the activity at Creech Air Force Base, a real USAF base just north of Vegas, and the only unmanned air wing/squadron in the Air Force. Unless you really love sand, Creech is an awful place to live or work.

i doubt this highly personaly because of the release of drones on U.S soil that is to come soon. also selfridge spook a lot of people out too.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

You might be right about drones -

The 127th Wing is also host to more than 40 tenant units at Selfridge, which represent every branch of the U.S. Armed Forces: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard. The U.S. Border Patrol and the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agencies have a significant presence at Selfridge.

www.127wg.ang.af.mil...

I think that's your answer right there.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

You might be right about drones -

The 127th Wing is also host to more than 40 tenant units at Selfridge, which represent every branch of the U.S. Armed Forces: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard. The U.S. Border Patrol and the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agencies have a significant presence at Selfridge.

www.127wg.ang.af.mil...

I think that's your answer right there.

Thanks, tons of disinfo agents (not saying anyone is)trying to change what I saw.

Border patrol, gotta keep those candians out
edit on 29-5-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Here you are OP, this is most likely what you saw...

AAI RQ-7 Shadow

The Cook County Sheriff’s Department said Sheriff Thomas Dart has been eyeing this military technology since July 2011. The Illinois National Guard said it is already conducting training flights of its Shadow drone within Illinois airspace.

“The use of drones on domestic operations requires approval by the Secretary of Defense,” said Maj. Brad Leighton, Illinois National Guard public affairs director. “We currently have the authority to operate training missions out of two locations within Illinois.”

Drone use by law enforcement remains under review in Illinois.

Aerial drones set to intrude on Illinois airspace

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I just saw what i believe was a drone. Low in sky, sounded like a plane but on a smaller scale. Perhaps a very large rc. Was triangular looking almost like a small small jet. New bern NC is where i am.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Its OK. the Chinese will fly them all to China when its time. Bad chippies you know.

I wonder if they will use them for a giant fed-ex type system, to move packages fast.....Or seafood distribution...only the freshest fish.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It's for your safety you paranoid tinfoil hats.

Anybody can look up the definition of a terrorism suspect in the Reichsmini.. errr I mean Department of Homeland Security website by himself.

Every person using cash is a suspect. People snapping pictures of public places even more so !

Now we're talking a lot of suspects here. An awful lot. And you really need to keep a close eye on these fellas.

No better way to accomplish that but with drones.

I wonder if they will soon be adding tazer capabilities, or if they go for the AGM 114 variant directly.
edit on 29-5-2012 by H1ght3chHippie because: typ0

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by earthart

Thanks for the "heads up"; I live just a stones throw fro MCASCP so I will be on the look out.BTW: Nice to know there is a fellow ATSer in the neighborhood!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

You also forgot to mention that "they" hate our freedom.
2nd line

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Always wondered how many from eastern nc are here. This site is very informative. Keeps me ahead of alot of news sources even... Love it.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by F4guy

It is doubtful that any drone base activity is at Selfridge. Selfridge is a state Air National Guard base and not regular air force.

Doesnt have to be true. Springfield Air National Guard base in OH is operating the MQ-1 Predators. This started a year or so ago.

MQ-1 in OH

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
So I'm just going to ask...

I've been trying to understand why people are so worried about unarmed drones.
From what I've read, the colleges are buying them now.

Isn't it possible (not saying probable, not saying yes it is just saying....) that we're just entering a new phase of aviation?

top topics

join