It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secular Researchers' Findings that UFO Activity is Not Extraterrestrial in Origin

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
"The UFO manifestations seem to be, by and large, merely minor variations of the age-old demonological phenomenon." (John A. Keel, Operation Trojan Horse pg. 299)

I kind of agree with that i.e. the current things we call UFO's (are just that, unidentified) however they are more terrestrial than extraterrestrial.

As for aliens again I think we need to be looking a little closer to home but I do not discount the universe is grand and the tapestry of life is vast (it's all well and done saying Jesus is the saviour of mankind and the son of god but I like to take a look at the scale of the universe and think a bit BIGGER...).

I believe what ages past have called demons are other life forms, most likely ground dwelling...based on the descriptions of the aliens that witnesses have encountered, and applying science here, their biology can only lead to one conclusion:

They are probably from deep underground subterranean areas, here on earth.

Look further afield, at Mars etc, here I would argue that there was a time when we had advanced to such a stage as humans that we could travel the known space (not just us though, maybe our unknown neighbours), however as history has shown, we have a habit of destroying ourselves and rebuilding ourselves....

To air the notion that we are superior to our ancestors because we use iPads is fools game.
edit on 30-5-2012 by old_god because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

When are you going to drop this? You keep posting religious threads on ATS, which I suppose is fine. But 6 threads on the same topic,"Aliens are Demons" ?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

"Alien Abductions" match the abilities of fallen angels as described in the Bible.

See the problem here? Saying that the fairy tale ideology is being mistaken for the fringe scientific possibility?

'The Hidden Truth' notes the following: First, there is the problem of time. What if we suppose that UFOs come from some distant star in our own Galaxy? Travelling from the nearest star, Alpha Centauri, which is 25 trillion miles from the earth, in terms of the speed of light, it would take more than four years and three months to travel from this star to the earth.

4 years is quite a long journey. I guess it's a good job then that another inhabited planet could have existed and harboured intelligent life in the Universe 9 billion years before Earth even existed.

And then you end with reminding us that Christ died for our sins. Magic Israeli carpenter created the Universe, but aliens can't possibly be visiting Earth. It's beggar's belief.
edit on 30/5/12 by Morg234 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30/5/12 by Morg234 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I'm quoting the following from another member.

Valle: So people quote me that UFOs don't exist and they are just hallucinations. I never said that. I simply said that from the witnesses and their testimony we are dealing with an object that manipulates time and space. And can dissapear on the spot. And I don't know how to make an object like that unless we relax what we know about space-time and what we know about the Universe. And I find that very very exciting.

Dear Revelation Generation-

There you go. From your source.
I think you were missing his point right from the start. You are one of those people misquoting this guy, and tainting his name. Just like you keep doing with your God.

edit on 30-5-2012 by Tripple_Helix because: add underline.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
it's hard to tell who a real abductee is and who is not, but from what i've heard they always say the aliens gave them some kind of message to live in peace. i don't recall them ever relaying a "lucifer" type message when they got back.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by PHDIKOULAS

No this wasn't a copy&past job like you make out. I spent way over an hour gathering the information, compiling it together and adding my own parts to it.
Sources are included. Before being so quick to critisize and judge people, if you think you can do better than feel free to make your own topic and bring something to the ATS community yourself, just a thought.

This is why so many so-called Christians are an affront and a ruin to the name of Christ.
When caught in an outright lie or mis-truth, rather than admit, correct or apologize human beings, in order to defend their lies and ego driven purposes (something that Christians are NOT supposed to engage in) back-peddle, deny. lie, exaggerate and twist the truth rather than admitting their fault.

Is it any wonder that the unsaved of the world flee in terror from the message of these egomaniac, hypocritical, liars who profess to be lambs yet are rather wolves in sheep's clothing?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
It was followable until you brought Religion in the mix. I follow my conscience and my heart. I do not believe in any deity/God/Religion. Yes, I agree that some sort of phenomenon exists. I see that the global cabal are evil entities and speak a symbolic language that not many can understand or know exactly where it originated. Are they aliens? I don't know. Are they fallen angels or possessed by such? I don't know. I see more harm through Religion than spiritual belief. In my opinion, the American Native people were more true to themselves believing the spiritual realm and being one with nature rather than being greedy, raping the earth and everything that lives on it. As well as forcing 'God' onto people.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

The Facts of what we know to be true:

6. "Alien Abductions" stop in the name and authority of Jesus Christ

How convenient that your god stops the big bad space spookies.

I guess he was so busy fighting aliens he couldn't do anything about the catholic church's child rape ring.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
When looking at alien abduction experiences we need to ask ourselves what the people are doing when it occurs, and the majority is when they are in their homes in bed.
Dimethyltryptamine is a naturally occurring compound found in most mammals and a a variety of plants around the world, It is closely related to the neurotransmitter serotonin.
From wikipedia

"A new hypothesis proposed is that in addition to being involved in altered states of consciousness, endogenous '___' may be involved in the creation of normal waking states of consciousness. It is proposed that '___' and other endogenous hallucinogens mediate their neurological abilities by acting as neurotransmitters at a sub class of the trace amine receptors; a group of receptors found in the CNS where '___' and other hallucinogens have been shown to have activity. Wallach further proposes that in this way waking consciousness can be thought of as a controlled psychedelic experience. It is when the control of these systems becomes loosened and their behavior no longer correlates with the external world that the altered states arise."

So, Dimethyltryptamine could be our gateway to higher frequencies of existence, and closely relate alien abduction experiences, meeting entities/aliens.

"Dr. Rick Strassman, while conducting '___' research in the 1990s at the University of New Mexico, advanced the controversial hypothesis that a massive release of '___' from the pineal gland prior to death or near death was the cause of the near death experience (NDE) phenomenon. Several of his test subjects reported NDE-like audio or visual hallucinations. His explanation for this was the possible lack of panic involved in the clinical setting and possible dosage differences between those administered and those encountered in actual NDE cases. Several subjects also reported contact with 'other beings', alien like, insectoid or reptilian in nature, in highly advanced technological environments[13] where the subjects were 'carried,' 'probed,' 'tested,' 'manipulated,' 'dismembered,' 'taught,' 'loved,' and even 'raped' by these 'beings'."

www.youtube.com...

Above is a link to Terence McKenna's description of what happens when one consumes '___'.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I believe in a Young Universe and a 6 day creation. Believing in a 6000 year old or so earth does not make me crazy or brainwashed. After studying for many years I believe in creation science.

RG makes it a game to tell us that if we don't believe what he says, we live in a fantasy world, but in reality, I think it is he that is living a fantasy. Creation Science? Give me a break! Teaching Creation Science in schools was declared un-Constitutional in McLean v. Arkansas, 1981

McLean v. Arkansas
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Bold Text My Own)
McLean v. Arkansas Board of Education, 529 F. Supp. 1255, 1258-1264 (ED Ark. 1982), was a 1981 legal case in Arkansas.

A lawsuit was filed in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas by various parents, religious groups and organizations, biologists, and others who argued that the Arkansas state law known as the Balanced Treatment for Creation-Science and Evolution-Science Act (Act 590), which mandated the teaching of "creation science" in Arkansas public schools, was unconstitutional because it violated the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.

Judge William Overton handed down a decision on January 5, 1982, giving a clear, specific definition of science as a basis for ruling that creation science is religion and is simply not science. The ruling was not binding on schools outside the Eastern District of Arkansas but had considerable influence on subsequent rulings on the teaching of creationism.

Arkansas did not appeal the decision and it was not until the 1987 case of Edwards v. Aguillard, which dealt with a similar law passed by the State of Louisiana, that teaching "creation science" was ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court, making that determination applicable nationwide.

Act 590 had been put forward by a Christian fundamentalist on the basis of a request from the Greater Little Rock Evangelical Fellowship for the introduction of legislation based on a "model act" prepared using material from the Institute for Creation Research. It was opposed by many religious organizations and other groups.
source
Is creation science a form of science, or is it a pseudo-science?

Its core beliefs are not based on observations of nature. Rather, they are based on a pre-scientific religious text, the Bible.

Essentially all geological and biological scientists view the the conclusions of creation science to be false. Such as the Fossil Record vs the Genesis Flood Story.

A conflict based on the number of fossils observed:

Creation scientists teach that the fossil remains of land animals which have been found trapped in the many rock layers were all actually alive at the time of Noah's flood. These few generations of animals all drowned. Some turned into fossils and were trapped in the layers of sedimentary rock which were laid down during the 150 days of the flood.

With our present knowledge, it appears impossible to harmonize this belief with the actual number of fossils in existence.
source
In essence, creation science is not science, it is fundamental religion, plain and clear.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
You only talk about "light speed" as the method of travel. We have no idea of how they could travel if they exist. If they are out there and they're advanced enough they could easily know how to teleport across huge distances without even thinking about "light speed" travel, which I think is a totally stupid idea for the same reasons you added. You can't see your whole path when travelling at that speed and it's too unpredictable. The whole theory and idea of light speed, warp speed, etc, is just a bizarre thing to me.

So if they can teleport you're basically back to square one, and seeing as you have no idea what's out there and that beings could very well do that, you're basically back to square one, sorry!

Why people bring up this light speed theory all the time baffles me as I really think it's a completely outdated idea.
edit on 30-5-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
So you think could actually be a chance we could take them if we cross streams?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by schuyler

Well, to me, demon is a word that refers to advanced non physical being with malevolent intent. Interdimensional beings certainly can fall under this definition.

You SAID the word "interdimensional" and the word "demon" were the same thing, like soccer and football. I can't guess what you actually mean when you are making up definitions on the fly. Go back an read what you wrote. What you wrote above is not what you wrote before.

The underlying point here is that you have not established that an "advanced non physical being," if, indeed, there are such things, has "malevolent intent." The OP has done the same thing. After establishing that "secular researchers" have floated the idea that UFOs might be interdimensional, he then makes a grand leap of faith that they are somehow demonic. The conclusion does not follow the premis.

Besides which, you ignored the real issue. Calling interdimensional beings malevolent makes as much sense as saying pilots engage in witchcraft to make airplanes fly. I had hoped Christianity was beyond the medieval approach of condemning anything it doesn't understand, but you all seem to be proving that it is not. Galileo was arrested and convicted of heresy for advocating that the Earth travels around the Sun.

You are doing the same thing. You don't understand how an interdimensional universe can exist, therefore anything showing such a thing can happen must be evil. You can believe it if you want, of course, but you have no facts to back up that interdimensional beings are demonic. None.
edit on 5/29/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

I mean, I don't care what word you use, but I experienced a non-physical being that seemed to defy the laws of physics that had malevolent intent. This thing jumped from point A to point C to point E in order to walk. I believe "demons" are interdimensional because of that.

You say I'm condemning the being I experienced. Actually, I haven't offered my full opinion yet. While it seemed at first that this being was "evil", after about a year of thinking about it, I actually concluded that the "angel" and the "demon" were actually the same thing.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I said 18, not 8, try reading slower. I would like to know how you came to know so much about these demonic entities that only you can see? What was their origin, and whom orders them about? According to you, EVERYTHING not God, Jesus, and Humans are demons. You have alluded that demons are the Fallen Angels of the Bible. As I remember, there were only 600 of these. So where did these millions of demons come from? You certainly seem to love them, as you make many references to them all the time in your posts. Are you in fact a demon, or are you in fact possessed by one? Curious minds want to know.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Don't even get me started on the ET = Demons thing. If light speed is outdated then I have no idea what all ET's are Demons is. Really don't think it's a coincidence that it's such a regularly mentioned theory too, and wonder how many groups out there have a vested interest in making sure people keep on pushing it.
(stay in your little bubble slav....err, people! Nothing to see out there!)

If all ET's are Demons then the universe was created with only Humans on this one planet as anything other than Demonic. Seriously, come on. Please try and think about these things properly.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Well concerning the time issue, that it would take too long to travel from another galaxy to another... the real problem in that is that we think it like humans. We use our human brains. These life forms could be millions of years ahead of us technologically. We could be intellectually compared to them what a worm is to us. Maybe we will never be able to do or understand even 0.001% what they can. Simply because our brain can't do it.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

God promised to never destroy the earth with water again. He gave us the rainbow as a sign of his promise, he placed the rainbow in the sky whenever it rained..

He must have put the rainbow in my sprinkler too...

Really, you believe that God 'made' the rainbow especially for that reason? You don't think the rainbow was there before the flood, every time it rained?
Really?

reply to post by arpgme

For some reason more and more people are starting to demonize aliens even though they are individuals and there are many types. This is like racism and hate and it promotes fear.

Thank you
I don't understand why people even tolerate this type of "xenophobia"

From Wiki -

Xenophobia is defined as "an unreasonable Fear or hatred of foreigners or strangers or of that which is foreign or strange.

Xenophobia can manifest itself in many ways involving the relations and perceptions of an ingroup towards an outgroup, including a fear of losing identity, suspicion of its activities, aggression, and desire to eliminate its presence to secure a presumed purity.

Hitler comes to mind here... ^

Ways of acquiring

Classical conditioning, that is when someone is conditioned to having a fear or repulse from aliens generally, or, from specific group. ways to instill it would be Dehumanization, mostly by propaganda, for example: a video containing group members shown distorted, erroneous, and in proportional phases of horror sounding.

This is exactly, to the T, what the OP had done in this thread.

edit on 30-5-2012 by Tripple_Helix because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by schuyler

Well, to me, demon is a word that refers to advanced non physical being with malevolent intent. Interdimensional beings certainly can fall under this definition.

Ever look up the Origin of the word?

Origin of Demons
Demon is Middle English, derived from the Late Latin word "daemon," which was derived from the original Greek word "daimon." Daimones or daimonion are the plural forms of the word daimon, and it is important to know, because people who have translated these Greek words in the New Testament of the Bible, render them as either "demon" or "demons" (and sometimes devil and devils). Furthermore, "daimonimozai" has been translated into the English language as "demonized" or "demon possessed." Could this interpretation of these words been changed by the translators into meaning something different than what was intended by the Greek writers of the New Testament? To find out, we must first look at what daimones actually were to the Greeks.
(snip)
Plato distinguished daimones as being middle-ranking creatures of the air, interacting between gods and mankind. Socrates not only described daimones as guardian spirits that everyone has, but also as the inner voice that guided him in choosing to do right, rather than wrong.
(snip)
To the Greeks, the word daimon was often used for the word "god" or "goddess," especially before the Hellenistic period. Daimon was often used to mean "the gods," "divine power, "fate," or "fortune," but was also used to convey a "spirit being." The adjective, "daimonios," often meant "inspired by heaven," "divine," "of heaven," "by divine power," etc.
(snip)
The Harper's Dictionary of Classical Antiquities (1898) says this about the word daimon: "Originally a term applied to deity in general, manifested in its active relation to human life, without special reference to any single divine personality. But as early Hesiod, the daemones appear as subordinates or servants of the higher gods. He gives the name especially to the spirits of the past age of gold, who are appointed to watch over men and guard them.”
source
So, there you have it, the origin of Demons. What Fundamentalist Christians have done is made up meanings and invented stories that have not thing one to do with the original meaning. They say, Angels good, Demons bad, but in effect, they seem to be one and the same, don't they?
And one must remember, the Holy Roman Church in Medieval Times was hell bent on ruling over the entire world, at any cost. So basically anything the Church came up with is not to be trusted, IMHO.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
So, there you have it, the origin of Demons. What Fundamentalist Christians have done is made up meanings and invented stories that have not thing one to do with the original meaning. They say, Angels good, Demons bad, but in effect, they seem to be one and the same, don't they?

Exactly! They don't seem to like researching things like that though. If they did then maybe we wouldn't have to put up with this stuff so much.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Now, Why are aliens demons?
Because they may be inter dimensional ?
If the conclusion is since "aliens"
don't travel in interstellar ships they're demons.
What does that make Jesus & his famous trip to earth ?
Demon or Alien?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join