It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the US dollar collapsed/shtf what will happen to the US/Mexican Border and the US/canadian Bord

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
When the US dollar collapsed/shtf what will happen to the US/Mexican Border and the US/Canadian Border?

Of course when shtf many Americans will try to flee to Mexico and Canada in hope they will be granted asylum. In fact I know some people would actually try to do it should shtf

I remember some people said that they will be closed. But what would be their methods of closing the border?

My theory on how the Mexicans handle the problem:

They'll put troops and start shooting illegal American immigrants on sight.

I'm not sure how Canada react to the problem but I'm pretty sure they'll be hard on illegal American immigrants

edit on 29-5-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The Canadians and Mexicans would probably close them.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Will they do by shoot to kill orders from troops guarding the borders?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

My theory on how the Mexicans handle the problem:

They'll put troops and start shooting illegal American immigrants on sight.

Then we Americans start shooting back.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
US citizens will go to Canada while Mexicans will still come here. It will be time for the Reconquista for them.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

You do realize that world world economy is tied to the dollar so that if the dollar collapses it will affect both Mexico and Canada as well. Why would Americans be trying to go somewhere that is still worse off?

Why do you have Mexico shooting at american illegals but not Canada. Here is a video of what it's like crossing into Mexico. Why would they all of a sudden change to the american mindset that the border needs to be mined and anyone crossing should be shot on sight?

edit on 29-5-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I think canada would allow asylum for our american friends. If not legally then im sure we could get some boats going (got enough of them here on the coast).

But yes, everything will go downhill probably unless our government acts quick enough and dumps the financial system entirely and starts from scratch.

Unlike the US. Canada is one of the only countries on the planet that can fully sustain its population with what is in the country. Food, water, gas, wood. We do not rely as heavily on imports as the states does.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Well, if TPTB has their way, you will be part and parcel of us and we with you.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

I don't think that the canadian dollar is as closely tied to the greenback as it was 20 years ago. Remember we are now a net exporter of oil and food stuffs. Our dollar has already proven itself as strong as or stronger than the US dollar.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I dont think anything would happen to the borders because they are just make believe borders anyway, The only reason we call them borders is to have some sort of foothold we can call ours, but if there is no dollar, there is no nation, no nation, means no borders, the wild west i guess

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by palg1

I don't think that the canadian dollar is as closely tied to the greenback as it was 20 years ago. Remember we are now a net exporter of oil and food stuffs. Our dollar has already proven itself as strong as or stronger than the US dollar.

Oil is tied to the dollar so if the dollar drops so do the oil profits. Also, you're the largest exporter of oil to the US so if the US gets hit Canada is going to feel it. Mexico is second largest exporter so they are going to feel it as well.

All I was saying is that the US is not isolated. Even if the OP's scenario played out it wouldn't end up with americans trying to flee the US because things wouldn't be much better on the other side of either border.
edit on 29-5-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Really what what about the US nuking Mexico City should the Mexicans invade

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Well it's theory that came up to me when I see the harsh Mexican immigration laws

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Really what what about the US nuking Mexico City should the Mexicans invade

Never happen. Our politicians would never offend hispanic voters like that. They don't even have to follow our laws. We let them steal from us and shoot at out law enforcement officers at will with no reprisal. Be serious.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Mexican immigration laws have been changed in recent years. The fact is that the mexican side of the border has always been pretty open.

My main point is that if the shft in the US it's two major trading partners Mexico and Canada are going to be affected so running for the border won't do much good.

Also remember that at the Berlin wall it was the East Berlin border guards that shot those trying to cross. So you may end up getting shot in the back trying to sneak into Mexico.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

When the US dollar collapsed/shtf what will happen to the US/Mexican Border and the US/Canadian Border?

Of course when shtf many Americans will try to flee to Mexico and Canada in hope they will be granted asylum.

If the SHTF in America, why would American’s flee? Haven’t we been down this road before??

Wouldn’t that be the perfect time to make those who F’ed things up flee??

FYI – Those of you who flee will not be welcomed back!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Btw aren't Mexicans actually going back to their country. In fact there is a thread about it here

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Btw aren't Mexicans actually going back to their country. In fact there is a thread about it here
If they are, it isn't fast enough.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

No for real here is an article

The influx of Mexicans, which has dominated U.S. immigration patterns for four decades, began to tumble in 2006 and 2007 as the housing bust and recession created a dearth of jobs. At the same time, the number of Mexicans returning to their native country along with their U.S.-born children soared.

www.usatoday.com...

This shows that even Mexicans don't like living here anymore

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

No for real here is an article

The influx of Mexicans, which has dominated U.S. immigration patterns for four decades, began to tumble in 2006 and 2007 as the housing bust and recession created a dearth of jobs. At the same time, the number of Mexicans returning to their native country along with their U.S.-born children soared.

www.usatoday.com...

This shows that even Mexicans don't like living here anymore

No…for real…..it isn’t happening fast enough!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join