It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Time with Bill Maher March 16 2012 - Alexandra Pelosi Interviews Welfare Recipients in NYC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Actually no. What I posted is the second half that the OP conveniently ommited.

I was merely showing the other side that we can have a discussion about the entire problem. Not just focus on one side of it. That's what the maker of the videos was trying to do......was it not?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Yea, there are unfortunately a lot of people out there that abuse the system.

I work a full time job, making minimum wage, I work hard, and at the end of the pay period after taxes, and after child support, I bring home about $200.00 for two weeks of work. I get food stamps because without them, I would starve to death. Every dime of my check goes to rent and bills and each and every month I fall a little further behind.

Yep, we're all leeches I guess.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

I wasn't even gonna go into the first half of the debate they were trying to frame. But I am glad someone did. The part about the first part that bothers me is that this has always been the story in the South. And it is the grand distortion that the modern Republican Party perpetrates. for the same reasons that thousands of young men in the South fought the Civil War to today nothing has changed. They buy the "If you do what we tell you to do you might one day be rich" line.

It doesn't work it hasn't worked your family is still broke a century and a half later. It is time to figure out something that will actually work and benefit you. Instead you have people that will hold onto their emotional anchors and drown. Bush won his second term on that principle. The Republican Party put gay rights on 11 state ballots in 2004 driving emotional voters out to the polls in droves to vote against their own economic interests.

"After watching Swamp People on history it just makes one wonder. The Gulf Spill put these people's entire life in jeopardy for who knows how long but these same people will go out and vote for the guys that will happily do it again.
edit on 29-5-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Yeah it's aclear sign of indoctrination vs common sense.
The one fellow says that he hates Obamacare and that it's stupid and pointless. He then displays his complete lack of reasoning and frankly he probably doesn;t even know what Obamacare is. It seems to be a situation where he sits in the gin mill after work and listens to everyone complain about Obamacare, so the complaints must be accurate and he's better off agreeing with it or he may be left out.

It's just sad. That's why I say the second video is worse. The guys in the first one are a very big problem, but they have an accurate understanding of the situation. The guys in the second video are just coming from nowhere with things that don't make any sense. "God will fix the economy" Really? These guys vote?

edit on 29-5-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Oh that was another part of the same episode or whatever? My bad, you can tell I watch a whole lot of the idiotbox

You still are pointing a finger at the righties though, and saying they are worse than the lefties. I disagree with that part, it does seem like a bit of a deflection to me.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Neither the leftie leeches or the rightie leeches care about the economy, as long as they are getting their free money. One expects that god might fix it all, the other expects the democrats will. Not really all that different when you break it down to the core. Both are expecting a savior to come along and magically fix it so they can continue to get free money forever. It's pretty sad really.

A majority of those leftie leeches enjoy blunts and 40's. A majority of those rightie leeches enjoy joints and hooch. There really is not a whole lot of difference between the two groups fundamentally, just in their personal faith, and party lines.
edit on Tue, 29 May 2012 15:45:48 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Exactly I don't like Obamacare (God I hate that word for it) but that is because instead of welfare to the insurance companies it should have been giving them the boot. And I have no problem with people disliking something like it. But for the love of God if your gonna dislike it please know why you dislike it enough to speak out against it beyond the obvious Fox talking points. The guy that hates handouts but collects foodstamps was the best of the bunch. He isn't even honest with himself. The Government doesn't force you to apply for them. So really if you wanted to depend on God for your food by all means feel free to give that a whirl but don't complain about a system that you personally benefit from until you do.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Oh that was another part of the same episode or whatever? My bad, you can tell I watch a whole lot of the idiotbox

You still are pointing a finger at the righties though, and saying they are worse than the lefties. I disagree with that part, it does seem like a bit of a deflection to me.

Wrong again. I said that the voters in the second video are scarier to me. I am not pointing toward anyone's ideology being wrong for one reason or another. What I am saying is that the first video is alarming and the second is alarming for a different reason. You saw what I wrote.
edit on 29-5-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join