It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO photographed over Maisons-Alfort (France)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This picture was sent by the mother of the little 11 years-old girl that took it almost two years ago to the GEIPAN (which is a unit of the French Space Agency CNES whose brief is to investigate unidentified aerospace phenomena (UAP aka UFO) and make its findings available to the public.)

I strongly suspect that this is a plane (with the green and red nav lights on the wings [3 and 4 on the second picture below]) views under certain circumstances that gives to it a strange aspect. I was especially thinking of the "long exposure" effect:

Helicopter with search-lights shoot at a 6s exposure rate

The exposure time here was 1/4s and the flash did not fired. The original photo can be found here

That was the 26th October 2010, 10.30PM and the little girl haven't noticed anything unusual while taking the shoot, except a very bright flash at the exact moment of the shoot. There was no sound at the moment (but the window was closed).

I was wondering if a 1/4s exposure shoot would be enough to impress this way the ccd sensor and create this (flat) triangular black shape.

What are your thoughts?

edit on 29-5-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Id like to hear some more from the original article about the picture. Do you have a source?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The phoenix lights come to mind - nice find op

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Id like to hear some more from the original article about the picture. Do you have a source?

This is exclusive news as it directly comes from a GEIPAN source, which is a friend of mine.

I can copy/paste the original info if you want to, but there's nothing more!!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The second image you posted fits exactly the description of a UFO in a report by pilot Ray Bowyer who dared to talk and tell what he saw. Cigar shaped object with plane windows. One third is darker, two third super bright. I think it's related to the so-called "Jersey sighting" (not sure though)

It in this documentary at 56'55'' (french content sorry but the testimony is in english)

Interesting.

Peace

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Well if he is a friend of yours ask him what case is this.

Geipan has online their ufo files since 2007 i think. If not we cant proceed any more than speculating what it is.

If he this is direct from Geipan they will know which case it is.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Could it be a lenticular cloud?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
An alien encounter from the same town in France (in 1975) see case 58 the craft spotted at the time is similar to the one in the op

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMSAM
Well if he is a friend of yours ask him what case is this.

Geipan has online their ufo files since 2007 i think. If not we cant proceed any more than speculating what it is.

If he this is direct from Geipan they will know which case it is.

I think you misunderstood me. This case is not on-line yet anywhere, even in the GEIPAN on-line files.
Again, it's exclusive as this case wasn't disclosed yet.
Also, you have the original photo to study at.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by yanhao200

Stop spamming all over

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CityFarmer
The second image you posted fits exactly the description of a UFO in a report by pilot Ray Bowyer who dared to talk and tell what he saw.

As he mentioned, the second image is a 6 second exposure of a helicopter with its search light on.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Very interesting photo

It looks to me as if it could be a triangular shaped TR-3B ?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
ATLEAST its a pic of SOMETHING besides a dot in the sky at night........

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Wow if that was a plane it would have to have been flying at an extremely LOW altitude. It would be good to hear from the little girl who took the picture and see what she saw or heard that made her take the picture.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
This picture was sent by the mother of the little 11 years-old girl that took it almost two years ago to the GEIPAN (which is a unit of the French Space Agency CNES whose brief is to investigate unidentified aerospace phenomena (UAP aka UFO) and make its findings available to the public.)

I strongly suspect that this is a plane (with the green and red nav lights on the wings [3 and 4 on the second picture below]) views under certain circumstances that gives to it a strange aspect. I was especially thinking of the "long exposure" effect:

Helicopter with search-lights shoot at a 6s exposure rate

The exposure time here was 1/4s and the flash did not fired. The original photo can be found here

That was the 26th October 2010, 10.30PM and the little girl haven't noticed anything unusual while taking the shoot, except a very bright flash at the exact moment of the shoot. There was no sound at the moment (but the window was closed).

I was wondering if a 1/4s exposure shoot would be enough to impress this way the ccd sensor and create this (flat) triangular black shape.

What are your thoughts?

1st image looks like a B2 to me. Possible alternate explanation being the next gen successor to the B2.
edit on 29-5-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by gavron

Originally posted by CityFarmer
The second image you posted fits exactly the description of a UFO in a report by pilot Ray Bowyer who dared to talk and tell what he saw.

As he mentioned, the second image is a 6 second exposure of a helicopter with its search light on.

Yep I saw that afterwards. But it looks so flat and long. Like a fuselage. What helicopter model would it be?

I find it weird that a 6 second exposure photography renders still window's lights. It would mean the photographer used a tripod and the helicopter didn't move AT ALL for 6 seconds.

Everyone tried once to take a long exposure picture, it's really hard to shoot if you or the object shake a tiny bit. SO 6 seconds would make the helico at least slightly blur nope? What do you think?

EDIT

This is a big wheel with a 2 second exposure. We all know how slow are these boring wheels.

So I'm just wondering how a 6 seconds (not 2) shot of a hovering helicopter by night can render lights that are so still with perfectly defined windows lights.

The question is: can a helicopter not move at all (and I mean not at ALL) for a period of time, without any green/red/whatever color lightning on?

If yes, I'd like to know which helicopter would have such a shape and windows set (as it is supposed then to be completely still — we are therefore looking at its actual shape)

Please someone make me smarter

edit on 30-5-2012 by CityFarmer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Maisons-Alfort is 3 kms from Paris. Several millions live in a 10 km radius area.
It's surprising this incident didn't get more attention, you'd expect a lot of witnesses. It raises doubts about the pic authenticity to me.
A reflection can be seen in the window, apparently the photographer. She doesn't look like a little girl but it's subjective.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Might be a flying wing looking at the first photo.
Second and third are not the sighting I assume.

Check the Hudson Valley flying wing re creation on the old unsolved mysteries
TV series probably up on youtube if you don't think it possible.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
both images are taken from the chinese sighting a year or two ago and photoshopped into this picture ffs

cant believe none of you guys caught on, i thought you guys were experts

probably just too crazy for your own good

top topics

<<   2 >>

join