It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sakhr al-Taifi, Senior Al Qaeda Leader In Afghanistan, Killed In NATO Airstrike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Al-Queda's No. 2: DEAD

www.huffingtonpost.com

KABUL, Afghanistan — The U.S.-led NATO force in Afghanistan killed al-Qaida's second-highest leader in the country in an airstrike in eastern Kunar province, the coalition said Tuesday.

Sakhr al-Taifi, also known as Mushtaq and Nasim, was responsible for commanding foreign insurgents in Afghanistan and directing attacks against NATO and Afghan forces, the alliance said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 29-5-2012 by Maxmars because: PLEASE USE THE ACTUAL SOURCE HEADLINE WHEN SUBMITTING BREAKING ALTERNATIVE NEWS THREADS

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Interesting. I swore this man was killed 5 years ago, but may I am wrong. (Unable to find a source); however, these leadership roles are replaced within days, but clearly will all these causalities, their internet org chart is taking a hit. It's very hard to replace bomber makers and such, like the one killed in Yemen last month.

edit on 29-5-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Interesting. I swore this man was killed 5 years ago, but may I am wrong. (Unable to find a source); however, these leadership roles are replaced within days, but clearly will all these causalities, their internet org chart is taking a hit. It's very hard to replace bomber makers and such, like the one killed in Yemen last month.

edit on 29-5-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

First thing I thought too.

But then again they seem to have lots of number two's. Almost every year al-qaeda lose their number two guy.

uk.reuters.com...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Que the ATS Islamic apologist brigade to deflect and apologize for Islamic terrorism.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Every time they lose a guy, everyone just moves up a spot.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
Que the ATS Islamic apologist brigade to deflect and apologize for Islamic terrorism.

Rather queue the ATS Life brigade to defend against a murder of any kind.
*Sigh*... a boy can dream.

Anyways, back on topic: There will always be a #2 which supposedly needs to be 'taken out' because the gubment seems to like attacking the symptoms rather than the addressing the cause. You can't cure a cold by constantly wiping your nose. I thought the higher ups would have realised that by now. My 2c.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

AWESOME!

Now that the number 1 and 2 for the group are dead, AND Obama ended the war on terror, that means all our troops can come home and we can finally end all these stupid laws put into place *specifically* because of terror!

No more TSA, no more Patriot Act, and no more NDAA! Oh, wait, no they wont because the war on America and her people is just getting warmed up.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Al-Queda's No. 2: DEAD

What? Again?
I thought that they said some time ago that al queada was pretty much gone at this point?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cataka

AWESOME!

Now that the number 1 and 2 for the group are dead, AND Obama ended the war on terror, that means all our troops can come home and we can finally end all these stupid laws put into place *specifically* because of terror!

No more TSA, no more Patriot Act, and no more NDAA! Oh, wait, no they wont because the war on America and her people is just getting warmed up.

Well, now Zawahri is #1........

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Yep the supposed number 2 gets killed every six months or so.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Okay if he was directing afghanistan forces against nato, he is a taliban not al qaeda. Just when you think you know the difference between the two they confuse the meaning again.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Que the fake controversy neocon knee jerkers to

Create an issue that isn't there !

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I don't think Al Queda or NATO can count past two.

The 2IC seems to die an awful lot in this conflict. If I was a Taliban or Al Queda fighter, I wouldn't be in a big hurry to take the role of my recently fallen ( again ) comrade.

edit on 29-5-2012 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
CNN BREAKING NEWS:

Al Qaeda's No. 2 leader, Abu Yahya al-Libi, killed by drone strike in Pakistan, a U.S. official says.

What the heck??

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Being discussed here.

Certainly positive news from the perspective of western forces.

top topics

join