It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My take on Masonry

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Carpentry is a Craft, too. Does that mean its Satanic?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

Carpentry is a Craft, too. Does that mean its Satanic?

A craft is a work of a man's hands. A work cannot get you to heaven. Witchcraft is works of the spirit to accomplish the same mental alchemy. We are saved by faith alone. God desires mercy and not sacrifice. The great work of mankind is what he does for others and not what he boasts he had done for himself. It's never about what we have done, but what has been done for us. The work is God's to build the temple. We are his temple. Faith is what God builds in us and not of our own works lest any man should boast. It is the free gift of God to all men, not merely the ones who pledge private associations with other men in secret.

We are in this mess because of Moneychangers backing the Masons. We are in this mess today because of wars fought to finance Daddy Warbucks. The Jesuits are simply the second chapter of the same book.

The first act of Jesus, when entering the temple courts on passover, was to turn the benches of those selling peace (Doves) and the tables of the moneychangers. What is a financial table? What is a bench, if not for rest. The peacemakers are not at rest and the tables have been turned to debt. If the tables have been turned, who is in the temple today? The Experts of the Law are those who use law against law for person gain.

There were two thieves on the cross. One cursed Christ and the other repented. Judgment is coming and it starts at the door of believers. Water puts out fire. Water is gained at baptism in the spirit before the fire comes. Water puts out fire. Baptism is the immersion of the soul into the water of reality. The root meaning is then expressed by our baptism symbol in the church. A Mason should recognize symbolism.

What did John the Baptist say to the Experts?

Matthew 3

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? 8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. 9 And do not think you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 10 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

11 “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

As Masons, the symbolism should be seen clearly. Come out of Egypt to reach the promised land. Can it get any clearer?

edit on 29-5-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Except there is no deception being conducted by the Masons. As a Christian I find nothing contradictory to my faith. By using deceitful tactics, you are dishonoring truth. I stand by facts and your malice cannot change that.

Well, I'm not a member of any rosicrucian society, I cannot confirm what you say, but nowhere in Masonry do we "light two candles at the sanctum altar".

I'm pretty sure that this video has already been discussed at length. The similarities are inconsequential and if I remember right, the one guy who started that sect of witchcraft took it (stole it) from Masonry

The Bible also warns me of wolfs in sheep's clothing...

You've dedicated your life to studying all of this and this is the best you got?

Actually I wouldn't and can't consider Crowley to be a Mason so his words are irrelevant in regards to Masonry.

Prayer and a personal relationship with God is a free gift of God for all men. No private associations are necessary. It's a lie.

Freemasonry does nothing to destroy the relationship with God.

Can a man that swears oaths to a worshipful master mason be honoring God and Christ?

We don't swear oaths to a Worshipful Master. If you'd actually ever studied about Freemasonry then you'd know this is wrong.

It's a Craft. God is faith and love and hope.

And nothing in Freemasonry takes away or denies this.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Symbols are open to interpretation by all. To Masons our symbols mean, in most cases, something entirely different than what people outside the Order say they mean. That's the beauty of communicating with symbols, to you they mean one thing, to me they mean another. This is true of nearly all religions and is true of Masonry. And before you pull out the " that's because Freemasonry is a false religion " garbage, remember that our Fraternity is one that encourages spiritual growth. As such the parallels to religions should be apparent, even to the ' non initiated'.

The same can be said of scripture, too.... Using it to fit your personal agenda kind of goes against the whole purpose of that particular Book.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

Except there is no deception being conducted by the Masons. As a Christian I find nothing contradictory to my faith. By using deceitful tactics, you are dishonoring truth. I stand by facts and your malice cannot change that.

Well, I'm not a member of any rosicrucian society, I cannot confirm what you say, but nowhere in Masonry do we "light two candles at the sanctum altar".

I'm pretty sure that this video has already been discussed at length. The similarities are inconsequential and if I remember right, the one guy who started that sect of witchcraft took it (stole it) from Masonry

The Bible also warns me of wolfs in sheep's clothing...

You've dedicated your life to studying all of this and this is the best you got?

Actually I wouldn't and can't consider Crowley to be a Mason so his words are irrelevant in regards to Masonry.

Prayer and a personal relationship with God is a free gift of God for all men. No private associations are necessary. It's a lie.

Freemasonry does nothing to destroy the relationship with God.

Can a man that swears oaths to a worshipful master mason be honoring God and Christ?

We don't swear oaths to a Worshipful Master. If you'd actually ever studied about Freemasonry then you'd know this is wrong.

It's a Craft. God is faith and love and hope.

And nothing in Freemasonry takes away or denies this.

My hope for you is that you are correct. When Washington was doing his part to found this nation, the Freemasons were coming to start their own branch, away from the Jesuits order and to be free of Rome. They were clinging to the brotherhood, but retaining the ritual they held as true. Did they reject Christ? Some did. Jefferson was a Deist. I believe that a Freemason can be a true Christian. My points here are not to deny that Christian faith can be present among those who are seeking truth, even if the process is taking steps in the wrong directions. We are all in this confused ship together. Faith demands that we separate the darkness from the light. I am merely trying to help you see what is dark over your shoulder. Jesus was very clear about the three groups that would corrupt the world. Apart from Jesus own words, as mirrored in Psalm 118, I would not be here saying a word. I was almost duped into this same mindset by Theosophy.

When Josephus mentioned the builders in his works, he was referring to those who were builders and then called them masons as well. Jesus would have referred to the builders as the same brotherhood as the builders of Jerusalem and Egypt. It's always been a brotherhood. For Jesus to then mirror David's words is important. Jesus never wasted words. He and David agree on the fact that the builders reject the cornerstone of faith. What is the cornerstone of faith? Why did Jesus condemn the Moneychangers, Builders and the False Priests? Can we connect the same three to the war crimes and corporate greed of the day, along with corruption in high places? Of course we can.

Many people have written books on the history and the books all say there are orders of Masonry that run the world behind the scenes, along with the bankers and the leaders of Rome. There is no mistaking the connections and Jesus mentioned it as a warning for anyone who joins the ranks of those who make it their great work to build a new world apart from God.

Why do we find fraternal orders in colleges calling themselves fraternities? It's a grooming process.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Carpentry is a craft and Christ was a carpenter. There is nothing wrong with a craft.

We are saved by faith alone.

Work along with faith is required to get into heaven...according to the Bible at least.

James 2:17 - "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone."

I guess you missed that verse.

Judgment is coming and it starts at the door of believers.

But that duty is not for you. I'm a Christian and no man is going to tell me otherwise.

Water puts out fire.

What if its a chemical or electrical fire? I wouldn't use water...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Symbols are open to interpretation by all. To Masons our symbols mean, in most cases, something entirely different than what people outside the Order say they mean. That's the beauty of communicating with symbols, to you they mean one thing, to me they mean another. This is true of nearly all religions and is true of Masonry. And before you pull out the " that's because Freemasonry is a false religion " garbage, remember that our Fraternity is one that encourages spiritual growth. As such the parallels to religions should be apparent, even to the ' non initiated'.

The same can be said of scripture, too.... Using it to fit your personal agenda kind of goes against the whole purpose of that particular Book.

Hillel was a Rabbi that coined the Hermetic rules for locking truth in symbol. Hermes was Enoch. The Seven Rules are used to rightly divide truth. Symbols have a root meaning, just like the root of a word. The root then has added meaning by association to the branches of symbols that follow. It's a language and the morphology is the same. To suggest that symbols are not specific to their root is not accurate.

Seven Rules of Hillel

You're not going to NLP me on this point. To know truth and share truth, we must all think for the other person in the manner in which they should be thinking for themselves. It's easy to dupe someone who is not aware of your map of the territory. This is not the case with me. I know your map.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I want my ignore button back.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

Carpentry is a craft and Christ was a carpenter. There is nothing wrong with a craft.

We are saved by faith alone.

Work along with faith is required to get into heaven...according to the Bible at least.

James 2:17 - "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone."

I guess you missed that verse.

Judgment is coming and it starts at the door of believers.

But that duty is not for you. I'm a Christian and no man is going to tell me otherwise.

Water puts out fire.

What if its a chemical or electrical fire? I wouldn't use water...

James 2:18

But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.

It's quite accurate to say that faith without works is dead. This is because true works of repentance require faith. Before Abraham could build the nation with Issac, he was asked to kill Issac. At the very moment of the act, he was stopped by God. God did not intend for him to give up what he loved. God did not want the sacrifice. God wanted the faith. In turn, God showed the mercy and gave Abraham what he truly desired.

As for the water, it's a symbol of baptism. Jesus said, "You must be born again." Elijah is pictured as being in control of the water in 1 Kings 17. He is then pictured taking the widow woman's dead son up stairs, reviving his soul, then taking him back down again to the mother alive. What is this a symbol for? Baptism. Elijah controls the water. He also controls baptism. In Matthew, Elijah is the one crying in the wilderness, "REPENT!." Jesus said he was Elijah. Jesus said, "You must be born again." When the Experts came to the water to be baptized in Matthew 3, they were refused by John until they repented. Is it making sense? There is an article linked in my signature. Since I am not a Mason, I cannot link directly to my blog in my signature. You'll be required to search the articles for the appropriate title form a 3rd party site. I was banned on Valentine's Day (Martyrs Day) as SuperiorEd. Read my last two Threads. LINK

The article in my signature is Water and Spirit Baptism.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I'll leave you to your thread on my last comment. As always, it's a joy. I am not here to condemn you, only show you what is revealed in the Word of God on the subject. My hope is that you all see the truth and the truth sets you free from the lie.

Get out of Egypt. God is found in the Name of His Son only.

God is love.

A Post you should read. LINK Know them by their fruit.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Again though, "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone." This verse is very clear.

I realize that water is a symbol of baptism. I guess mockery is lost on you.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

There are like a million masons browsing and posting here and there's one guy in here who has some very good points yet begs to differ. Why resort to "mockery" and other such things? Where is this tolerance that I have been hearing so much about?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

Well, when tolerance and patience doesn't work, mockery is sometimes needed.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
My hope is that you all see the truth and the truth sets you free from the lie.

and my hope is that one day, you find the real truth. The one the actual members of the group know. Oh, and that you stop using Bible quotes to do your speaking for you.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove
... and there's one guy in here who has some very good points yet begs to differ.

I agree, I love when people constantly quote the Bible too when they are trying to prove a point.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I'll leave you to your thread on my last comment. As always, it's a joy. I am not here to condemn you, only show you what is revealed in the Word of God on the subject. My hope is that you all see the truth and the truth sets you free from the lie.

Get out of Egypt. God is found in the Name of His Son only.

God is love.

A Post you should read. LINK Know them by their fruit.

What I don't understand is why people believe a Christian Faith should trump everything else? Masonry is not a religion, and it is non-denominational in its practice. So, why would someone's bible quotes and Christian fundamentals be relevant to a thread on Masonry? Masonry is not a path to heaven, it is a path to being a good person here.

I wonder if people like Enoch are going down to the Golds Gym and telling people that exercise will not get them into heaven, they must repent and accept Christ? I wonder if he is going to the Chamber of Commerce meetings and telling them they are following the wrong path? How about the Bridge Club at the Senior Center? I mean, is it his mission in life to go to every group or gathering that is not a fundamentalist Christian gathering and telling them they are doing everything wrong? It just makes no sense. I coach my kid's t-ball team, we have a hierarchy, structure, uniforms, secret symbols, why is Enoch not down there protesting and telling them t-ball won't get them into heaven?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Washington I believe it was, warned about the Illuminati, so I believe the founding of our country was before the Illuminati infiltration we've all heard so much about. However it seems like our country has taken a different path than what we started on. Hey, I have no doubt that you and your brothers are all great men whom we should all be proud of and take note from, but all I'm saying is, don't think that your particular organization is immune to infiltration by those dedicated and clever enough. Like you said, lots of great, famous, and powerful masons, in such a vast and widespread organization that even declares the moon for designation in a lodge.. and yet, the world seems to be at the brink of total collapse... I don't want to blame the masons for all of our problems of course! But sometimes it just seems like "making wealthy people wealthier"... All those good men, all that power, all those connections...US presidents and all. Where is it all going? It just makes me shudder to think where we would be without all these masons. Looking at the world today, we would surely be extinct or close to it were it not for the masons. Well anyway, I'm glad things seem to be going so well for You. Don't let the plight of others stop you from amassing power and wealth and prosperity. I am greatly thankful for the founding of this country, but like I said, its that illuminati influence that crept inside SOME lodges that seems to have us turned around. So when I say these things that may offend you, I am really speaking of the Illuminati and not the Masons. Although it is interesting to note the quotes in the Bible where Jesus is quite displeased with the "builders". That was a long time ago and so maybe the "builders" of today are different? Unfortanately we can't say the same for the money changers, pharisees and saducees... The builders could've gotten lucky, I suppose. Many masons are Christian, I wonder how they handle this tidbit of words spoken by Jesus. Best of wishes to you all! And thank you to everyone for openly sharing their thoughts in a civil manner without being offended at each others thoughts. Well, the op, a Mason full of integrity DID kind of call one member blind for disagreeing, but, we are all adults here, so I'm sure we can let that one slide, can't we? Maybe he's just one of those "bad eggs"...? I'm just giving you a hard time brother. I'm actually a mason, and this post was a test. You will be quizzed at the next lodge meeting to see if you will be honest about how you reacted inside, emotionally, as you read it. Ok, actually I'm not a mason, yet, but I just wanted to end my post with a lighthearted, brotherly sock in the shoulder from one guy to another. I'm just here to push people to their limits. If they can handle it like a gentleman, then that will be a testament to their resolve. You can thank me later, when you reach 33rd degree level. Have your computer experts find my identity and track me down. You can just take me to El Goucho's where we will converse as true gentleman, and none of these tests or formalities will be necessary. I assure you that you will reach this degree. You still have a lot to learn, but I have seen your type in the past. Remember I've been doing this a long time. And yes, by that I mean exactly what you suspect... scratching my ass and pretending to be a somebody on the internet. It's in my mission statement somewhere. Cheers to all and thanks again.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I don't mind the Bible quoting. I just wish the verses were relevant and in context with the subject. I hate, yes hate, those who try to use God to justify their bigotry.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

My hope is that you all see the truth and the truth sets you free from the lie.

and my hope is that one day, you find the real truth. The one the actual members of the group know. Oh, and that you stop using Bible quotes to do your speaking for you.

Only one gate. The Shepherd must lead us in and we must hear his voice. Hopefully, we both hear his voice.

John 10

10 “Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2 The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5 But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.” 6 Jesus used this figure of speech, but the Pharisees did not understand what he was telling them.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Again...... so what?

This isn't a thread about how to get to heaven. Masonry is not about how to get to heaven. There are some very good Christian Masons, and I don't want to offend any of them, but I do not identify myself as a Christian, and I do not believe there is only one gate and one shephard. I have seen a stampede, and there is no need for a gate or a shephard at all. It just takes a good clap of thunder, or a shot from a shotgun, and the whole fence comes down, LOL!

What does all of your religious spewing have to do with Masonry?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join