It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry Did Awesome !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I am joking. I am joking.

But newsweek is not.

Here is an excerpt from their article:

This was Kerry�s best performance since, perhaps, ever. Like Lazarus, he is back from the dead. He energized his own Democratic base, which had begun to drift away in despair. Democrats now believe he has a chance to win. Standing alongside Bush, he showed himself to be more than up to the task.

Really?

Newsweek shows it's true reason to put Bush up to 11 points. So they can bring the polls down.

The Truth:The polls did not change much.

In my opinion:

I THINK KERRY SLIGHTLY BEAT OUT BUSH, but I do not think Kerry will WIN the election.

Another quality unbiased newsweek article.

Edit: Link: www.msnbc.msn.com...
Edit:Grammar
[edit on 2-10-2004 by MysticalUnicorn]

[edit on 2-10-2004 by MysticalUnicorn]

[edit on 2-10-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The world consists of talkers and doers. Which would you prefer to protect your home?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Bush is a doer. I love Bush. In no way am I saying Kerry is better. I was talking about how Newsweek and other media outlets are biased.

"Kerry did Awesome" is a SARCASTIC remark.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Mystical: I understood your thread as sarcasm, my post was more for those who read the thread. There is a belief that the cleverest and most wonderful man becomes President. That the best debater convinces the majority of the nation to vote for him. In theory thats what could happen, in relaity people vote with their aspirations and fear.

Adlai Stevenson was one of the most brilliant candidates for president but he never won. Just as kerry could never win by winning a debate. the incumbent always holds the advantage.

In conclusion though I want to leave you with a quote by Adlai Stevenson when he accepted the Democratic nomination for President -
" "Let's tell them the truth, that there are no gains without pains, that we are now on the eve of great decisions, not easy decisions, like resistance when you are attacked, but a long patient, costly struggle which alone can assure triumph over the great enemies of man-war, poverty, and tyranny-and the assaults upon human dignity which are the most grievous consequences of each."

hey where do I get to vote for Adlai?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Was it so much that Kerry was "awesome", or that Bush was lame? I'd vote for the second. I wasn't overly impressed by either candidate, but Bush looked like he didn't know what he was doing, and Kerry simply capitalized on that.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It seems to me that Dems are ecstatic over the so-called 'debate'. I must say that Bush wasn't at his peak, but why should he be. He's got the election wrapped up.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
It seems to me that Dems are ecstatic over the so-called 'debate'. I must say that Bush wasn't at his peak, but why should he be. He's got the election wrapped up.

Yes, I agree with you. I knew it was coming when Time and Newsweek showed Bush 12 points up.

John Kerry did not crush Bush. That's what he needed to do.

I think this disgusting, but I am not cancelling my NEWSWEEK subscription because I wan't my free gift.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It wasn't that Kerry was awesome, it was that he didn't suck as bad as he was predicted to do, even by his own people! While he lied his ass off, his demeanor was not bad, which is what most voters look at anyway. They don't give a hoot what the candidates say, just HOW they say it. Kerry lied no less than 17 times, and one of the biggest was when he said we had spent 200 billion on the war in Iraq. Not even close. The actual figure is 120 billion, 80 billion short of his lie. That's a lot...nearly HALF!!!

Too bad people have no idea what was actually said...

top topics

join