It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the worlds first global elections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
this is NOT an election of a PERSON or a political PARTY,
it is the election of an IDEA,
a single idea that we as global citizens decide by a democratic process,
the idea is elected by majority and every country and every person world wide is allowed a vote.

it is required that there are some type of open process where the IDEAS are suggested,
and where each person can vote on their favorite idea.
when a world wide consensus exists on what the idea is,
we then vote on ideas on how to achieve the aims of the idea that we have elected.

once achived a new vote is held for ideas and the process starts again

i will start with the idea that
"in a free market ALL ingredients must be labeled in food to allow the public to decide WHAT we eat"
(this is one example of an electable idea)

i will now show an example of a solution,
"all countries will label food in all cases and ingredients in a simple way so that people can understand and choose what they consume"

the idea is that if enough people agree on what we want,
and enough people vote on how to achive the aim or goal,
world wide we can start to put pressure on govenments world wide,
ALL AT THE SAME TIME,

we MAKE the issue the number 1 goal for world wide change.
the model is based on participatory democracy and crowd sourced solution generation,

and world wide simultaneous pressure on a global level.
this would be the most effective way to achieve positive change for all people

all we have to do is design a system where everyone is equal and tampering is minumised

to take on multinational companies who are not beholden to any single country,
we must demand changes on a world wide level,
these decisions MUST be made by the people because individual governments cannot stand up to the power of multinationals and have no will to hold to account the very corporations that degrade our society with profit at all costs business models

the world concensus canot be ignored

what do earthlings think about this idea, and or do you have suggestions as to what idea should be elected?

the power of the consumer should really drive the markets for food,
not "SECERET" INGREDIANTS" with patent protection used to hide true ingrediants

xploder

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
this is NOT an election of a PERSON or a political PARTY,
it is the election of an IDEA,
a single idea that we as global citizens decide by a democratic process,
the idea is elected by majority and every country and every person world wide is allowed a vote.

this idea really bothers me...

because if there is 500,000 communists and 250,000 democrats, hypothetically, then who is in power?
the communists, simply because they have more. well how do you get more votes? you have to change peoples minds.

well how do they change minds? by changing perceptions through mass media on television, anyway they can reach you.

the people who want freedom and liberty over oppression would always be outnumbered even in a legitimate vote if underhanded tactics are used, and they are, because nice people aren't going to use dirty tactics to fight and win....

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
i vote for no one having anything more powerful than a finger to point at the other person (ok i can see someone making a 10 shot finger shotgun just to annoy me but they wont be able to respond with the bird afterwards
)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

please re read the op post,
this does not mean a comunist vs capitalist election,
it is an election of AN IDEA
an idea we can all agree on that benifits us all

example,
no more DEPLEATED URANIUM used ANYWHERE in the world for amunition

it is NOT about politics
it IS about what people want to see for a better world

xploder

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
i vote for no one having anything more powerful than a finger to point at the other person (ok i can see someone making a 10 shot finger shotgun just to annoy me but they wont be able to respond with the bird afterwards
)

that is an example of what would be AN ELECTABLE idea to vote on,

do you have a suggestion on how to achive your electable idea?

ps star

xploder

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I would venture to bet that around 75% of food that is consumed around the world does not have the kind of packaging that makes it possible to put the ingredients on it. But I think that you have a point to a degree. I mean, who besides major corporations would NOT want any mass produced item whether it be food, cleaning products, or anything consumed to at least have the ingredients, chemicals, etc. to be readily available. Furthermore, any company selling a product should have to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the product they sell is not harmful. That means an outside reputable source gets to do the research on said products for confirmation, not the company scientists.

I would also like to see the advertising of needless products be strictly regulated as well, in order to raise the quality of life for those who are bombarded by these advertisements on a daily basis, and for the health of future generations.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The only reason why anyone (other than the psychopaths themselves, of course) wants global government, is because they've been brainwashed to want it. If they actually thought critically about it, they'd realise that it is an incredibly bad idea.

top topics

join