It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My take on Masonry

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
After reading over a lot of the threads and posts in the “Secret Societies” section it motivated me to speak my peace and give my two cents, for whatever that’s worth.

First of all, its important to say that I am at least a fourth generation Freemason. As a young child there were few people who inspired me like my father and grandfather, who both were extremely honorable men and devout Christians. One of my most vivid memories from back then was the strange emblem on my grandfather’s ring, and the similar one worn on my fathers. I had no real understanding of it was or what it stood for, but I always knew that I wanted one day to wear it also. Always assumed it was a family ring, which in a way it was, or is.

As the years pasted and my understanding of Masonry became more familiar, I too asked, took my place in the center of the lodge and was made a Mason. A decision that I have never since questioned or regretted. I can honestly say that people that I now call brothers have been among the most honorable men I have met to date. And if there were a super secret upper hierarchy of upper level Masons that for some reason 32nd degree and down were not privy to, they would have had to come from pool of people to my left and my right. That alone is comfort enough for me. I have been mentored by a 33 degree Mason and have been mentored by numerous 32nd degree Masons, and have never once seen any shred of anything but nobility.

There is a lot of people who don’t understand Freemasonry and who don’t care to, whos only goal is to root out the “evil doings” of Freemasons. People with whom, even if they were to experience the great lights themselves, still would not see, in which case it’s pointless to argue colors to a blind man. So I only ask them this….

Do you feel the founding principals on which the United States were founded (freedom of religion, freedom of speech, right to bear arms, ect) are satanic or demonic in nature? Wasn’t the United States and its founding principals established by persons fleeing tyranny, weren’t most of these people Freemasons (George Washington, Ben Franklin, Paul Revere, Jon Hancock. John Adams, Sam Adams ect), were these patriot Christian also secretly Satanists? Not likely, sorry.

The list of famous Freemasons are not secret, a quick search on Google and you can find anyone of them…. Are these men also demonic in nature?…

John Wayne, Buzz Aldran, Roy Rogers, Davy Crockett, William Travis, Sam Houston, Jim Bowie, not to mention many of our stronger presidents. The names are too numerous to list in one post, but you get the idea. Do these men give you an eerie dark feeling when you hear their names? Didn’t think so. These are just the famous examples, the Masonic lodge if full of this caliber of people.

Granted, every lodge may have one or two that some feel are less worthy of being called a brother, but that’s no different than any other group, organization, business or sports team. The old “bad egg in every bunch” example.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
My grandfather was a Mason, and he was also a military vet and a Christian.

The lunatic fringe that runs around here looking for a conspiracy under every rock makes them out to be something they aren't.

You'll never get them to look past their own insanity and see the benign truth.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I have been interested for some time, as it stands I have no clue weather or not I have any family that has gone that route. Having family from the founding of Canada, I'm sure someone would have been.

Yet I was a business services sales person some time back, and came across a local lodge and took up conversation with the gate keeper I guess, him being the first person I came in contact with. Tried my sales pitch for the product I was hawking to no avail.

But from there my sales job was done and he took over asking questions, like if I knew where I was, and what this place has too do with. All of which I was unsure of considering, besides here and, the internet itself is all the knowledge I have of Masonry.

But we had a quite long and interesting convo, about the way it works, who can be a part, and what it entails.

I was even further interested after the talk was done, From looking at pictures on the wall of the lodge there were many people of elevated stature amongst our local business men, politics, and just over all philanthropy of my local area.

I am yet to return to talk to the person, due to the fact that as I took it you have to condition yourself almost, have to be ready to accept an entirely different lifestyle, and act according to the guidelines set forth. And at this point in my life (30 yr old working stiff) it just seems like I don't embolden the qualities that are needed at this point. Maybe in the future when schools done, work is where I want it to be, then maybe I stop bye take that step but for now, I just look on with admiration.

SaneThinking

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

There is a lot of people who don’t understand Freemasonry and who don’t care to, whos only goal is to root out the “evil doings” of Freemasons. People with whom, even if they were to experience the great lights themselves, still would not see, in which case it’s pointless to argue colors to a blind man. So I only ask them this….
reply to post by JBpage76

Exactly!

Thank you!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SaneThinking

You don't have to condition yourself in any way. You just need the desire to learn and experience what Masonry has to offer. One of our mottos is "Making good men better." If you are a working stiff as you claim, and a morally upright person, then you are already perfectly conditioned to become a Mason. There is no lifestyle change. There is a little bit of time commitment during that first year, because you will need to attend degrees and study catechisms, but if you are still in sales, those times serve double-duty as networking.

Go back to the Lodge and ask for an application. You won't regret it. Just as the OP says, Masons are kind, endearing, mentoring, and honorable. Even if you meet someone in Lodge you don't like, you can at least rest assured they have a similar moral fortitude to your own, and you can assume you are meeting them on equal ground.

I can't imagine someone joining Masonry for the right reasons and then regretting it. The only regrets I've ever heard came from people expecting satanic rituals and hidden treasures.
Oh well, so sorry to disappoint.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
One question that anti-masons should ask themselves is "What is the source of the values that this country was founded upon?"

Not from the Pilgrims for sure. Pilgrims are known for their many savage qualities. Pilgrims would often maim or beat to each other to death during arguments. Prisoners were often trepanned and worked to death. Women were treated as property, and men were encouraged to beat them to "keep the peace" in the home.

Until the sobering influence of the philosophy of the Freemasons, Rosicrucians and the Iroquois, "Americans" had a savage and brutal culture.

That is the key word here: CULTURE. The Freemasons, Rosicrucians and the Iroquois brought a much more compassionate culture to the fledgeling America.

It is really too bad that the influence of these concerned parties is not enough to encourage people to stop oppressing, imprisoning and taking advantage of each other.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I don't ask you to believe me on this, I just present the information. Jesus condemned the Builders (masons), the moneychangers (Bankers) and the false High Priests (Jesuits). This is the only sentence you need to run from the Masons. Below are two videos that outline the history. The next sentence will tell you why you don't know this information. You belong to a brotherhood of Freemasonry that is not Illuminized. The lower level lodges are merely a grooming ground for seeking candidates for the upper levels. Compartmentalization is a method of getting work done with the right hand so that the left hand doesn't know what is going on. What Masons are today is not nearly as important as what they were. There are many lodges, but the concept of what is taught in the lodge is based on theurgy and ritual magic. We all have family connections to the craft. My father was a Mason until he figured out what it was all about. He then ran for the door. The lodges are ranked in an order up the chain. The lower lodges are not the same as the upper lodges. Most Masons have no idea of what it means to be part of an illuminized lodge.

One more thing to remember: The lodges are forged for the effort of building the temple of mankind on earth. The temple is capped by the efforts of those men. What you will see through history is this effort to do good works by the hands and minds of men. What we cannot miss in this is that men leading themselves will always lead to what we have today--tyranny. The end of the great work only leads to tyranny on a grand scale. The complete outline of the Bible is the story of why this is the path to destruction. Christ is the Capstone and God is the authority. Anything less is what we have today as a result of the great work. In the eyes of mankind, the Jesuits, the bankers and the Masons, this looks like good works. In the end, it is destruction.

Video one should be watched starting at 11:25:

edit on 29-5-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

The lower level lodges are merely a grooming ground for seeking candidates for the upper levels.

And what about those who are upper levels? What do you say to them? Are they not "upper" enough?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Interesting information, only there are a few minor issues with this theory… Wasn’t Jesus a “builder” himself (often translated as carpenter or stoneworker)?

This upper hierarchy would have to pool it candidates from somewhere, which would obviously be the “lower lodge” members, as you put it. I am very familiar with these members, and if they were deemed worthy of admission into this “super secret ring of Masons” which periodically they would have to do in order to keep said ring operational, I would have few if any concerns, knowing that their nobility will continue to govern their lives.

Unless of course you are referring to an Illuminated brainwash of these, candidates, some sort of information or event so dramatic that it will make them turn on their core beliefs with the sip of magic blood from a golden cup!

Sorry, but it makes no sense in reality and would not work, plus the principal behind the theory makes no sense knowing what I know of Masonry. It makes for very entertaining movies and books but not very credible for the real world Masons, Colors to a blind man…

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Yours and others have done much to assuage my theories regarding masonry, OP. I am starting to see that a few become masons with ulterior motives (I was just reading about how the vatican used to send people as spies into lodges) or are just "bad eggs" as you say.

I've read much on the topic of the right and left hand path and while there are numerous masons who have adhered to true light, some are led astry and bite the bitter apple of the left hand path. But this is indeed no different than any part of society. I was raised a Christian so perhaps a few of you will forgive my intolerant outbursts against the dark path. This is something that I am learning just "is". As above, so below. As the earth has poles, so will the higher realms.

There aren't black masses or ritual sacrifices performed at the lodge. These ceremonies have their own places where people will gather. I guess what I'm also starting to see is that there aren't a whole lot of sacrifices or anything going on either...a lot of what I've encountered on the internet (as you guys are well aware of) is basically fear propaganda. Sifting through a pile of propaganda is bound to leave people absolutely confused and they might have some startlingly silly ideas because of it.

I know I have been guilty of this but I just hope you guys will see me and others like me as people with as much interest in all these subjects as yourselves but have not had the guidance to point them in the right direction. I literally don't know a single person in my life who has even heard of the freemasons much less would care about anything to do with the esoteric or the mysteries of religion.

I was fortunate enough to have been exposed to Edgar Cayce at a very young age, so you can imagine how astonished I was the first time I read something by Manly Hall where he talks about Atlantis and the origin of the mysteries. I was like "hey, I know that".

There is also a TON of fear mongering about Gnosticism but I do agree that history strongly suggests that not only was Paul an adept of the mysteries, but Jesus as well. If you look at it like turning water to wine was an application (or allegory) of alchemy and the fact that he was "taken to Egypt" for initiation and later "raised".

I also like the quote about how masonry "makes good men better" because that would mean that those who are not good will not receive any benefit.

edit on 29-5-2012 by protocolsoflove because: typo

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

I just want to thank you (protocolsoflove) for your no-bias and honest post! I think that it is one of the best written ones from a non-lodge member that I’ve read. Your contribution to this thread and willingness to understand our craft is much appreciated. I respectfully applaud you and wish you all the answers you seek!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

The lower level lodges are merely a grooming ground for seeking candidates for the upper levels.

And what about those who are upper levels? What do you say to them? Are they not "upper" enough?

The battle that has raged on this Earth for control has been in a triangle between the Bankers (Zionists), Freemasons (Builders) and the False Priests (Peter / Jesuits). Nothing has changed over the history since Christ. Track history and these three have been at the heart of the war for control of mankind. The difference today? They are starting to merge into the beast that dominates the entire globe together as one power. It's really not that hard to see.

Couple this with the fact that the men being used spiritually have willingly asked for the possession of their spirit. Free will dictates that a spirit must gain entrance to the soul by the will of the body it possesses. Theurgy and ritual magic ensure that the possession is done by the will of the person (So mote it be and all). The men themselves have no clue why their destinies move the nations toward tyranny. Enoch spoke of who these beings are that have the spiritual power to possess a person's spirit. They are called the fallen watchers. When Noah stepped off the arc, he said this to his sons.

Book of Jubilees

And the Lord destroyed everything from off the face of the earth; because of the wickedness of their deeds, and because of the blood which they had shed in the midst of the earth 26 He destroyed everything. 'And we were left, I and you, my sons, and everything that entered with us into the ark, and behold I see your works before me that ye do not walk in righteousness: for in the path of destruction ye have begun to walk, and ye are parting one from another, and are envious one of another, and (so it comes) that ye are not in harmony, my sons, each with his brother. 27 For I see, and behold the demons have begun (their) seductions against you and against your children and now I fear on your behalf, that after my death ye will shed the blood of men upon the earth, 28 and that ye, too, will be destroyed from the face of the earth.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Quick question do you have to believe in "GOD" so to speak or for that fact religion, as part of Masonry cause as interested as I am.

I do not for one bit believe in the modern day theorys of religion or God, have done plenty of reading that makes the whole premise to me fully unbelievable. Would that be a serious stumbling point in moving forward???

SaneThinking

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

You have to profess a belief in a higher being (creator), a grand architect of the universe if you will. No one specific god or religion.

The only stumbling block for you, from what you have said, I can see is that most lodge members stateside will be Christians.

Brothers?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

My main issue with god is most of my family is Jehovahs witnesses a religion that I just don't and can't take seriously. Have had many conversations with friends of the same faith, about what I believe.

And what I believe is that we are here, we live to the best of our ability with what we have. Thats my purpose so to speak, I only stumble in my logic when I think about why we think, feel, have senses 5 we know of some we don't. That to me leads me to think there may be more too it, but not so much as believe.

You get what I mean not atheist so to speak like fully discount "GOD" but at the same time, to me it just seems far fetched and reaching. More a tool to form union (religion) then the facts of our history.

SaneThinking

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I don't think you answered my question. I specifically asked what about the Masons among us who are not lower level?

You said this...

The next sentence will tell you why you don't know this information. You belong to a brotherhood of Freemasonry that is not Illuminized. The lower level lodges are merely a grooming ground for seeking candidates for the upper levels. Compartmentalization is a method of getting work done with the right hand so that the left hand doesn't know what is going on.

So, I have personal friends that are past Grand Masters, and I visit Lodges that routinely put Grand Masters through the chairs, and I am very close to several 33rd Degree Scottish Rite Masons, and right here on ATS we have Grand York Rite Commanders. SO, what about them? They have reached the pinnacle of Masonry, and they are as respected as a Mason can ever be. Are they still uninformed and not illuminized?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I am no authority on religion. What I can tell you is that I was raised Roman Catholic, bounced around other denominations for a few years and have since grown to not trust most of the ideas behind an “Organized religion”. Once you trace the origins of most all of them, they all seem have the same goal, power and control. I could be way off base in saying that, but its just how I feel.

I do attend a local nondenominational church, but mostly for my family’s sake. I have no doubt that there is a higher power that we cannot possibility hope to comprehend. I believe that a man is to lead a just and morally upright life, to be an example to his family and peers, and give thanks to higher power. All any of us can do is live life the best way we can and hope that in the end, we are at least not that far off.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I love how you think you're more clever and informed than us actual members. You try to demean us as "lower Masons" incapable of knowing anything, but elevate yourself as a Masonic expert as a non-member. Wouldn't logic lead us to believe that a non-member would know less than actual members?

I do appreciate your self righteous arrogance though.

I find your attempt to use God to justify your prejudice and hate sickening. Your verse is a metaphor, he wasn't talking about actual builders, but the people who rejected Christ.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

I love how you think you're more clever and informed than us actual members. You try to demean us as "lower Masons" incapable of knowing anything, but elevate yourself as a Masonic expert as a non-member. Wouldn't logic lead us to believe that a non-member would know less than actual members?

I do appreciate your self righteous arrogance though.

I find your attempt to use God to justify your prejudice and hate sickening. Your verse is a metaphor, he wasn't talking about actual builders, but the people who rejected Christ.

Not prejudice. When I see a Christian brother being deceived, it's my duty to honor the truth. As I view your blog linked in your signature, I can't help but notice that you are mentioning the Rosicrucian Order. Like the Masons, the Rosicrucian Order asks the following of their Neophyte: Enter the Sanctum, light two candles at their sanctum altar, place their hands on their knees and then recite an invocation while meditating on the daily monograph of doctrine:

“May this period of study and meditation place me in harmony with the
Cosmic and with all my fratres and sorores on the entire surface of Earth. May
it also make me receptive to the lessons and inspirations of the present hour. So
Mote It Be!”

What you are being modified to receive is false spiritual influence. Fallen beings are real and they are principalities and powers against God. The Bible is ripe with warnings against this type of paganism and doctrines of demons.

The initiate is then asked to meditate on a sequenced list of monographs that slowly indoctrinate the mind into false, but subtle, counterfeit truth. The only way to deceive the mind is with a type of neuro-linguistic programming that slowly takes the truth from you and twists it in a mirror.

I have studied Freemasonry, Theosophy, Alchemy, Theurgy and the rest. My life has been devoted to taking this symbolism and unwinding it back to the truth it mirrors. You are being deceived. The best way to counterfeit truth is to take it at its reflecting point and then twist. Here is a good example from a brother mason and Theosophist.

Aliester Crowley (Freemason) said, ""Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"

Jesus said, "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matt 7:12

Before I really understood the difference between true faith and this counterfeit, I had to study it deeply. It's hard to spot at first until you start to look at the characters who practice this stuff. It's important to know people by their fruit and it's very difficult to see if you are not tuned to the root truth in the Bible. The fruit I speak of is giving and taking. The reflection in the mirror is seen clearly above with Crowley's comments. Follow the rituals in Freemasonry and the Rosicrucian Order and you will see theosophy. Follow this straight to the likes of Crowley and Blavatsky.

The deception is still the same from Satan today as it was in the Garden. He told Eve, you can be like God. You can be a God. Satan uses man as a proxy and mirrors God with a twist of darkness. The only way to deceive is to use truth first. The twisting comes in the implications drawn with the monographs you are asked to study. I caught this immediately when I read through Morals and Dogma for the third time.

I have read the Rosicrucian monographs. I know what they say. The same ritual magic and pagan mystery school doctrine promises that we can work our way to God. Works are not a way to God. Faith brings us to God and works are the byproduct of faith. Prayer and a personal relationship with God is a free gift of God for all men. No private associations are necessary. It's the same lie to man as in the Garden.

Technology is the fruit of knowledge and the endgame for Satan is to be like God through mankind. We are the proxy if we allow it. The good news is this: We can walk away and serve God alone. It's a personal relationship with God as the teacher and High Priest. No men in the middle are necessary. Can a man that swears oaths to a worshipful master mason be honoring God and Christ? It's a Craft. God is faith and love and hope.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Great thread JB! It's always refreshing to see a thread try and bring everyone back to that little thing called reality.

It's fair to assume that most Masons in the States are Christians. But in my home Lodge even though it was mostly Christians there was a variety of others present also. It's important to remember that the only question you will ever be asked in masonry is do you believe in God ( a higher power ). Your personal faith is never questioned.

I'm not Christian but was Raised in a lodge that had a lot of Christian members. We always meet and part in harmony.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join