It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Time with Bill Maher March 16 2012 - Alexandra Pelosi Interviews Welfare Recipients in NYC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Nancy Pelosi's daughter is an aspiring film producer.

She made this short but disturbing video which has caused quite a stir in the "progressive" community.

I imagine her mother was furious. I bet she didn't get invited to any Obama Parties ... probably got disowned by The Free Loading Witch as well.

Our tax dollars, hard at work!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

I'm so pleased it was none other than the wicked witches' own daughter that filmed this documentary. Obama Bucks...yep, those are my tax dollars at work. It makes me so angry to see, and hear, able bodied men blatantly demand handouts due to entitlement.

Des

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Well - what do you expect?

My husband - who used to make 26/hr, who is highly skilled, FINALLY got a job offer.
He's highly skilled, was at his last job over 25 years.

7.25 an hour/32 hours a week.

Welfare would pay BETTER.
edit on 29-5-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I'm sorry to hear your husband has been caught in the fallout of this horrible economy. But, I'm also impressed that he stuck to it finding employment. He is an honorable man. Far better than those who think it's their *right* to never even look for work. I pray your husband finds work in his trained field getting what he is worth. With the right leadership, this Nation can turn around. The leadership we currently have caters to people like in the documentary. No matter what race..lazy is lazy. I see it here in my own neck of the woods, those who say why should I work...I get everything I need for free. You should be very proud of your husband...I am.

Des

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
sick sad little world. Unfortunately for those who actually need it its being ruined by these lazy excuses for men

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

I couldn''t agree with you more --

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Now I see why Obama got elected, well folks a brief look into the future of this country.....

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Half those people are high..... I seriously hope that the person interviewed for days, and cherry picked the worse ones.... That was a sad video....

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Can we have some more flags for the out of context video? The only thing more disturbing is the people that have created a topic on this, and those that couldn't be bothered to find the full segment.

Full Segment

edit on 29-5-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

OH looks like you got it, nevermind

Just finished watching the whole segment, I was hoping it would turn out to be a parody with the full clip. But nope. It doesn't really make those people look any better at all.
edit on Tue, 29 May 2012 13:14:43 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I support viewing and knowing all sides of every argument - and I'm against the state even getting involved. much less the piss poor excuses that are taking advantage of it. they have no Honor or respect and I agree there should be a safety net - I believe that should be up to the states to decide - without Federal money.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

But that wasn't really the point of the video. The point was someone is standing up and saying there is something wrong with this and this being a platform for the Democratic Party has to be addressed. Left or Right no one wants to help people with this mentality.

But what the OP did here is cut it down to two minutes, to make a disingenuous point from a segment saying "Hey we have a problem here we need to address it". His solution is scrap the whole thing when all it really needs are simple well thought out repairs. The reality is no matter which way you cut it people will always try to game the system whether it is the one too lazy to work or the one who uses every possible means to get the most money out of you. The solution isn't to penalize those that want to play it fair and square but to minimize the success of those that don't.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
c'mon...do you really think there WASN'T any editing going on?....yeah... ALL people on welfare are like this...what a crock of crap. amazing that they didn't interview anyone that it helped...how f'ing biased can they get

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

No you don't or you wouldn't be posting a 2 minute hatchet job of a 7 minute segment. You took something that could have been a truly thought provoking post for the cheap applause. And yet you talk about honor your no different than those you complain about. Just like them you chose the easy payday.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

I didn''t know it was a hack job - just found it on YouTube and posted it.... but like so much other stuff -- there are people with skills that want to sway the debate ... but I did not do it. but I found it worthy of debate

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

I'm so pleased it was none other than the wicked witches' own daughter that filmed this documentary. Obama Bucks...yep, those are my tax dollars at work. It makes me so angry to see, and hear, able bodied men blatantly demand handouts due to entitlement.

Des

you mean like exxon mobil demanding and getting every year their oil subsidy payments from taxpayers?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I want a job.

I keep living in areas where there's no jobs for me.

What I want to do now is go down to the city and get trained as a Dispatcher and get a job as a police dispatcher.

Unfortunately all the student loans that I can find are for going to college to get things like an AA Degree, and at least as far as I know, there is no financial aid for getting this kind of training.

So until I can get out of this area, I'm pretty much S.O.O.L.

I really don't want to get a loan because they love to put a lien on your house and there is a lot of fraud to take people's houses away that Obama isn't doing a damned thing about.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

It is completely worth the debate. It contains issues that need to be addressed. And I apologize for being a little rough on you. I have no reason to doubt your word on why you posted it. Ironically enough media manipulation was something else brought up in the extended clip. One thing that bothers me is especially when it comes to aired programs is people not looking for the context, and usually the longer clip is fairly easy to find.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

These guys are worse. You have to admit that the "urban poor" in your video have a sense of honesty. They know they're getting things for nothing and they're going to vote accordingly.

The guys in the second video get things for free and they bite the hand that feeds them.

They want God to fix the economy

They're both disgusting, but the ones in the first video are at least sane individuals.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

That's called deflection..... Point to something that you think might be worse from the "other side", so some people might be tempted to choose the lesser of the evils. One of the things I hate the most about our "political systems" really.....

Instead of trying to fix problems, you just point out problems at the other side of the table, and chuckle amongst yourselves like you have made some kind of progress. Kill the elephant and the ass.
edit on Tue, 29 May 2012 15:05:47 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join