It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secular Researchers' Findings that UFO Activity is Not Extraterrestrial in Origin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Indeed the idea that another civilisation could travel to Earth is almost inconcievable when limited to applications of contemporary physics

For the ET hypothesis to be held true we really have to assume some advanced physics which transcends ordinary space travel

Concurring with Arthur C. Clarke; perhaps UFOs are not interstellar space-ships but interstellar [hyper]space-ships

In any case, advanced physics must be a simpler explanation than demonic entities

+2 more 
posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
The Facts of what we know to be true:

You mean to say Hypothesis that has no backing evidence.

The entire premise is false.
Why don't supposed UFOs come from Alpha Centuri or whatever...Andromeda galaxy?
Well, it would take a bajillion years using a steam engine, or rowing...

Here is the thing, most people discredit the idea because it is pretty impossible using the technology we have available today

In a few decades, we may be having a much different view of physics..there are tons of hypothesis's out there (many already in mainstream science fiction) which are being furthered...imagine what we will know in a thousand years...

People get all weirded out and feel supernatural events are occuring around high EM fields...which is a strong hypothesis on some aspects of the tech...

I simply cannot take seriously any article, opinion, or perception that dismisses the concept of advanced tech due to our tech not being equally advanced. Like a caveman saying we will never reach 40mph because our feet cannot go that fast.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

You may not care, others do. I think by replying to my topic you do care but thats beside the point.

Nothing what I have brought here is speculation, but rather 100% fact.

Talking about fallacies lets take a look at some... You have already made the assumption, that for us to ever know what these things are, a "nuts and bolt" spaceship must land on the whitehouse lawn and little green men must come out. This is an logical fallacy because such craft do not exist as interstellar travel is clearly and obviously not possible as originally shown in my second post. Interstellar travel is a more than a joke. In-fact anyone who wants to hold to that view is more at odd's with the facts then people like me who claim they are interdimensional beings, atleast we have documented evidence to make an hypothesis. What documented evidence do interstellar travel people have? Nothing but assumptions based on the eye candy of the film industry.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by quantumfluctuation

"space travel must be simpler than to believe in than God so lets just sweep the idea of anything paranormal or demonic under the rug and wait for eternity for a ufo spaceship to turn up with little green men inside"

By refusing to use all the evidence available all you are left with is error. You are not looking at all aspects of the the reported phenomena. Whilst ignoring the evidence that contradicts your theory.

That is the height of all ignorance right there.
edit on 29-5-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

How would "advanced tech" prove your "extraterrestrial life on other planets" theory anyway?

If the universe is around 6000 years old than no amount of technology could have even been developed fast enough for little green men to be travelling billions of miles around the galaxy anyway. That's if they even exist at all, which all the evidence suggests they do not and are-in-fact spiritual entity's deceiving people. Do you honestly believe in intelligent life on other planets?

+4 more 
posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Greater than 90% of your statements regarding this phenomenon can be attributed to psychological pathology.

Yes, something wrong with the brain.
There's greater degree of evidence supporting that your "100% fact", is actually 100% mental illness.

The vertical nose slit of the superimposed lion on your jesus avatar makes it look like your jesus has a monstrously gaping vagina that he's diddling with his hand. Does this perception mean that your jesus does indeed have a huge vagina and plays with it on a regular basis? Probably not.

You also misinterpret what I mean by my statement "I don't care".
When I say "I don't care", it means I don't have some Christian spiritual agenda to label this phenomenon as one single thing.
It means that though I'm a skeptic, I'm still willing to stay open minded about ALL the possibilities because we have yet to pin any such butterflies firmly to the mounting board for examination and can only thus fall victim to such wild fantasies such as yours.

As said before, the phenomenon is a complex issue and could be attributed to several DIFFERENT things, one of those things even including your interdimensional demon entities, angels, or whatever you feel like calling them. It's complex such that it could very well include nuts and bolts craft run by non-biological robotic life of such sophistication that the robots might even appear biological. UFOs could also very well include an entire category of unknown space jellyfish, or some other critter that no one has yet to understand or examine that originates here on Earth or local to this solar system and it's just basically a dumb, or even smart animal.

Further, as part of your fallacy that you have not examined, if you want to consider extra-dimensional, or inter-dimensional entities, you must also then also accept that if such exist, and can come into this dimension, then, it could very well be possible for some other technological intelligence to go into these other dimensions as well, possibly to use these other dimensions as a means to travel extremely improbable distances in very short periods of time, similar to the concept of travelling through a wormhole.

Thus, interdimensional beings might very well exist, but, your statements and arguments do not rule out that the phenomenon may also include robots, real physical biengs from other places in our galaxy or even other galaxies, dumb jellyfish animals that we don't understand, and any other possibility, including an extremely high probability of psychological illness in those experiencing such events.

It could be all these things, and it could also be none of these things.

Until we shake hands with any one of these and/or have a face to face dialog, or lab table dissection, we can't say either way.

You, of course, are more than welcome to keep drinking whatever color koolaide it is you're drinking.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

By refusing to use all the evidence available all you are left with is error. You are not looking at all aspects of the the reported phenomena. Whilst ignoring the evidence that contradicts your theory.

I seen "something" awhile back. I called mufon and they asked me some standard questions, such as loss of time, feelings of tingling or anything of the nature.
from a unscientific standpoint, it would seem as if they were trying to look for paranormal aspects that accompanied the encounter..unless you stop thinking ghosts and start thinking tech.
Radiation, EM fields, etc...all these things would account for almost every "paranormal" claim..and thats tech we know and use today.
There is no need for paranormal entities to create this..there is no magic here.

As far as Clarke: He was a big believer in ETs actually...I would like to see the context of that quote, as I suspect he was suggesting what most are seeing are military crafts, misidentified satellites and the like, etc.

I don't question your understanding of what people are saying..I question your comprehension. You seem to want to piece together a narrative that justifies your view, therefore you take things out of context in order to fill your picture..might be unintentionally..maybe not.
Why do you care anyhow? Do you have ETs popping over for tea? You ever met one?

+7 more 
posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

How would "advanced tech" prove your "extraterrestrial life on other planets" theory anyway?

If the universe is around 6000 years old than no amount of technology could have even been developed fast enough for little green men to be travelling billions of miles around the galaxy anyway. That's if they even exist at all, which all the evidence suggests they do not and are-in-fact spiritual entity's deceiving people. Do you honestly believe in intelligent life on other planets?

6000? crazy talk
The universe is exactly 87 years old...anyone whom says different is simply following a lie by satan..anyone older than 87 is not older, they simply have been implanted with false memories, and all the junk older than 87 years old is just shoved in the ground by demons to confuse us and think its older.

basically, if you believe the universe is 6000 years old, then there is no need to continue debating...you already live in a fantasy, so of course discussions of technology and advanced civilizations/physics won't make sense in your world view.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

All the religious scholars I have heard, of whatever denomination, admit that their belief system will always be a matter of faith and not evidence

And that's ok; not everything people believe must be proved to remain valuable to the community

However I don't see any reason to suspend the progress of science; discouraging the debate of new theories, just because we may challenge religion which is really a matter of faith anyway

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I can understand that "aliens" may very well be inter/intra-dimensional beings. I can also see that "space travel" , i.e." Faster than Light" travel may not be used at all. Your quotes would seem to substantiate that other people, including Arthur C. Clarke and Jacques Valle, have entertained similar conclusions.

But then you go all demonic on us. And when people point out some of these demonic fallacies of yours you get all argumentative and surly. The fact is that you don't have proof #1 of the demonic/religious side of your argument. They are not "facts." The "fact" that you can quote some mythology from the Bible is irrelevant to any intellectual discussion on this subject. The Bible is full of metaphor and myth, with some very vague and diluted history of a few desert tribes thrown in for good measure. It is no more real than the Koran, the Urantia Book, or the Book of Mormon. What you do have in place is a filter composed of your religious beliefs that you are unable to get out of. You are in a jail of your own making.

You start off very well with your hypothesis, but wind up soundling like a lunatic. It's all perfectly proper and allowed, of course. You can believe anything you darn well want to and if your mind is made up, then so be it!

Just don't expect anyone else to believe this crap.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
There is no need for paranormal entities to create this..there is no magic here.

Read my link I posted on page one. It's definitely paranormal.

Yes.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Do you honestly believe in intelligent life on other planets?

Oh, and felt like addressing this question by itself.

With the vastness of this universe, if it was found out that the universe was empty except for us, then I would become a believer in a god. mathmatically it is so improbable that it would literally be a miracle above all miracles to have this one small planet, in a unremarkable star system on the fringe of a medium/small galaxy shooting through a sandstorm of other galaxys house the only advanced life. Thats it..only a deity could possibly explain that. It quickly crosses into genuine pure fantasy magic as the only conclusion one could possibly come up with.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
I can understand that "aliens" may very well be inter/intra-dimensional beings. I can also see that "space travel" , i.e." Faster than Light" travel may not be used at all. Your quotes would seem to substantiate that other people, including Arthur C. Clarke and Jacques Valle, have entertained similar conclusions.

But then you go all demonic on us. And when people point out some of these demonic fallacies of yours you get all argumentative and surly. The fact is that you don't have proof #1 of the demonic/religious side of your argument.

The words "demon" and "interdimensional" are two words describing the same thing, like the words "soccer" and "futbol".

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

If the universe is around 6000 years old ...

Wait. What?

You know that HINDUISM is much older that 6000 years old?

Hinduism wiki

... but, to someone so deluded to ascribe to such Christian brainwashing as the 6000 year old myth, they wouldn't consider Hinduism to have any kind of validity.

What's funny, Hinduism accepts real physical space aliens with nuts and bolts craft. It's part of their belief.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

It was all very interesting to speculate on and read until ya got here. ^^^

That's the end of that though. All discussion takes a serious downhill slide once this nonsense is drug into the debate.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I care because my fellow man are being deceived. Discernment is key, there is a clear difference between advanced tech and paranormal encounters biblically speaking. If these really are Aliens using tech as you claim, why is it people have been able to terminate there abduction experience by calling the name and authority of Jesus Christ. Not as a magic word, but by their allegiance to and personal relationship with him? This further swings the pendulem in the favor of aliens to be "demonic in origin" as opposed to "extraterrestrial" as far as evidence is concerned. Why would some words stop highly advanced aliens on their mission to "abduct" someone against their will? Or maybe just maybe their is more to it than that... And their are things happening on a spiritual level that we cannot see.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Read my link I posted on page one. It's definitely paranormal.

Yes.

Thats definately a dream you had
I could point out a few factors from that thread you made, such as how you said you woke up, seen this alien style thing popping around your room then jumping in you, then you woke up and sat up..
then you went back to bed.
sorry mate, but anyone with that experience would at the very least, stand up, flip the lights on, go have some coffee, etc..
You don't get "bodysnatched' for a second by some random alien thing and decide that its over and go back to bed...you were having a lucid dream.
Same goes with your happy alien experience...
You might look at what your eating or taking when you have these lucid dreams though...they can seem quite real (and you can actually control them to a point where you can realize your in a dream and have total control)

I won't detract too much from this thread though..but ya..your experience with aliens is like my experience with Pamela Anderson...all in the mind.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
There are energy beings or possibly energy transmissions that can make us think we are seeing and hearing things. They can also control us and others to make us do things if we are working right. We are nothing but robot like organic creatures and so are all other animals on this planet. This may be just a script or game where some other beings "gods" are influencing us with communication frequencies. None of what we perceive has to be real.

We're living in a fishbowl guys. Maybe I should start writing for the Aliens.

edit on 29-5-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I care because my fellow man are being deceived. Discernment is key, there is a clear difference between advanced tech and paranormal encounters biblically speaking. If these really are Aliens using tech as you claim, why is it people have been able to terminate there abduction experience by calling the name and authority of Jesus Christ. Not as a magic word, but by their allegiance to and personal relationship with him? This further swings the pendulem in the favor of aliens to be "demonic in origin" as opposed to "extraterrestrial" as far as evidence is concerned. Why would some words stop highly advanced aliens on their mission to "abduct" someone against their will? Or maybe their is more to it than that and their are things happening on a spiritual level that we cannot see.

Whereas I heard a person call that and was told there was a passionless caring about them when saying so. think it was the story of the gray aliens that abducted a person whom called for jesus and they ultimately said she was being silly and stupid in their alien sort of uncaring way. (of course that was also used as...see, demonic!).

But..here is something to consider

Lets say for a brief second someone freaked out enough to call for god to help...perhaps this was them realizing they are freaking the human animal out soo much that its best to just let em go and find another test subject a bit less anxious?
Keep in mind, I am simply taking your word, whom is taking their word, as fact...the technicals are highly suspect here.

Perhaps if they abducted me and started probing and all sorts, if I flipped out and demanded they be reasonable and represent higher intelligence with behavior befitting an advanced race, they also would stop due to my anxiety levels...words are nothing..just sounds..me saying Jesus Christ to an alien is the same as me saying strawberry snowflakes...the intention of the word is anxiety of feeling out of control and agitated, seeking help due to feeling profoundly helpless.

Similar to if your trying to help a dog and it suddenly yelps really loud and seems wild, you back off it a bit before it goes truely bonkers and starts biting. Keep in mind, if the accounts are even remotely accurate..we aren't talking differences between humans and vulcans...we are talking man talking to a tribe of monkeys...we (the monkeys) have no clue what the whole situation is outside of it being scary..even if the ultimate goal is beneficial, we will flip out due to it being so profoundly different and advanced.

Cops will stop recording you when you say you want to talk to a lawyer, perhaps spacemen will stop probing you when you get religious and/or violent

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Just for absolute random conversation on the subject:

What if things are set up to where Jesus (or the god of abraham) is just one of many gods...but earth is unaligned overall.
You get picked up by various races for whatever purposes, but if you make it clear you have allied yourself with a specific "team", they have to leave you alone.
So, saying jesus will basically end testing (unless you were picked up by team jesus of course, in which case..meh, like someone in the marines saying your in the marines to their superior officer)...but same events would happen if you said..oh, I have chosen Odin, or Satan, or Aprhodite, or..etc...basically they only pick up non aligned people..the stray sheep as it were.

Total random thought...could make for a interesting sci-fi book.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join