It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the US dollar collapsed/shtf what will happen to the US/Mexican Border and the US/canadian Bord

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Well when civil unrest has intensified with the demise of the US dollar I'm sure more people will flee than enter

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
reply to post by seabag

Well when civil unrest has intensified with the demise of the US dollar I'm sure more people will flee than enter
Why don't they avoid the rush and start now?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Actually they are in the near future. In fact I know a few that are actually planning on leaving not just to Mexico but Australia, Canada etc

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

Actually they are in the near future. In fact I know a few that are actually planning on leaving not just to Mexico but Australia, Canada etc
Great! If we could find enough money in the budget to send half of them to Australia, I would vote to send them all halfway.
Sorry, an adaptation of an old joke.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Surely you are correct, and I hope the door doesn’t hit them on the way out.

Like I said, once you leave you’re not welcome back (at least that’s how I’d like to see it go down).

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Nothing would happen to the borders. They can't control them now and the man power needed is to great to be handled by the military. There are thousands of miles of border, hundreds of miles of that are in the desert and in the mountains. In which there are no roads, backpacking you could cross to and from US and Canada for weeks and not be seen by border patrols.
If TSHTF, why would you leave your home?...unless you were at ground zero, or it was safer out of the shelter you already have. If the SHTF the vast majority of people would be better off not to leave.
If there is an earthquake in California, do you bug out if your in Denver? Hell no..
Why would you go to another country in a SHTF? If you do and get caught...you go to jail or killed...the US is the only country where being illegal gets you a house, food, car, cash, medical plus whatever else you need.
Crossing a border to be honest, isn't even on my mind...if your going to do it, do it...if you get caught you could be dead...what risks are you willing to take?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
US citizens will go to Canada while Mexicans will still come here. It will be time for the Reconquista for them.

California is fast becoming a 3rd world country already...some even call it Mexifornia

thanks

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Every time I read an arcticle refering to Canadian US borders whether it treaties or defense I laugh at the at line of dialogue that most people follow
I dont know how many people pay attention to the news but at this point border intelligence in Canada pertaining to outside threats is handled by the US,the Canadian government has been qiuetly streamlinig border security, meaning the US government has been slowly implementing homeland security to take over Canadian defence for some time,however it goes much deeper than that ,bottom line, we are already one country.

refer to link globalresearch.ca...

The U.S. and Canada are also scheduled to deploy a land-based version of the Shiprider program at some point this summer. As part of the security perimeter deal, both countries will, “implement two Next-Generation pilot projects to create integrated teams in areas such as intelligence and criminal investigations, and an intelligence-led uniformed presence between ports of entry.” In September 2011, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder revealed plans that would allow law enforcement officers to operate on both sides of the border. He announced that, “the creation of ‘NextGen’ teams of cross-designated officers would allow us to more effectively identify, assess, and interdict persons and organizations involved in transnational crime.” Holder went on to say, “In conjunction with the other provisions included in the Beyond the Border Initiative, such a move would enhance our cross-border efforts and advance our information-sharing abilities.” Both countries continue to expand the nature and scope of joint law enforcement operations, along with intelligence collection and sharing.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well, here in Canada our largest trading partner is the U.S. The collapse of the U.S. would adversely affect us with out a doubt, but we have the ability to sustain ourselves. Our north is loaded with resources, we're the second largest country in the world after all. Now, would the American refugees be turned away? well in Canada we have a history of open borders and lax immigration laws, we took in draft dodgers during the world wars, and slaves when that was taboo. However, if TOO many people were trying to cross, there is definitely a possibility that the boarders would seal, the north may be rich, but it's next to uninhabitable.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
When this happens, Mexicans coming across Mexico's border will look Chinese, and Canandians coming across Canada's border will look Russian; the ironic thing is that they will also speak those respective tongues!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Do you have a problem with Mexicans or are you specifically talking about Illegal Immigrants?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join