It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists to dive for Baltic Sea "UFO"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Cases like this should be resolved by a community pot. Everyone puts money in and whoever guesses what it is, or what they say it is, gets to keep the money. Or bitcoins.

I'll lay it on the line. Its space ship.... from space.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
They can't have it. It belongs to Elvis.

Really, though, the objects will be gone when they start looking. Da Gubbmint done got 'em.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BraneDamige

To bad it doesnt have a hole in the middle, like the "donut" ships or a notched out area like the tether ones

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I am so ready for this to be something mind blowingly interesting. A one of a kind find of a lifetime. Not just another pile of rocks, or an odd shaped trench. I want a full blown, out of this world mega find. Something that makes the whole world stop, and take a deep breath.

Des

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I am one of the ones that are hoping it is also but at the same time I am doubtful that, if it is something "out of this world" theyd just cover it up and wed be given the normal song and dance, ie geological formation.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
we have many threads on this Ats Search

Now why does the article assume its a ufo?I havent followed this story closely.

By reading the article i think its more a ship than antyhing else.To be honest when i saw the top secret classification the first thing that came to mind was german submarine

Looking forward to any updates on this.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
it`s much too big to be a ship, it looks a rock formation, but not a natural formation. If I remember correctly the original story said it was 300 meters wide.
edit on 30-5-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
In the words of Han Solo, "Thats no Moon". It looks like the Empire has started new constuction of an Under Water Death Star.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Even on this image it looks like rocks

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I've seen this but this is either natural formation or a sunken part/block/stone of an ancient city, no not Atlantis.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
The echo lines on the image make the object hard to make out but going by the raised and lowered area's of the circular looking object I think it looks more like a rocky area of the ocean floor.

It just happens that the area above the sediment is raised enough to appear like a circle. The top of the object does not look flat or like a disc though..

I hope they don't waste a lot of money doing the dive... It could have been better spent on more important things.

Also now that this has been made public, if there was anything interesting at the location it will be gone by the time the divers get there...

The military has a larger budget or much more resources.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Where are the "drag marks"?

I don't see it in the image...

Alos I find it kind of ironic that many people on this site are now saying anything Fox news has to say is credible... one minute people think they are full of it and now people are saying this story is interesting??

I guess it's just selective critism lol!

There have been so many other UFO related stories of more interest that have been passed up and ignored by the MSM and now Fox picks this one up... really!?

Most likely because they know that nothing will come of the story... disinformation!

edit on 30-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GiodanoBruno

The problem is all thru out Scandinavia and the British Isles , UFO hysteria has gone bonkers. Everyday someone is reporting a UFO or an alien abduction,,,everyday.

To assume this image has to do with aliens , and make a movie trailer depicting a flying saucer, is way premature.

A bit desperate if you ask me.

I am not sure what might have given you this impression. But i garantee you that UFO hysteria is NOT something that is seen throughout scandinavia.
I do think that there has been a small increase in awareness about some of the UFO theories that are out their, as a result of the many UFO tv shows made the past few years. But these shows are american and have not gained that much attention compared to other countries.

As far as I can understand, Holland and the United Kingdom are the only european contries to have experienced any kind of UFO hysteria, and not in any recent years.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I'm going with... Volcanic Plug

Volcanic plugs are formed when lava solidifies in the pipe of an extinct volcano. Over time, the volcanic cone made up of less resistant rocks wears away, leaving behind the solidified volcanic plug.

Its most likely an extinct volcano plug, much like the mound of volcanic rock Edinburgh Castle is built on in Scotland, only this one is covered/surrounded by the sediment as it underwater, just with the head popping out

Edinburgh Castle is simply magnificent. It occupies the summit of an ancient plug of volcanic rock towering 260ft or 80m above the city it dominates

Its likely the water has erroded the weaker rock/sediment away leaving the rocky top

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

han solos maltese falcon!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mads1987

Originally posted by GiodanoBruno

The problem is all thru out Scandinavia and the British Isles , UFO hysteria has gone bonkers. Everyday someone is reporting a UFO or an alien abduction,,,everyday.

To assume this image has to do with aliens , and make a movie trailer depicting a flying saucer, is way premature.

A bit desperate if you ask me.

I am not sure what might have given you this impression. But i garantee you that UFO hysteria is NOT something that is seen throughout scandinavia.
I do think that there has been a small increase in awareness about some of the UFO theories that are out their, as a result of the many UFO tv shows made the past few years. But these shows are american and have not gained that much attention compared to other countries.

As far as I can understand, Holland and the United Kingdom are the only european contries to have experienced any kind of UFO hysteria, and not in any recent years.

Whilst that is true, you're also forgetting Belgium in the 90s and France has had it's moments also

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Finally i found a thread worth following

Even if it is just an odd rock formation, the whole idea of thinking about what it is is exciting. S and F and im following along this one.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
i think it is planet earth's reset button.
they touch that thing and it'll be a loading screen for us all.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ
DONT FORGET!!!

There are TWO disk shaped "features" down there.

Two objects video

And - it states in the article that this disk shaped object has 900 foot "skid marks" behind it which kind of takes it being part of a man-made or natural stone structure out of the picture if it is true.

So two round objects, 200 feet in diameter each, in 250 feet of water and one of them skidded 900 feet underwater? I don't know what they are, but it doesn't sound like they are any kind of rock formation to me. I know there have been many sightings of other round objects in the sky that seem to fly in tandem, maybe they crash in tandem as well.

I wish they'd put up a camera immediately down there - and just left it on a live feed so we could all see if anyone else went down there afterward.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join