It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opening of Game of Thrones and Hollow earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I was wondering how many people have noticed that the opening of the show Game of Thrones actually shows an inverted curve of the earth. Tell me if you see the same.

Now I am not saying this proves anything etc but I got to say that it caught my eye...

what you think?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Thats cool, does kind of look as you say. 1:20-1:25 show what your are talking about pretty well.

Maybe it has something to do with the plot of the books... Martin did give HBO details to future plot points just in case he died befor finishing the series...

found this quote, its just a stylized map

"We wanted to do something different from the standard tropes for fantasy maps," Wall tells THR. "So we came up with the idea of a world inside a sphere."

interview
edit on 29-5-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I don't see it?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

That is interesting, never noticed that before that the show would be staged on the inside of a huge ball. Maybe it's subliminal programming? I kind of doubt it, but it is an interesting concept, regardless I have no reason to believe the Earth is hollow and inhabited by trolls and ghouls, we have plenty of those in politics and international banking and they live on the surface LOL. The series however is great, the CGI opening is really well put together. I'd really like to see HBO or some other well invested group do the six books of Foundation and Empire by Isaac Asimov, that would be a treat as well.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Plus the star/sun in the middle of it... yea I doubt it myself there is something else in it but it does raise some questions on the idea behind it!

However think how cool it would be if that was reality and the dragons were hidden inside earth hence all the myths etc... ahhh one can only dream i guess

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Holy crap!

Should I now be scared if dire wolfs and men with burnt faces called dog?

Oh!!

if only it were just a tv show and .. wait...

PS: I love the intro- it does show a great way to have cgi protray a clockwork world, as in a game... game of thrones... the mechanical nature of it all..

plus the music is absolutely wonderful to listen to. Subtle changes in it makes it shine... like the gold the machines are made of.

A clockworkd earth... everything is predefined in accordance with the nature of the game...

edit on 29-5-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Are you talking about the Armillary Sphere?
That has nothing to do with being inside the Earth, it was a celestial map of the heavens with the earth in the center.

Though it could also technically be considered an Orrery since it appears the sun is at the center. Either way though its about the progression of the heavens, and about time.

I believe that sometimes the two can be somewhat combined into one hybrid:

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
No mate... cause its not like a celestial map... it kinda shows the world they live in but the curves are the opposite of what it should be.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

I love watching Game of Thrones and enjoy the opening credits as well, but never noticed that indeed the map is inside a globe vs outside like our world. Very good observation. I'll never see the opening of this show the same again.

edit on 29-5-2012 by iwan2ski because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981

Now I am not saying this proves anything etc but I got to say that it caught my eye...

what you think?

You're right, it proves nothing. In the same way a black car doesn't prove that wallabies eat rhinos for breakfast. But I agree it is a clever sequence

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Anyway, I wouldn't lose sleep over putting too much weight into it. The idea of Dyson Sphere type worlds is not new to science fiction or fantasy settings. Since its a fantasy realm, it's setting is simply used to make it spectacular, not as some type of disclosure by the writers of some secret fact about our world.

Heck, I think too many folks put way to much merit into script writers use of conspiracy and fiction themes, trying to say that they are trying to send messages out and the like. In reality, those guys are on a schedule to write, and they go to all sorts of venues to get inspiration for their works. If its a neat conspiracy theory, then it makes for good TV. I wouldn't be surprised if we had professional writers on ATS all the time. If it generates a bunch more conspiracy theories, that is exactly what they want, because its free publicity for them.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Hence why I said from the start that I don't believe it prooves anything. Nor that I would lose my sleep over it for sure

I wouldn't rule out hollow earth as much as ruling out anything else i can or can't prove.

Just I was curious how many others have noticed it and whether or not would have any connection with the story... I did put it on conspiracies cause you never know what many of the great members of ATS could dig out.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Wow never noticed that... The show is intriguing Tarian is the best character LOL

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981
Plus the star/sun in the middle of it... yea I doubt it myself there is something else in it but it does raise some questions on the idea behind it!

However think how cool it would be if that was reality and the dragons were hidden inside earth hence all the myths etc... ahhh one can only dream i guess

the dinosaurs are inside the hollow earth, their bodies drown in the earth and due to earthquakes sometimes they show up on our side

thats an interesting concept too eh?

new topics

top topics

join