It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My take on Masonry

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

***”Well, the op, a Mason full of integrity DID kind of call one member blind for disagreeing”****

Two issues with this particular statement, first of all the term “blind” was referring to the lack of true knowledge in Masonry, much in the same way I wouldn’t attempt to explain “The real reasons behind astrophysics to an astrophysicists bases on some internet post I read” Those men spend their lives researching, studying their field, to which I too would be considered blind, no matter what I think I may know!

And second its not hard to see the cynical and sarcastic undertones throughout your entire post, so how can you make a statement that obviously places YOUR comment, with all your “higher enlightenment” of a craft (which in reality you actually have no hands on experience), above that of anyone else’s?

As OP, this thread was to share with people (brothers and non-brothers) who may have some misunderstanding or know very little of what it actually means to be a Mason. It was my intentions to shed some light on the subject… since I actually am a Mason, and do actually practice the craft.

You mentioned, again with a condescending attitude, that the United States would crumble if it weren’t for Masons.. I never said that the Masonic Order established the US and its principals, I said men, who happen to be Masons… referring to common the premise that the lodge is inherently evil, ect ect ect.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

***Since Jesus was probably an Essene, it can be said that he was a member of the prototype of Freemasonry which existed in that time. If anything, those whom He condemned are today represented by the anti-Masons, not the Masons.***

I have never heard it quite put that way, extremely fascinating brother and thank you for posting!!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

….***unless we come up with some sort of Vulcan mind-meld technology***

Isnt that how the illuminati and the uber secret 33s brain wash us lowly lodge members into their “secret inner ring”… that it! They must be Vulcans!! See its not the Masons taking over the world…. It’s the Vulcans!!!

Thank you for your post brother! What started as an informal description of my perspective, certainly has been made interesting and somewhat entertaining by the self proclaimed lodge experts, lacking in ACTUAL knowledge gained from the lodge itself.

But neither here nor there, they are quite entertaining in their speculations and I have begun to admire the tenacity in which they try and prove their point. Albeit misdirected.

I wish though, for once that in making these accusations, that one of them would at least claim to have been a high level Mason, who was accepted into this “secret sect” and found that it violated their moral code and were completely appalled by their actions….. then, at least it would seem easier to lend an ear… for a few minutes anyway….

edit on 30-5-2012 by JBpage76 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JBpage76

Isnt that how the illuminati and the uber secret 33s brain wash us lowly lodge members into their “secret inner ring”… that it! They must be Vulcans!! See its not the Masons taking over the world…. It’s the Vulcans!!!

And thus, the significance of the special grips!
Past from Worshipful to Initiate, more knowledge with each grip. I knew my ears had gotten pointier since joining the Lodge!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Interesting post!

Funny I have been interested in Masonry for a very, very long time. Like many things curiosity about secret societies and speculations on our (humanity) past has often lead me to that door. I often walk past a temple when I am on my break but again never opened that door.

Funnier still I have learned more about black magic, satanic rituals, the dark forces from so called “Religious” or “Christian” web sites then I ever have from masons. And oddly a lot of demonizing (pun intact) Christians seem to know more about the occult to “WARN” you then I could or would ever want to know.

I am still undecided on Masons, and although I do believe in a Creator and an Anti-Creator (jury still out on Lucifer, but let’s say Satan for the sake of an argument and name calling) but organized Christian churches have left me cold…

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

I am still undecided on Masons, and although I do believe in a Creator

That is enough. No one should be decided on Masons until they see for themselves, and the only requirement is believing in a Creator. (Also being a male, of legal age in your state.)

Open the door. They won't lock you in, they'll just answer your questions. You can stop at any time, they ask you every step of the way. No harm in going in and asking a few questions.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

I would say first, Thank you for your contribution to this discussion and thank you for your presentation on the questioning of it. It was done respectfully and honestly, there by earning my respect and honesty.

Your views of religion are not dissimilar from my own. My way of viewing religion can sometimes counter to most of the members of my lodge, but I am in no way ill-treated for them either.

The Masonic Lodge, as stated by getreadyalready, only requires a belief in a creator (or a higher being). No one specific ideology. Any man of good moral character (not a perfect man, just a good man) and a willingness to learn the ways of Masonry would be granted acceptance, and once initiated and on the path of receiving the degrees, you would be accepted as a brother.

Again, thank you for your contribution to the discussion.

edit on 30-5-2012 by JBpage76 because: Spelling correction addition of content

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

There is no truth that Freemasonry had anything to do with the financial crises.

Actually if you actually have read the Bible the verses that cover the "stone the builders rejected" was first in Psalm 118:2 and then reiterated by Peter in the 4th Chapter of the Acts of the Apostles, after Christ had ascended. I would think as a Christian you would know this.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I think that in masonry exists all kinds of people, good, evil, Christian, luciferian, atheist, black, white, chinese, korean, etc. All with their own gold.
So you can find any type of person in masonry, correct me if I´m wrong

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CowabungaPT

I have all those, except for luciferianism and black in my Lodge at this very moment.

I am somewhat curious about the luciferianism myself, although I would never become one, I do see some logic and reasoning in it, and my Lodge will likely have a black member or two by the end of the year.

So..... yes, you are 100% correct.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

My take on Masonry
It is so difficult re learning what we thought was learned under ideal, honest conditions. My first exposure to freemasonry was through my father who described the Masons he worked with. My father was a very simple man of the Catholic Church and ani mason.

Moving on, are all Catholics evil because the priest is a child molester or the Vatican has a problem counting money, or loves to hide secrets in vaults? Oh you say, Freemasonry is much different, that could never happen. Well, many a brother will now tell you it can, and has. What really is so different between these two "Institutions"? Good happens, and evil happens, and the safety nets put into place, failed.

The real difference is what side of the debate you are on. Both are control institutions that insist there is no other way. Good men must meet in secret to keep goodness alive, good men must meet in public to keep good alive. Its all a game of control.

Freemasonry was instituted for one reason, by one global force, and infiltrated and taken over by another, all in the guise of goodwill for all, and to further an ultimate end, and that end is not one world government. But show me one institution that has not. It was infiltrated to cause strife, decent, chaos, confusion, and mayhem, and to further division amongst the intellectually gifted.

The structure of freemasonry is really all about helping and caring for your "Brothers". You may even go further and say, all men, but the oath is specific. You are taught, trained that certain types of secrecy are not only helpful but also necessary for the society to function. You are instilled that it is your duty to help your brothers regardless of how you might feel about it. And, maintain secrecy. Even if you know the brother asking for help is a bad egg you feel committed to do everything you can.

Its all about stone builders! Its all about the original "Brother" stone builders, and protecting them! Your "Craft" has been mutated into something it was not. How many "Masons" today actually practice the original trade, craft? Yes, its all about hiding the truth concerning how many of our ancient stone edifices, buildings, monuments were constructed, AND BY WHO! That is what it is all about.

All Freemasons are not evil just as all Catholics are not evil, they are just caught in a evil system. And when I say this I say that the institutions may have been instituted by good and honorable men with honorable intentions, but those days are gone.

I would love to get into the "Infiltrating" force or power but, that would ruin the compartmentalization of this thread. in other words, take the thread off topic. My take on Freemasonry is that it is a institution, institutionalized for the sole purpose of protecting "Ancient" brother masons, but was infiltrated by forces that wish nothing more than the end to humanity on this earth.

That's my story, and if the knowledgeable Masons would like to break their oath to secrecy and set me straight,sure, otherwise, I'm sticking to it!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CowabungaPT

You are correct, there are always going to be people with different ideals and agendas than that of any organization they belong to. Quite a few people have been and will be asked to leave the craft on the basis of actions not being morally acceptable or joining under false pretenses.

This reigns true for any organization, corporation or group though.

The only persons I don’t see fitting in for very long would be atheists and luciferians, simply because of the company they would keep during lodge activities. That is unless of course they were out to “gather some greater knowledge to support conspiracy” which wouldn’t be hard to repeat certain things out of context and make them appear different than its original meaning.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Actually, I miss-spoke earlier. An atheist cannot be made a Mason. Although, the atheists I have met on ATS still believe in some deity or pervasive life spirit, so they would qualify I suppose.

Luciferianists would probably be fine, unless they advertised themselves in an inappropriate manner. From what I've learned on ATS of that religion, it is basically equivalent with Christianity, but with a minor character change, LOL!

I could be wrong, but in general, everything they stand for would fit nicely into Masonry, or any other religion, except they believe in the power of mankind, instead of believing in saving grace.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

I respect you view point and can see how a lot of the information could be plausible in certain realms of thinking. I myself have not been privy to anything with my experiences within the lodge that would allow me to fully agree with your debate.

I can honesty say that the principals on which I suffer to maintain throughout my life are not easily compromised. It would be deeply disheartening to find out anything of what you say are truths, actually proved to be. I can also promise you this, and I am sure this goes for most all other members, that if in fact I were to see (with my own eyes) the existence of anything contrary to my current knowledge and understanding of the inner workings of Masonry, that would violate my code of ethics, my commitment and oath would become null and void, as would my membership.

I would be the first one to publicly dissuade any further involvements in any such organization. However, I do not believe this will be the case. If for no other reason than that of my own personal experiences so far. “Oh, but its at a higher level than you” one might say… Hmm, maybe, but how do you justify claiming to know my current level of involvement, or to what end? Don’t think I have seen you in the lodge before… “well its obvious, because you don’t know the truth yet” Hmm, again…It just not plausible.

As stated before, I am no conspiracy theorist, and I only believe half of what I see and none of what I hear. The truth of the matter, whatever your belief on the subject, there is NO “evidence” that supports any such claims only speculation and hearsay. I don’t accept “a leak from the top, received from my brothers sisters cousin in law, or because the bible says…” as credible evidence. And neither would any respectable investigator. So far, only evidence that supports the opposite, or at least from what I’ve SEEN, and that’s what I base my beliefs on.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This is a fascinating discussion. For as much as I believe my Grandfather and other family members who are freemasons are as good and moral as one could possibly believe, I want just as much to believe this about the institution of masonry, for its list of members speaks for itself.

The secrets of Newton, Mozart, Mark Twain. Any name that was uttered in a history book during school was more often than not a freemason (even historical foreign leaders).

I can admit that I can only know so much as an outsider looking in. I am wondering if the kind and generous deniers of ignorance who make this site such a great place to communicate would be kind enough to watch this video. I would love for this information and person who calls himself "William Morgan" to be proven a phony in some substantial way.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I respect you view point and can see how a lot of the information could be plausible in certain realms of thinking. I myself have not been privy to anything with my experiences within the lodge that would allow me to fully agree with your debate.
Thank you for your respect, its not often offered. One difference between the Catholic religion and Masonry is that one has a head, and the other does not. The head of the Catholic faith can, and will be held accountable for the actions of his organization. Freemasonry on the other hand has no system of accountability. In this particular case since all Freemasons claim equality, all Freemasons will have to bare the brunt of any criticisms of the organization.

But, just as with the Catholics not all information is shared with all the Mason members. Since Freemasonry is in essence "compartmentalized" into Lodges, temples, as the same with the Catholic faith is in parishes and churches, not all information is shared laterally. This is how a evil priest can go for years undetected,especially when his actions are covertly accepted from higher authority.

If a Mason has a question concerning any subject, who does he turn to? If a Mason see's another brother doing evil, who does he report to? No checks and balances, only acceptance.

I was a Cub Scout and a Boy Scout, We took an oath. Do I now know all my "Brothers" kept their oath? Do I now know all those brothers went on to be productive, honest citizens in society? We all took the same oath, we all appeared to have the same values and integrity, does that mean I can trust each and every one of them today?

There is no way you can honestly state you know all the other brother masons in this country and all the other ones that they are of the highest moral standards. And before you could even go there, you would have to know each one individually. Tell me you do, and Ill reconsider. And don't try to say you are all brothers of the spirit.
You are a headless organization that does not know what the rest of its body is doing, or who is directing it. You can't.

You will not see the truth of my words in any church or temple, they are not there. All you will find is religious or mystical soap operas, based in hoodwinking and misdirected lies. You are entrapped by your very own mind, and you can not see it. Freemasonry and the Catholic church are not opposed to each other, they are in competition and secretly joined at the hip. They are actually allies who come to each others aid in times of need. The Catholic church does more to corrupt justice openly by allowing known criminals to seek shelter from justice while freemasonry does it in the secrecy of darkness.

" certain realms of thinking"

Yes, not only possible, but very probable. That realm of thinking is one that has freed itself from the Matrix of Lies. It has shed itself of all the class warfare and hatred, racism, goals, bigotry. It is a place where everything can be look at for its own value and not something that "it should be". Its a place where no one tells you, you are wrong because every other mind controlled person says so. It is where thinking can be accomplished without undue harassment by the institutions. Few have found this "Realm".

Please do not take my words as a personal attack against any one person. That is left for the Justice system, when it gets its act together.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

If a Mason has a question concerning any subject, who does he turn to? If a Mason see's another brother doing evil, who does he report to? No checks and balances, only acceptance.

Although it is rarely needed, there is a check and balance. If any Mason is caught doing something morally wrong or illegal, then it can be reported to the Grand Lodge of that state and Masonic Charges will be brought against him, and if the charges are founded, then he will be out of the fraternity.

Usually things are handled in the local Lodge. If someone from my Lodge is doing something immoral or illegal, the members of my Lodge will ask him to resign from the Lodge and from Masonry, and if he refuses, then we would report it to the Grand Lodge for official Masonic Charges.

There is not one "head" just like the US Govt doesn't have one head. There are districts and states, and the people in charge rotate in and out each year by a democratic election process.

ETA:
For questions, you see out your brethren, or your Worshipful Master, of the District Trainer, or any trusted source. We help one another, and we answer to one another.
edit on 30-5-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

There is no truth that Freemasonry had anything to do with the financial crises.

Actually if you actually have read the Bible the verses that cover the "stone the builders rejected" was first in Psalm 118:2 and then reiterated by Peter in the 4th Chapter of the Acts of the Apostles, after Christ had ascended. I would think as a Christian you would know this.

No connection to the Rothschild League of bankers? Really?

The rejection of the stone is mentioned in many places in the New testament.

Matthew 21

Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures: "'The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone; the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes'?

Let's put this into context with the rest of Matthew 21.

21 As they approached Jerusalem and came to Bethphage on the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two disciples, 2 saying to them, “Go to the village ahead of you, and at once you will find a donkey tied there, with her colt by her. Untie them and bring them to me. 3 If anyone says anything to you, say that the Lord needs them, and he will send them right away.”

--Everything belongs to God in the first place. Satan wishes to have such power. God sees all.

4 This took place to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet:

5 “Say to Daughter Zion,
‘See, your king comes to you,
gentle and riding on a donkey,
and on a colt, the foal of a donkey.’”

--Jesus first arrives on the scene as a baby. He rides into the temple on a donkey. His meekness is always displayed for the world as an example of the suffering servant and not the prince to be served.

6 The disciples went and did as Jesus had instructed them. 7 They brought the donkey and the colt and placed their cloaks on them for Jesus to sit on. 8 A very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, while others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road. 9 The crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed shouted,

“Hosanna to the Son of David!”

“Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!”[c]

“Hosanna[d] in the highest heaven!”

--The Bible always foreshadows future events of the next age to come. We are on the event horizon, so these foreshadowings will dictate what to look for when he returns in our day and age.

10 When Jesus entered Jerusalem, the whole city was stirred and asked, “Who is this?”

11 The crowds answered, “This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee.”
Jesus at the Temple

12 Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. 13 “It is written,” he said to them, “‘My house will be called a house of prayer,’[e] but you are making it ‘a den of robbers.’

--Have the Priests, Masons and the Moneychangers made the Earth a den of robbers? Daddy Warbucks sits in shame. Do we see with eyes of understanding by symbols? He is in the temple. His first act is to overturn the tables of the Moneychangers. A financial table is a balance sheet of positive and negative. Have the tables been turned in our day and age? Has Jesus entered the temple courts?

14 The blind and the lame came to him at the temple, and he healed them. 15 But when the chief priests and the teachers of the law saw the wonderful things he did and the children shouting in the temple courts, “Hosanna to the Son of David,” they were indignant.

16 “Do you hear what these children are saying?” they asked him.

“Yes,” replied Jesus, “have you never read,

“‘From the lips of children and infants
you, Lord, have called forth your praise’[g]?”

17 And he left them and went out of the city to Bethany, where he spent the night.

---Jesus comes to minister to the lowly and meek. The youth will turn on the Experts when they see the truth. The old guard will be removed.

Next, Jesus curses the fig tree. The fig tree is Israel. They were not bringing the light to mankind as intended. They rejected Christ. The Experts were condemned for not believing.

Next, Jesus authority was questioned. His response? 25 John’s baptism—where did it come from? Was it from heaven, or of human origin?” In other words, if the Expert could explain Baptism, then Jesus would explain his authority. They could not answer.

Next, he outlines how the simplest of people were entering ahead of the Experts, even prostitutes. He then follows with a reminder of John's job to prepare the way with water baptism.

Next, the parable of the evil tenants of the vineyard (Earth). The owner comes back to find that the tenants killed the Son (Heir).

38 “But when the tenants saw the son, they said to each other, ‘This is the heir. Come, let’s kill him and take his inheritance.’ 39 So they took him and threw him out of the vineyard and killed him.

40 “Therefore, when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those tenants?”

41 “He will bring those wretches to a wretched end,” they replied, “and he will rent the vineyard to other tenants, who will give him his share of the crop at harvest time.”

42 Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures:

“‘The stone the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone;
the Lord has done this,
and it is marvelous in our eyes’[h]?

43 “Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit. 44 Anyone who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; anyone on whom it falls will be crushed.

--He was speaking to the Experts (False Priests) and referred to the Moneychangers and the Masons. We see the same groups today killing the earth and mankind in war for profit.

edit on 30-5-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove
This is a fascinating discussion. For as much as I believe my Grandfather and other family members who are freemasons are as good and moral as one could possibly believe, I want just as much to believe this about the institution of masonry, for its list of members speaks for itself.

The secrets of Newton, Mozart, Mark Twain. Any name that was uttered in a history book during school was more often than not a freemason (even historical foreign leaders).

I can admit that I can only know so much as an outsider looking in. I am wondering if the kind and generous deniers of ignorance who make this site such a great place to communicate would be kind enough to watch this video. I would love for this information and person who calls himself "William Morgan" to be proven a phony in some substantial way.

Very good video. I have spoken with a retired 33rd Degree Mason myself on these issues. I have several friends who are Masons that can verify many of the things said in the video. My father was a Mason until they asked him to do something that was not Christian. He walked away and was promptly not hired back to his job. He moved on and taught in a different town for the rest of his decorated career in education.

Great video.

edit on 30-5-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Although it is rarely needed, there is a check and balance. If any Mason is caught doing something morally wrong or illegal, then it can be reported to the Grand Lodge of that state and Masonic Charges will be brought against him, and if the charges are founded, then he will be out of the fraternity.

Usually things are handled in the local Lodge. If someone from my Lodge is doing something immoral or illegal, the members of my Lodge will ask him to resign from the Lodge and from Masonry, and if he refuses, then we would report it to the Grand Lodge for official Masonic Charges.

There is not one "head" just like the US Govt doesn't have one head. There are districts and states, and the people in charge rotate in and out each year by a democratic election process.
Do you feel these checks and balance are sufficient? Do you ever turn a brother over to law enforcement? How do you handle corruption within Masonry that crosses a countries boundaries?

You seem to parallel FM with a government, is that how you see it? Is FM a secret government? No, I'm not trying to twist your words.

FM is quick to identify with the person who makes it big, the well known Masons, but are not as quick to claim the criminals. It is apparent that FM does not make the man, the man makes FM. When you initiate Christians, you will have Christian values, when you initiate a Muslim, you will have Muslim values. Then I ask you, when you initiate a Satanist, what values are you left with? The US Military is finding this out only now with all the sadistic uncalled for murder going on. Your organization, as I said, is not the only one being infiltrated and destroyed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join