It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquakes disappearing from Earthquake monitoring sites

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Originally posted by Mister1k
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Thankx for that site Earthscope ANF. I am in Canada and seeing those 5 pointers across Canada yet not reported on USGS in the last two days, makes me nervous.

Being Canadian I'm sure you realize and would agree these would be easy to drop as except for the one in Sask. the rest are in areas of very little habitation where the population density is measured in sq km's per person and not the other way around, thus few if any people would notice them.

If you check out Natural Resources Canada earthquake site you will see this area, over the past 200 years or so, has had virutally no earthquakes, so these are significant in that sense as well. If I can get motivated I may go find a link to that site............

Here you go
www.earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca...
Ya there a few missing alright

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium

Thankx for that site Earthscope ANF. I am in Canada and seeing those 5 pointers across Canada yet not reported on USGS in the last two days, makes me nervous.

Being Canadian I'm sure you realize and would agree these would be easy to drop as except for the one in Sask. the rest are in areas of very little habitation where the population density is measured in sq km's per person and not the other way around, thus few if any people would notice them.

If you check out Natural Resources Canada earthquake site you will see this area, over the past 200 years or so, has had virutally no earthquakes, so these are significant in that sense as well. If I can get motivated I may go find a link to that site............

Here you go

Yes, these are for the last month, and my picture contains ones that almost all happened just yesterday on May 29!!!!!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Brantford Ontario. Ill keep an eye out.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Brantford Ontario. Ill keep an eye out.

I'm in Halton region. Is Brantford at at least 200m ASL?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Yep I am up past Hamilton, up the Mountain. Thank God. And it wouldn't take you long to get here my friend if need be.
edit on 30-5-2012 by Mister1k because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I know how seismographs work - they need at least three readings to triangulate, so at least three stations received similar seismic wave readings, so it is not just one station, I could see them adjusting them a few tenths - I know this happens all the time - but you don't get multiple readings of 5+ quakes - each from at least three stations - which you think would eliminate much error from just one station - and decide they didn't happen.

Maybe the reason they are dropped is because only one station reports them. Without confirmation, it's assumed that the "earthquake" was some sort of sensor fault... or passing truck.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I frequent 'Quakes live Earthquakes Map'. As of yesterday, I can no longer access the data on this site. Why are they taking them down or blocking access? Anyone have other easy to follow 'global' quake sites we can still access for real time quakes? ~Perplexed

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

I know how seismographs work - they need at least three readings to triangulate, so at least three stations received similar seismic wave readings, so it is not just one station, I could see them adjusting them a few tenths - I know this happens all the time - but you don't get multiple readings of 5+ quakes - each from at least three stations - which you think would eliminate much error from just one station - and decide they didn't happen.

Maybe the reason they are dropped is because only one station reports them. Without confirmation, it's assumed that the "earthquake" was some sort of sensor fault... or passing truck.

If only one station reports it then they wouldn't be able to show an epicenter on the map. They can only show an epicenter on the map if they have triangulated the quake, and they can only triangulate the quake if at least three seismograph stations have received the seismic waves from a particular quake - so if at least three stations are receiving a reading from the same wave error is almost impossible, though they modify the intensity up or down a few decimal points.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I just finished reading your thoughtful Thread, clicked above on 'Recent Posts', and suddenly up-pops a small window saying, SEISMIC.NET WISH TO LEAVE A COOKIE ON YOUR PC'. How strange is that ????

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by steaming
I just finished reading your thoughtful Thread, clicked above on 'Recent Posts', and suddenly up-pops a small window saying, SEISMIC.NET WISH TO LEAVE A COOKIE ON YOUR PC'. How strange is that ????

Wow, a polite poster on ATS, that is almost equally as strange! Just kidding, that is a little weird, never even heard of seismic.net, but I'll go check it out now.

What do you think about the dropped quakes though? And none of them even showed up on the USGS or other earthquake reporting sites.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by steaming

That domain name is listed for sale........the owners of it were obviously able to put two and two together, having a front row seat for the coverup............and are probably in their bunker now.............

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium

Here you go

Yes, these are for the last month, and my picture contains ones that almost all happened just yesterday on May 29!!!!!

OOP sorry had one also a 4.3 Mag.
www.earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca...​20120502.0003/index-eng.php
so why it does not show up then
edit on 31-5-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

There are many showing up. As my link near the top shows in this area of Canada, the Canadian sheild, there has hardly been any earthquakes at all there over the past 400 years, and in the past few months there have been many 5+ quakes, that have been dropped and not shown on the USGS site. Why? Because if it was pubically known there was a flurry of earthquakes in one of the most stable rock formations in the world, the Canadian Shield, which is thousands of miles large and thousands of miles from the plate boundary of the North American Plate, geologists would be very curious and do more digging. Planet X is having effects on earth that cannot be explained by current geologic models.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Here is another earthquake in Labrador, Canada, that showed up on the ANF earthquake reporting site and was dropped, 4.7 magnitude:

I don't know if this one ever showed up on the USGS site, I assume it didn't, since it was only May 22nd and should still be there.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Maybe they fell in some sink holes?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Easier to remove earthquake data than it is to conceal a few sentences.

S & F
edit on 31-5-2012 by davidmann because: a simple plan.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Canada is like a blank sheet of paper now. WOW

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Canada is like a blank sheet of paper now. WOW

Someone on another thread suggested that they drop seismic activity that is associated with human activity and not an actual quake. Well sure, that sounds reasonable, but many of these quakes are over mag 5, and as far as I know the only human activity that can cause something that large is a nuke. For example, blasting for mining operations causes seismic activity in the 1-2 magnitude range. And every whole digit higher represents a 30 fold increase in energy release.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Earthquakes due to Hydraulic Fracking to get oil/natural gas will likely be scrubbed from the system.

Can't have lawyers getting access to hard data for lawsuits ya know.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Earthquakes due to Hydraulic Fracking to get oil/natural gas will likely be scrubbed from the system.

Can't have lawyers getting access to hard data for lawsuits ya know.

Sure, good point, but the earthquakes I'm looking at occur across a wide swath of north central and north eastern Canada, where I can assure you no fracking is occurring. There is some fracking in Western Canada - anyways no fracking on the planet is going to cause seismic waves over 5 Magnitude.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join