It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9-year old dream, foretelling 'the beginning of the end-times'...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hi everyone.

I felt I should share this with you, though I haven't yet decided how much I place upon it in terms of what it portends to predict, and the manner in which the timing of the prediction came about.

About nine years ago, I had a dream, which at the time seemed highly significant, and felt as though it was 'spiritual' - in the sense that a seemingly powerful, wise and pure spirit-being was talking to me as I experienced the dream. In itself, the dream was more like a vision than a dream - I was stood still throughout, seeing imagery and the figure of the wise one I spoke with as they appeared in front of me. I believe that the spirit-being was an angel, or some other heavenly power.

Basically, in the dream, I was told that I would never finish reading the Lord of the Rings trilogy (by JRR Tolkien), of which a box-set of the three books had been given me as a present only a few weeks prior to the dream. I was told that before I finished reading the third installment, 'The Return of The King', that the world around me would have entered into the beginning of a time of darkness - indeed, I was told that it would be the beginning of the prophesied 'End-Times' so feared and hoped against by the majority of us.

So ominous was the dream, nine years ago, that I actually decided that I would not attempt to read the books, and so they have remained in boxes, or on shelves, in my various residences since that time back in 2003/4.

I had completely forgotten about the dream, and had recently cleared out some boxes of stuff from the garage - including the trilogy box-set. Having placed them on a new bookshelf in our dining room, I determined I would read them soon-ish, as it seemed a waste to have left them unread for so long. In fact, I read a different trilogy first - the 'Cosmic Trilogy' by CS Lewis. A great read if you have the time and inclination. I moved onto the first book of the LOTR this previous weekend, on Saturday 26th May, as i figured it would be a way to pass the time as I took the kids to be with their Great-Grandma down in the Midlands, here in (beautifully sunny and warm) England.

I had actually finished the first book (The Fellowship of The Ring) by the next day, so absorbed in it did I become. It was only then that I remembered the dream of nine years ago, and the memory came suddenly, 'from nowhere' so to speak. By my pace of reading, combined with my normal day-to-day activities and responsibilities, I estimate that I will have finished the last book by this weekend.

Now what to make of it all? I personally believe there's a two-fold message concerning the state of the Earth.

I will be watching current events very carefully over the next few days. It could be that some conflict somewhere will ignite the blue touch-paper of global war.

I believe that in the midst of, and following this 'third world war', a literal New World Order would arise, but I believe it runs deeper than a simple grab for power by the so-called 'Elite'. My personal beliefs are spiritual in nature, though I love science and enjoy keeping abreast of new scientific developments. I believe that any 'Dark NWO' would derive its philosophy and methodology from a dark spiritual power, the Old Enemy, referenced in scripture as Satan. This draws me to my second point:

The parallel between such an arising of a New World Order here on Earth, and the plot of the LOTR trilogy, is essentially staggering, and blatantly obvious. In the LOTR, Sauron, Lord of Mordor, plots to overthrow all the free races on Middle Earth, to bring about the fall of society, enabling him to then control the entire population in fear and misery, in servitude to him. He uses other, smaller peoples and powers to set up the 'game', to arrange the chess board in his favour, and prepares to strike at a timely juncture and in a manner that he hopes will ensure his victory.

The biblical tale of the end-times is such that Satan will spend aeons deceiving the earth and its rulers, in order to mount a crusade to destroy the earth and claim rule over what is left of it, no more hiding in the shadows or behind the whitewashed appearance of various political powers. He will come out of the shadow realms to demand worship/allegiance, and will torture/ kill all those who stand opposed to him and his schemes.

Conclusion?

I believe the LOTR trilogy was utilised by an angel/ heavenly power as a metaphorical tool to instruct me regarding the time and manner of the 'beginning of the end-times'. You of course may choose to believe me, or may choose to deride me, or may choose to ignore the whole thing. I personally am convinced that the chess board is arrayed in the manner destined, and that the Old Enemy of our souls is about to launch his final campaign against the earth and its peoples. Over the next few days I will be watching the TV, internet, skies and peoples around the world - to try to discern 'the signs of the times', as we were instructed to, so long ago. There may be no major incident so obvious as to arouse our suspicions immediately - think of the assassination of Franz Ferdinand, leading ultimately to World War 1. We must discern and test our theories and the happenings that inspire them according to the light of wisdom.

Side-notes:

The Queen's Diamond Jubilee is this weekend - a time when the British nations will be attending street parties and open-air fun days. Could it be that the rumoured Illuminati 'final card', the fake alien invasion, is scheduled to take place when many will see and fear it? I have had other dreams that seem to suggest that we will suddenly be faced with the rapid descent of spaceships that had been masquerading as stars in the sky.

Another interesting side-note is that the film 'Iron Sky' was released here, last week, in the UK - for one day only in cinemas (23/5/2012). Such an action, of one-day release, makes ZERO commercial sense.

Are 'they' thus using the film to play out that black magic ritual of showing their intentions to the public-at-large before carrying them out? The film-makers are highly annoyed with the distributor (apparently). Did the distributors fall foul of a word come down from on-high? We cannot say for sure, but a one-day release is simply ridiculous if the distributor wanted to make any money at all. What could their reasoning be? It baffles..... Unless there is a hidden hand at work.

Disclaimer: Who knows? Maybe or maybe not. I claim no specific ability of foretelling; I simply had an intense and memorable dream, and am sharing it - and my relevant recent experience - for you to digest according to your pre-conditioned beliefs. I don't expect to sway anyone to believe in 'the prophetic'.

Unless something 'big' happens in the next few days.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

Kind of sounds just like a dream to me, that turned into a self-fulfilling prophecy. You didn't read them because of the dream. See the circular dilemma?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Hmm. Well I guess we know who to blame if we are heading towards doom. Weren't you warned not to read that book?

Placing any significance on dates or anniversaries isn't a great way to predict anything. That old bag is lucky to have lived so long......

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by flashtrum

I wasn't instructed not to read the books, it was as though the personality relaying the information was simply commenting upon the fact that I would be unable to finish reading them at the time I chose to do so.

I had in fact completely forgotten about the dream until after finishing the first book in the trilogy over the weekend.

In response to your other point, I place no significance on the Queen or her jubilee - just the fact that so many Brits will be out and about that weekend made me wonder whether anything might happen in the skies above us to take advantage of that fact..

As I say in the OP - al this may mean nothing, but on the other hand it may mean something. I'll be keeping an eye on things closely anyway - looking out for a potential 'herald of doom' in whatever guise it may take. A single bullet is alleged to have ignited the touchpaper of the first world war - maybe something equally 'trivial' could be the spark for WW3...

The chess pieces are certainly in place. Iran getting angst-ridden, N Korea shooting from the hip, news media propaganda relating to Syria, China in the ascendence etc.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

There's no circular dilemma, because as mentioned explicitly in the OP, I didn't read them by choice while I remembered the dream, but chose to read them at a much later time, not a time at all significant to myself, and specifically having forgotten all about the dream until after finishing the first book of the trilogy.

Therefore, it is as though the time of reading were beyond my conscious choice - it was simply a matter of 'coincidence' - or synchronicity - that led me to rediscover the books at a chance time while sorting through some old boxes. Therefore, by my reasoning, if prophetic experiences are at all practically possible within the sphere of our existence on Earth, then the words of the dream character may ring true according to some timescale beyond my reckoning, from outside our own timeline. I had no practical control over the discovery of the books, having forgotten where they were, and having forgotten the dream, as I saw it, I made a random decision to read them at an insignificant time - though perhaps significant, as only the coming days will tell.

It could be that we cannot immediately see the actual significance of any given event that is later determined to be the 'Franz Ferdinand of World War 3'. It is only possible at this time to heed the potential warning (or not, given your personal inclinations) and keep an eye out for the happenings that might qualify as heralds of the prophesied 'End Times'. We may look back on said events and then see clearly, with the benefit of hindsight, what had been obscured as insignificant, or only mildly significant, at the time it took place...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I also believe June 6th is somehow a significant day. 6/6 is also the Transit of Venus. The entire world will be watching the skies!!! A 2005 Crop Circle in Silbury Hill, Wiltshire indicated the Return of the Maya’s Quetzalcoatl and it indicated a time period of May 20, 2012 ending on June 6th, 2012. Yes, I will be watching the skies. By the way, Quetzalcoatl was just one of the many names for the Sun god......

On the American $1 Dollar bill is the Eye of Apollo or Quetzalcoatl if you will. The picture is a Cipher. The Pyramid is Mayan and refers to 2012. The Eagle is IN FLIGHT. He carries the message E Pluribus Unum in his beak. Meaning: "Out of many names, one god" THE SUN god and he will return from the skies!!!

Point being, June 6th just happens to be a SUNday!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Why would you post your thread in two different forums? A thread about a dream you allegedly had 9 years ago, no less.

I can understand some breaking news being in two forums. But a dream? Completely unnecessary, and just taking up space on the New Topic page.

Bad form.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Simple answer is that I wanted feedback from those who are interested in predictions specifically, and also from those who are not so interested, specifically.

The gray area is one of my favourite haunts, and I value the opinions/ open-mindedness to be found here. I posted first in predictions and prophecies, and then rued the fact that it might get limited exposure to open-minded skeptics. Usually I wouldn't double post in such a way, but I wanted to garner opinion from varied sources.

Hopefully that's a satisfactory answer. Both are getting nice and varied responses, and going in different directions, so I hope this is okay with mods.

Edit to add - it would only be bad form, according to that general principle, if I was 'playing ATS for points'. If that were the case then I could understand your post. As it is, it might seem that you'd rather see one of the threads shut down, without having actually contributed anything of substance relevant to the premise of the respective OP beforehand. That makes me question your motive in responding at all. My motives are succinctly described as exposure of the apparent 'message' from the dream as described in the OP, and in providing a platform of wider remit for the gathering of responses that may help solve the mystery.

edit on 29-5-2012 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
No man may know the day or the hour of his coming, nor shall any breath give accurate warning to others of his impending calamity for this world.

That being said, S&F, never know when our dreams do truly turn prophetic. I've had several myself, but as they're not relevant in this scenario, i'll keep them until such time as they need be shared.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
..... I read this before... had like 40+ flags.. Did you copy someone's thread?

or are you the same person? -.-

or maybe...... I had a dream about reading this same exact thread a few nights ago...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Basically, in the dream, I was told that I would never finish reading the Lord of the Rings trilogy (by JRR Tolkien), of which a box-set of the three books had been given me as a present only a few weeks prior to the dream. I was told that before I finished reading the third installment, 'The Return of The King', that the world around me would have entered into the beginning of a time of darkness - indeed, I was told that it would be the beginning of the prophesied 'End-Times' so feared and hoped against by the majority of us.

Whilst many of us tend to take dreams literally, the fact is most dreams are actually the opposite of what we are being told.

For example, I dream my niece's new baby will be a girl in reality, it is a boy.

When people dream of death, in reality it tends to represent change. Because dreams come from the sub conscious they often mirror image the consciousness. Dreams are usually also filled with arch types which represent other things. It is interesting that even cross cultures many of those dream arch types are the same.

I am not saying that you have interpreted your dream incorrectly as it was your dream and there are no shortage of literal or prophetic dreams happening in the world today.
What I am saying is that even if you finish the book, what happens will happen regardless and stopping your life waiting for it will change nothing. Trust that the universe is unfolding as it should and don't worry.

Sure, look for signs, try to be prepared and warn others if you are so compelled but remember, even the end time is just a precursor to a new beginning.

Interesting post
Cheers

edit on 3-6-2012 by MollyStewart because: typo

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
So.... the fate of the world is based on whether or not you read this stupid trilogy box set........ you better learn to read son....

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
When do you expect to finish reading these books? Are you not tempted to read them as quickly as possible just to see what goes down?

It's quite an odd situation, really - if this is a genuine prophecy then something somewhere is waiting to be triggered by you...in a way, this prediction (if it is a prediction/premonition whatever) bestows on you the power to decide when the S will HTF...I'd read 'em as quickly as possible...perhaps if you read them quick and actually do finish the third installment and nothing happens you'll have changed the course of the future, either that or it was just a dream after all :p...craaaazy, but stil a cool story.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by samerulesapply

I actually finished the last book the other day - hours earlier, Susan Rice announced that the USA intended to 'strike' Syria. Having looked all over the forums for the most obvious sign of a possible trigger to WW3, it would seem that a strike on Syria would be the most likely candidate. And it looks like I'm not the only one:
Allen West: Syrian Intervention Could Trigger World War 3

The events of the future don't depend on my action - it was more like the entity (I believe it to have been an angel) in the dream was advising that by a 'chance' of synchronicity (subconsciously prompted??), I would choose to read the books during a period of time within which the first precursive actions leading to the end-times would take place.

I believe that if the USA strike against Syria, the prophecy will have proven accurate, as the decision to do so was made public when I had only two chapters remaining.

edit on 3-6-2012 by FlyInTheOintment because: layout

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hmm, I see what you mean. Sorry, actually re-read the OP, I thought it'd said you wouldn't get to finish the third installment...but I'd mis-read, much apologies.

I suppose only time will tell...hope you enjoyed the books at least.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

It was just a dream where you combined two things that preoccupied your mind during the day in that time period. I had such a dream when I was young and a born again Christian: I dreamed I was in a theater and then the fire alarm went off and panic ensued as everybody, including me, rushed to the exit. When I was outside, it was night and I saw many fireballs falling on the city and it struck me that was it: judgment day had arrived. And so, I ran around and shouted "Repent, the end is here!". And then I woke up breathless and all sweaty and realized it was just a dream. Did it reinforce my faith? Absolutely, but I lost or renounced a few years later anyway. That was in the 70ties by the way and all my Christian friends agreed with me that indeed we were living near the end-times and it would not take long before Jesus returned to bail us out of misery.

Originally posted by samerulesapply
Hmm, I see what you mean. Sorry, actually re-read the OP, I thought it'd said you wouldn't get to finish the third installment...but I'd mis-read, much apologies.

I suppose only time will tell...hope you enjoyed the books at least.

Ok, one of us has reading comprehensions. Here's what it says in the OP:

So, how is he dream prophecy fulfilled? The OP has finished reading the trilogy and we are nowhere near the end-time yet. And no the announcement of a war with Syria does not count. It counts when this war escalates to WW III, but it has not happened yet and probably will not happen. I doubt NATO will intervene in Syria without the consent of Russia and China that's why ignored the problem for so long, because Russia as a traditional ally was opposed to such intervention and Russia has close ties with China and they will probable support any decision one of them makes on the matter.
edit on 3/6/2012 by WalterRatlos because: to add another reply and to bold some parts

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WalterRatlos

The dream indicated only that the first, formative events leading to the End-Times would have occurred by the time I finished the books - not that the world would have already crashed into Armageddon-style battles.

Ergo, the beginning of a time of darkness.

I've had dreams of general disaster, per your movie theatre dream, and dreams where specific info is being relayed about the future. In the dream featured in the OP, specific info was relayed, in a cryptic sort of way. Synchronicity is the key here. The fact that I'd forgotten about the dream until I'd finished the first book of the trilogy.

A USA decision to strike Syria can easily be interpreted as a formative event, which may in turn lead to an escalation of conflict in the Middle East. In time that conflict could conceivably spill over into global war, especially considering the alliances involved and the USA's long-term goals in that region (eg Iran). In which case, the prophecy will have proven accurate. Of course I hope that it doesn't - however, I believe that prophecy is sent as a warning, and as a 'heads-up', to allow us to prepare accordingly.

I'm being quite careful to follow the news from all manner of sources at the moment, and I have a loose plan of action should things develop as I expect them to. I've had other dreams of a similar nature which I haven't shared here, and so there are certain other things I anticipate over the course of the next few weeks and months. Loose plans for evacuation of populated centres and the location of appropriate sanctuaries/ refuges are a useful thing to hold in mind. 'Loose' is the keyword, as there's a lot of variables to consider, and there's no sense in being too narrow-minded about how things will turn out. I'm no survivalist by any stretch of the imagination.

PS - I don't see how you've inferred that anything in the dream related to any 'two things' that had occurred the day before.

edit on 4-6-2012 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by samerulesapply

The OP did say that I wouldn't finish the third installment - I typed it up poorly. The dream actually warned (and I should've written) that I wouldn't finish the third installment before the beginning of the end would have come, meaning the formative events leading to the end times..

Sorry, that led to some confusion (and some incorrect assertions on the part of at least one poster).

top topics

join