It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquakes disappearing from Earthquake monitoring sites

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
A bunch of earthquakes were recorded today on the ANF earthquake monitoring site, but many were dropped, and this has happened many days over the past couple of months, and these EQ's are nowhere to be found on the USGS:

There had been rumors that the USGS had been downgrading the strength of earthquakes and dropping some altogether, none of these quakes appear on the USGS site.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I usually use iris.edu....none of those quakes are showing up on there....very interesting.

have to keep an eye out.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Quakes are often downgraded or changed because the initial data is not correct. Not sure if it's much more than this..

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
I usually use iris.edu....none of those quakes are showing up on there....very interesting.

have to keep an eye out.

This is not this first time it has happened either, and most were not small quakes, most were in the 5.0 - 5.9 range, so not biggies, but not insignificant either.

It really caught my eye today because the most I had ever seen dropped at one time before was about 3, but today there were at least six on this view and a few in Europe as well, all happening at around the same time.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

I wonder if something else could be setting off the monitors...but are not considered quakes?

I know, I am going out on a limb....just looking at another explanation than hiding quake data.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Quakes are often downgraded or changed because the initial data is not correct. Not sure if it's much more than this..

I know how seismographs work - they need at least three readings to triangulate, so at least three stations received similar seismic wave readings, so it is not just one station, I could see them adjusting them a few tenths - I know this happens all the time - but you don't get multiple readings of 5+ quakes - each from at least three stations - which you think would eliminate much error from just one station - and decide they didn't happen.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

I wonder if something else could be setting off the monitors...but are not considered quakes?

I know, I am going out on a limb....just looking at another explanation than hiding quake data.

What are you thinking? Please elaborate - brainstorm! There are no wrong suppositions when brainstorming............

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Thankx for that site Earthscope ANF. I am in Canada and seeing those 5 pointers across Canada yet not reported on USGS in the last two days, makes me nervous.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I too noticed that "iris" has been mostly quiet the past few days.

How would they know if those 5+ quakes were an error?
Shouldn't they adjust first and then report?
Who exactly makes up these lists?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I noticed it too.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
I too noticed that "iris" has been mostly quiet the past few days.

How would they know if those 5+ quakes were an error?
Shouldn't they adjust first and then report?
Who exactly makes up these lists?

Sorry for being so lazy, but I posted an answer to this above.

The nature of earthquake reporting, in which three seismograph stations all need to receive data from the same wave in order to triangulate on the epicenter, means that there is built in redundancy and error correction, when you see an earthquake reported it is not just being reported from one station which of course would be more prone to error.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Well...I get a little gun shy around here anymore

I still think imo...the sun is having an effect on the movement of faults or maybe even deeper in the core...I haven't narrowed down to anything specific yet...but it has been rolling around in my head for awhile. That in combination with upcoming pole shift, which I know is still a controversy, something weird is going on.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister1k

Thankx for that site Earthscope ANF. I am in Canada and seeing those 5 pointers across Canada yet not reported on USGS in the last two days, makes me nervous.

Being Canadian I'm sure you realize and would agree these would be easy to drop as except for the one in Sask. the rest are in areas of very little habitation where the population density is measured in sq km's per person and not the other way around, thus few if any people would notice them.

If you check out Natural Resources Canada earthquake site you will see this area, over the past 200 years or so, has had virutally no earthquakes, so these are significant in that sense as well. If I can get motivated I may go find a link to that site............

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Yes, I had noticed this. And I started viewing the EQ's on this site here:
quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Problem with the above site is they only show EQ's for a certain length of time(less than 24 hours), but when comparing USGS with the incendent map there were consistent inconsistencies-but no body was saying anthing, including myself. I just wondered about silently.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I've been watching a lot of monitoring maps /sites not this one mind you, but after viewing, I am fitting a piece to the puzzle. Like it was missing. You just knew someone is/was fudging the data. I've been waiting for North America ,especially Canada, to show the signs of stress. Pressure inside plate boundary's, miles inland from those boundary's and its happening. My thinking is being realized. When the Canadian Shield starts moving.
It don't ever move. Three 5s across the country and nothing on MSM. USGS reports a 2.5 in BC two days ago. That's it that's all. WTF!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I monitored two small quakes in my lab in Montreal last week that were not reported. Minimal damage, some fallen bricks and a broken watermain. 1.3 and 1.1 poorly constrained and very shallow. These deletions are not mistakes.

AX
FTNWO

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaExray

I monitored two small quakes in my lab in Montreal last week that were not reported. Minimal damage, some fallen bricks and a broken watermain. 1.3 and 1.1 poorly constrained and very shallow. These deletions are not mistakes.

AX
FTNWO

Wow, thanks for the first hand report! I didn't think earthquakes that small would even be felt - unless they were extremely shallow. Is Montreal part of the Ottawa River valley fault?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I've been watching a lot of monitoring maps /sites not this one mind you, but after viewing, I am fitting a piece to the puzzle. Like it was missing. You just knew someone is/was fudging the data. I've been waiting for North America ,especially Canada, to show the signs of stress. Pressure inside plate boundary's, miles inland from those boundary's and its happening. My thinking is being realized. When the Canadian Shield starts moving.
It don't ever move. Three 5s across the country and nothing on MSM. USGS reports a 2.5 in BC two days ago. That's it that's all. WTF!

Yes, the Canadian Shield is about as solid as you get, and you're right, thousands of miles from the boundaries of the North American plate.

Here, from the Natural Resources Canada website, are the significant earthquakes from that region - from the last 400 YEARS - almost nothing!

www.earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca...
edit on 29-5-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: addendum

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Manitoba quakes are both gone now!! Data fudge at work,HARDCORE.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Manitoba quakes are both gone now!! Data fudge at work,HARDCORE.

Thanks for noticing that! I wonder if the ones in Hudon's Bay and Sask. (I hate spelling that) will disappear as well, I'll have to remember to check tomorrow. What province are you in? I'm in the hated Ontario.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join