It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquakes disappearing from Earthquake monitoring sites

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Yes, noticed there were none showing for California the other day, in Equake 3D software program, when went to view these from this article and none were there...

Outbreak Of Earthquakes In California
Saturday, June 02, 2012 11:34
______beforeitsnews/story/2212/195/Outbreak_Of_Earthquakes_In_California.html

The video shows in one day a sudden increase in quakes on the west coast of 2.0 mag,

Normally the whole coast line from Baja up is riddled and perforated with quake markers...

Not on the 3rd, was only a few larger magnitudes one showing and they were way inland
edit on 5-6-2012 by Physic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Physic

I think this mystery of quakes occurring and subsequently being dropped and/or disappearing from earthquake reporting sites bears further scrutiny. Some people mention fracking caused quakes are dropped - I don't think there is any significant fracking going on in California, neither the regions in Northern Canada where I noticed large 5+ magnitude quakes being dropped.

Any theories?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Well, with all things considered, it could be theorized, that there is a coverup in progress, reasons unknown specifically, with in general, reduce public alarm, with foreknowledge of what is going to happen and is happening to the planet and in the Galaxy and the full spectrum....would suggest that something big is about to go down.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I wonder if this has any connection with the disappearing high radiation reading in Russia on the Eurodep monitor this week. I started a separate thread on it, www.abovetopsecret.com... but no-one picked it up. Could a radiation leak reduce that much in the space of one day? Or was it a mistake? or what? Seems like quite a coincidence that you are finding the same sort of thing happening with earthquake monitor readings in the same week. The Eurodep map hasn't disappeared, but the high reading has.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
5.1 northern BC but no where else USGS,intelicast etc Another disappearing quake maybe.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mister1k
5.1 northern BC but no where else USGS,intelicast etc Another disappearing quake maybe.

Nice catch Mister1k!! I have screen captured it for future reference.

There is some fracking in Northern BC I believe, but as I have said before the only man-made phenomenon that can simulate 5+ magnitude quakes are nukes.
edit on 5-6-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: addendum

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony2
I wonder if this has any connection with the disappearing high radiation reading in Russia on the Eurodep monitor this week. I started a separate thread on it, www.abovetopsecret.com... but no-one picked it up. Could a radiation leak reduce that much in the space of one day? Or was it a mistake? or what? Seems like quite a coincidence that you are finding the same sort of thing happening with earthquake monitor readings in the same week. The Eurodep map hasn't disappeared, but the high reading has.

Nice catch, but next time get some screen shots! I'm not saying at all I don't believe you, but some might, and it is tougher to disregard screen captures. Also, I know more about geology and seismic reporting than I do about radiological related topics, if you are truly curious you may want to join this site and post your observations and questions there, they know a lot:

enenews.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
Nice catch, but next time get some screen shots! I'm not saying at all I don't believe you, but some might, and it is tougher to disregard screen captures. Also, I know more about geology and seismic reporting than I do about radiological related topics, if you are truly curious you may want to join this site and post your observations and questions there, they know a lot:

enenews.com...

You're right, if there's a next time I will get a screenshot. Just didn't expect it to disappear. Thanks for the link.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
More dropped quakes today, in a nice line between California and Hawaii, two were over 5+ Magnitude, they were on the ANF site earlier today but gone now:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Another vanished quake today, this one off the coast of California, now dropped by ANF and never shown up on USGS, I'm amazed people aren't interested in this - these aren't errors - at least three seismic stations must be receiving waves from these quakes before they can triangulate on the epicenter - I don't think three stations would have simultaneous errors - the odds against it are over a billion to one:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Today's covered up earthquakes (two), on the border of Alaska and Canada, now gone from the ANF EQ reporting site and they never showed up on the USGS site, even though USGS manages to capture earthquakes less than 4 Mag in places like Tonga they don't capture these large 5+ Mag earthquakes in Alaska?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Here's the latest EQ to disappear from the ANF site and never show up on the USGS site:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I've mentioned time after time not to post the links to ANF, because it only breeds threads like THIS one. *sigh*
They publish uncleaned events, and the confusion it brings is just not worth it.

:shk:

Stick to the USGS site folks, here:
earthquake.usgs.gov...

And better yet still, subscribe to the Quake Watch 2012 thread, where we constantly discuss quakes, sourced from different agencies, and we talk about magnitudes and all kinds of stuff.

Those that know stay away from ANF because of this very reason- To avoid creating threads like this, or freaking out over nothing. A lot of events happen, but only relatively few are truly seismic (unless of course you're on the west coast or in Japan).

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
I've mentioned time after time not to post the links to ANF, because it only breeds threads like THIS one. *sigh*
They publish uncleaned events, and the confusion it brings is just not worth it.

:shk:

Stick to the USGS site folks, here:
earthquake.usgs.gov...

And better yet still, subscribe to the Quake Watch 2012 thread, where we constantly discuss quakes, sourced from different agencies, and we talk about magnitudes and all kinds of stuff.

Those that know stay away from ANF because of this very reason- To avoid creating threads like this, or freaking out over nothing. A lot of events happen, but only relatively few are truly seismic (unless of course you're on the west coast or in Japan).

Really?

Do you know how an earthquake gets plotted onto a map?

At least three seismographic stations - sometimes geographically separated by thousands of miles - must have ALL recorded the SAME, IDENTICAL seismic wave before they can triangulate the position of the epicenter and plot the epicenter on the map.

So if they take the recording off the map, it is not because one station had an error, it is because three stations had the identical error - and the chances of that are over a billion to one.

So, if you are going to talk about earthquakes maybe you should take the time to learn about earthquake reporting.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Think comparisons from both sources and all sources is in order...

Would not trust USGS to be the sole agency reporting source, for various reasons...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
And today's dropped quake was in.......................Greenland! Another usually fairly seismically stable area:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Manitoba and Sask/Alberta border 4.8 and 5.5. 1:31 and 1:38 UTC time. How many of these are going to disappear?
A 5.5 can't just not be here the one day and not the next. Anybody else notice this great big hole in the Data. North America looks like it gets special treatment, especially Via USGS. Plucked or not reporting at all. Anybody who has been monitoring via EQ3D/USGS last couple of years can see it as I can as well. WTF are they hiding?? Why are they hiding?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mister1k
Manitoba and Sask/Alberta border 4.8 and 5.5. 1:31 and 1:38 UTC time. How many of these are going to disappear?
A 5.5 can't just not be here the one day and not the next. Anybody else notice this great big hole in the Data. North America looks like it gets special treatment, especially Via USGS. Plucked or not reporting at all. Anybody who has been monitoring via EQ3D/USGS last couple of years can see it as I can as well. WTF are they hiding?? Why are they hiding?

Nice catch Mister1K!

I think I screen captured those on my laptop last night, I will email them to this computer and put them up later.

You're right though, if these earthquakes are happening, thousands of miles from the plate borders, in one of the most seismically stable regions of the world, it is very significant - and ufortunately probably not good news.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Here are some of the latest to disappear, I've been a bit lazy updating this thread, but I've been looking at and screen shotting the quakes in odd locations (tectonically stable) that disappear, and there is at least one everyday now..........and I know I'm actually missing at least half that come up by checking other sites that are also recording this..........

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I've noticed the earthquakes disappearing before also. There was an earthquake swarm in Yellowstone a couple of summers ago and the data kept changing without the week ending. I also noticed that an asteroid that came close to earth a while back was reported on Space Weather as being about a third of it's actual size. I E-mailed space weather but they didn't correct the size. I wonder if it was to keep people from panicking.

I'm sure that the earthquake monitoring agencies will make quakes disappear if they could cause people to get worried. If there is no real big threat than making people worry is not good either. I doubt if they will admit this policy because it is probably required by our government and other governments of the world. Why should they release information that could cause people to panic if they know nothing major will happen. It does make it hard for a person who researches things to use these sites though unless they are constantly monitoring them and know how to interpret the way they suppress the information. Knowledge is restricted for more than one reason in this world.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join