It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mug shots posted on the internet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I have multiple sex offenders living in my neighborhood. Welcome to Orlando,Fla. I have made it abundantly clear that their presence near my home will not be tolerated. No problems as of yet.
You should be very concerned with predators. You think sex offenders/predators only prey on children and women? Think again. They are sick, twisted individuals who prey at convenience.
And I dont think people like that deserve a second chance. They should be locked up for life on the first offense.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
My question to you then is what sort of crime should you not be able to hide from, I think say you shop lift, smoke pot, you know petty crimes then ya, your past should not be brought to the forefront with a simple search of mug shots.

But murder, rape, pedo, should those stay, should you forever be known in the public for these things.

Case in point I'm from Canada and have a personal interest in this story, but Vince Li bus beheader, absolutely friggen crazy and will be released because of bleeding hearts in our justice system.

Upon his release he will have no criminal record as he was found NCR (not criminally responsible) for his actions, he will not be a murderer even though he is!!!! Should he not have his picture on the internet for everyone to see, be it prospective employers, suiters, friends if thats possible.

Damn rights he should in my opinion, I feel there is a need to constantly out certain members of our society, you commit henious acts, people should not be so naive as to forget.

Think there has to be limits of course, petty crime win your anonymity, do something you should be forever remembered for, then so be it, your face will always be there in all your infamy.

SaneThinking

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Trust me, I think it is bull crap
that this is done. I don't condone
this at all. What I was trying to explain
on the first page, is if someone has
found a site that has their mugshot
and they have been found
not guilty nolle prosque charge was dropped,
then they can LEGALLY MAKE them
remove it for FREE.. They HAVE to remove it
if you were not convicted..

Now yes, it could take
some time to hunt them all down, but they can not
charge you to take down the mugs shots of when
you were found not guilty.. Also if some jack ass
googles my name and thinks they know me,
as a job looking into me or anyone or thing else
and make a judgement on that, I wouldn't want to be
their friend or work for them anyways. Thank you
edit on 29-5-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 29INFDIV
reply to post by jiggerj

What about the poor sap that gets caught with his girlfriend in a car, and is charged with lewd conduct and has to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life. I do however see a need for monitoring Violent Offenders, but to give the community a means to try and intimidate someone, possibly inflict harm on someone? Here is what is going to happen over the next 10 years.

Everyone that is on a list will be removed from it. Their ability to get a job, find a place to live is greatly impacted. Their argument is solely this 'Continuing Civil Disability' a legal term. Either we are going to have to pay them for their 'Civil Disability' or do away with the list altogether.

Another note people are dumb, a person is smart. People see a mugshot they think 'Criminal.' People see someone on the Sex Offender Registry they think 'Pedophile.' In Baltimore there is a Gun Offender Registry. We already have a mug shot registry?! Whats next DUI registry? (Sarcasm.) As I am not a democrat, more conservative than anything, once someone completes their 'debt to society' they should be entitled to a second chance. There should be a period of time to see any recidivism before their chance at life is completely ruined.

This should be debated....

29INFDIV

Is it possible that this is a setup by the government to get people screaming for internet control? Seems like a perfect scenario.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Interesting post and I LOVE GRUMPY OLD MEN!!!!

When one comes clean and pays his due ,,paysites as this should not be allowed...

But where do we draw the line at,,,some who are arrested several times for domestic abuse,,,pedophiles,,,rapist,,,etc.....????

Then we have the news articles and blogs...kinda impossible......

Many people make mistakes,,young and dumb,,etc...

They always say as well when you commit a crime you will end up back in jail,,,,not quite so!!!
With a majority of some YES...
Depends....
I remember,,well to be honest,,,I was arrested,,,,when 18 with 2 grams of marijuana and had to do a a CREATE drug class with with coke/meth users and they laughed at me on why Im there,,,,,
I had to pay 425 dollars also for it????(my parents,,they were pissed,,,dad was cool though)
It was a 3 week course and it never even talked about marijuana???
It went to a misdamenor charge and would be dropped then..

I was treated like an AX killer or they caught the NIGHT STALKER!!!!
80 lbs skinny and a A cup!!!
LOL,,,

But if one is violent and the news gets its it,,,???

Very interesting post!!!!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MollyMN

When one comes clean and pays his due ,,paysites as this should not be allowed...

But where do we draw the line at,,,some who are arrested several times for domestic abuse,,,pedophiles,,,rapist,,,etc.....????

Then we have the news articles and blogs...kinda impossible......

Many people make mistakes,,young and dumb,,etc...

They always say as well when you commit a crime you will end up back in jail,,,,not quite so!!!
With a majority of some YES...
Depends....
I remember,,well to be honest,,,I was arrested,,,,when 18 with 2 grams of marijuana and had to do a a CREATE drug class with with coke/meth users and they laughed at me on why Im there,,,,,
I had to pay 425 dollars also for it????(my parents,,they were pissed,,,dad was cool though)
It was a 3 week course and it never even talked about marijuana???
It went to a misdamenor charge and would be dropped then..

I was treated like an AX killer or they caught the NIGHT STALKER!!!!
80 lbs skinny and a A cup!!!
LOL,,,

But if one is violent and the news gets its it,,,???

Very interesting post!!!!

And of course it doesn't stop with mugs shots. I see sites popping up that list people with bad credit, people that have been evicted from their apartment for being too loud or too drunk, men that are lousy lays, known druggies and dealers, bad babysitters... Where does it end? It ends with violence. It ends with a lot of p'd off people killing the site owners. It ends with visitors to these sites going out to decrease the population of imperfect people. This is NOT a good thing!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MollyMN

And I love gorgeous little girls like you. OH WAIT! DON'T YOU POST MY AVATAR ON THAT SITE!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join