It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and Congress Approve Resolution That Supports UN Internet Takeover

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

In late 2011, representative from China, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan submitted a proposal called the International Code of Conduct for Information Security (ICCIS) to the UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon that called for international consensus of a global set of rules and regulations that standardize information flow on the Internet.

The ICCIS sets forth specific “principles of maintaining information and network security which cover the political, military, economic, social, cultural, technical and other aspects.”

The ICCIS mandates that countries not be allowed to use information and telecommunications technologies “to conduct hostile behaviors and acts of aggression or to threaten international peace and security and stress that countries have the rights and obligations to protect their information and cyberspace as well as key information and network infrastructure from threats, interference and sabotage attacks

Source

Ok, so I'm sure there have been threads related to this, but it appears that there is no stopping the internet takeover and censorship by the world government (UN). Its sad, and its a violation of privacy and the rights to freedom of speech for everyone around the world.

Of course Obama and the US government wants this to be put through.. Then they can close all the Ron paul threads on ATS and only allow pro-Obama supporters to comment on pro-Obama threads! haha ok, that may be taking it a bit far, but its not out of the realm of possiblity!

Thoughts?!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Thoughts?

This is just another example in a long list of our elected representatives selling us and our sovereignty and liberties out to the global elitist. I really can not comprehend their thinking when it comes to their service to the American people. If any of these "representatives" were true patriots that valued their duty to us the constituents they would tell the UN to go pound sand.

As far as I'm concerned our nation as we have known it to be, the pillar of freedom and liberty is dead and decomposing. Its bad enough that we have to conform to the unjust laws and regulations of our own corrupt government, now we have to obey UN mandates that infringe on our first amendment rights. The tyrants we have representing us (dictating their will upon us) are lower than whale dung on the ocean floor.

If I could I would post right here in this thread what I think of the UN and what they can do. However I don't want to be banned so I will refrain from doing it.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Are you saying that the UN works for the left now? You seem to forget that the American values you are putting this are only good in America. And the internet doesn't belong to America it belongs to the world and not every country gives their citizens the same rights as America. But now that the internet is being used to attack other countries it was only a matter of time before this happened.

This is why we need a second internet which is free from watchdogs like the UN.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I thought there was a law that prohibited any other countries having control over anything in the United States in America and was punishable by a $20,000 fine and upto a year in prison for any government official to do so, under the code of treason or something like that...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I can't figure this one out,the government takes all the power, and keeps adding to it, and then a story likes this comes along. Some people say the US is the UN just a puppet for the American government, and considering there has been a push toward giving the UN power over us by the op,small arms treaty,global warming, and other nonsense.

We the people of these United States is not We the people of the United Nations whether it be the UN or the US both are as corrupt as they come.

They need to lay off the first amendment and the second amendment and everything else they are eyeballing.

Call it more globalization, or call it fascism at work total global domination/

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Are you saying that the UN works for the left now? You seem to forget that the American values you are putting this are only good in America. And the internet doesn't belong to America it belongs to the world and not every country gives their citizens the same rights as America. But now that the internet is being used to attack other countries it was only a matter of time before this happened.

Actually the United States Created the Internet...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I can see your point however just because the internet is world wide doesn't mean that a world authority should have the right to limit what we can say on it. Its really no different than books, we print books in the US that are distributed all over the world so does that mean that our freedom of the press should be infringed?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but the internet really was an American invention first. It does not truly belong to the world.

I really don't want anybody telling me what i can and can't do on the internet, my own government included.

I want the internet to remain completely free.

What countries do with the internet within their own borders is their own business, but leave my country alone.

The brighter side of this is things will be bogged down in discussion for years to come.

However, I'm entirely frustrated with the corporations and governments targeted the internet to bring it under their control.

If the internet gets taken over the bathroom really will be the last bastion of American freedom. Until the TSA starts putting cameras in the bathroom.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but Democracy was a Greek invention and really doesn't belong to the rest of the world.

Statements like that - that the internet belongs tpo us because an American invented it - are why people acrposs the globe have a low opinion of Americans.

Let's list all the things invented by people in foreign countries, and we can go about phasing all of them out of American life.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
What surprises me is they haven't invoked the interstate commerce clause yet,after all they already have the power to regulate products(the internet) that are sold over state borders, guess we should consider ourselves lucky they haven't invoked it.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
There are some confusing statements here. "Taking over the internet" is a odd statement. Are we talking about content or infrastructure?

If the idea is to keep the internet systems running in ways that are open to all, this could be a good idea. Though I doubt this is the case. I question someone who thinks, at this point, that just turning things off and imprisoning people is an answer to anything at all. To corral the populace, mandate more vacs, more fluoride, even mandate 40 hours of tv a week.

As for content, billions of sites, trillions of words, what's the idea here? Simply treat the content like a library and ransack the entire system to throw out what isn't approved? This seems impossible, the barn door is open.

The complaint people have, with ALL "legislation" is that it is never clear. Those who create it, make things purposely vague as to mean anything they want it to mean - even then it has no real meaning as there are no real laws, only enforcement of will.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtap66
I'm sorry, but Democracy was a Greek invention and really doesn't belong to the rest of the world.

Statements like that - that the internet belongs tpo us because an American invented it - are why people acrposs the globe have a low opinion of Americans.

Let's list all the things invented by people in foreign countries, and we can go about phasing all of them out of American life.
I don't give a damn about what the rest of the world thinks. The rest of the world is jealous of America. We saved y'all in World War 1, World War 2, natural disasters, and supply the majority of the food eaten in the world! DON'T HATE, APPRECIATE!!!! Why the United States should cut all foreign aide, b/c these foreigners are ungrateful!

SM2

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtap66

well its a good thing we are not a democracy then. We are a Constitutional Republic.

Furthermore, the people across the globe can kiss it. Most Americans really could not care less what someone in Greece (or whatever other nation) think of us or our rights and freedoms. Maybe, most of those other countries should try to get their own house in order before worrying themselves with the actions of Americans. Just saying, hey hows that our Eurozone thing working out ? Did George Soros collapse that currency too?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Our rights and freedoms?

LOL.

If you think people in Norway or Germany are less free than we are, you're delusional.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

And some would dare to call this treason. I would anyway. But then Clinton, Bush, Obama, etc. selling military secrets to China an all that. The US gets back chips with back doors. But what do you expect? Our politicians are as compromised as the chips. go figure?

I guess it's only treason when the lie is little.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This is a lot like a random congressman introducing a random bill that hasn't even been thought about being considered in a committee explosing on the internet as some sort of threat to some sort of freedom.

A proposed resolution in a voluntary motion by a few small countries that are part of the UN.

I don't understand this thread or the title associated with it at all.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Thoughts?!

Two, the first one is a wish. Let's get out of the UN.

The second one is that our elected officials do the right thing for a change. The only way I know to influence this is to write them and encourage others to do so. I wrote mine, how about you?

If we sit on our apathy we lose.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
The US did not "invent the internet"! Uneducated Americans always taking credit for other people's achievements!

The underlying networking technology was invented there, but what WE KNOW AS the internet - the World Wide Web, that is the global network of websites and information - was invented by an ENGLISH man called Tim Berners-Lee, at CERN, in Switzerland. The US had nothing to do with it!

Even if you just do the most basic reading of all you'll know this:

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 30/5/12 by Yazman because: (no reason given)

edit on 30/5/12 by Yazman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

My thought.

The ICCIS mandates that countries not be allowed to use information and telecommunications technologies “to conduct hostile behaviors and acts of aggression or to threaten international peace and security and stress that countries have the rights and obligations to protect their information and cyberspace as well as key information and network infrastructure from threats, interference and sabotage attacks

What part of that do you disagree with?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mississippi

Originally posted by buster2010

Actually the United States Created the Internet...

Yes, that is correct, by and for DARPA. And this is why I was disappointed to hear about the push since Obama was elected to turn over control of the Internet to the forces of International global governance. It's not going to be a good outcome, it will be a mechanism for complete global control by the Elite.
edit on 30-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join