It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Report. St. George Island, FL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
So, this happened right near me, and it was literally in the backyard of a lady that works for me, but she doesn't think it was a UFO. To put it in her words, "Those tourists are always seeing something crazy on the island."

Anyhow, I thought I would share anyway. The photo doesn't look like a typical contrail, it is a little to straight, thick, and defined. It was probably an aircraft from one of the many, many military bases and bombing ranges in the area, but who knows?

Right down the road in the Gulf Breeze / Navarre area is a hotbed for both UFO and USO sightings, so maybe this could be related?

Here is the story. There is a photo if you click the link.

ST. GEORGE ISLAND — Tourists on St. George Island claim to have encountered visitors from further away than the typical vacationer.

On May 10, someone posted an account of a close encounter with something unknown in the sky over Franklin County:

“I like to get great sunset pictures, from the Florida coast, so every night at the beach house I would go up on top to the viewing area to watch the sunset, to see if it would be a memorable one or not…

“… as I was looking northwest to watch for the sunset, an object which appeared to be a black orb with a flaming bottom streaked over my head from out over the Gulf, headed inland. I pointed my camera at it and zoomed the lens, and snapped a picture, before the object was beyond my sight. There was no sound at all. I have no idea how high the object was but it appeared to be about airplane height.”

Another source with a better photo and enhancement.

For those not familiar with the history of UFO's along the Florida Panhandle, here are some links to get you up to speed.

Wiki: Gulf Breeze UFO Incident --> Gulf Breeze is probably 120 miles from St. George Island, right down the coast, with 3 military bases in between.

Worldwide attention on Gulf Breeze UFOs

Some of the Gulf Breeze stuff has been proven to be hoaxes, while some other stuff is still pretty impressive. I especially like the USO stuff from the area.

On another note, my brother used to take a little skiff out in Pensacola Bay, and he had something enormous rise up out of the water directly below his boat. He heard a humming noise, and then his little boat began to lift up, and he steered into what he thought was just a wave or swell, but it became so large that his boat couldn't climb the hill, so he had to steer away and almost surf down the surface of the wave. He never saw it, he only heard it, and then it went back down below the water. He was scared and shocked, and especially creeped out that it didn't seem to cause any ripples or waves on the water either before or after the incident. He thinks it could have been a submarine visiting the NAS-Pensacola, but that would be highly unusual. He never found an explanation for it.

The Emerald Coast / Panhandle of Florida is an interesting place.

edit on 29-5-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It does resemble other things seen in that area.

Destination Truth did a show trying to debunk it.

More investigation of this is needed.

S&F

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
It does resemble other things seen in that area.

Destination Truth did a show trying to debunk it.

More investigation of this is needed.

S&F

Awesome thanks!

I did a search, but the firewall won't let me click on the links that come up. It appears there are several programs including "Fact of Faked" and a "Destination Truth" and some Hulu video of UFO's in the area.

I did a Google search for "destination truth gulf breeze ufo" and it brought up several good results.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Looks to me to be an inter-dimensional opening. Is this happening a lot there. What are the exact co-ordinance of the area.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Looks to me to be an inter-dimensional opening. Is this happening a lot there. What are the exact co-ordinance of the area.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

The Gulf Breeze episode was from Fact or Faked. I think the only episode from Destination Truth from Florida is on the Swamp Ape. That should help you narrow your search if you want to see the clip.

The Fact or Faked episode was from Season 1, Ep. 11. Here is the summary from their website:

Larry, Bill and Jael, meanwhile, head to the UFO-sighting hotbed of Gulf Breeze, FL, to test a video of a triple-tiered UFO-looking object that sped away in a blur. They set up a zip line and secure a model to it, and although their UFO is a dead ringer, the movement is wrong. They make another one and rig it to a remote control helicopter to get vertical as well as horizontal motion. The motion is much better, but the suspension makes it unsteady. Next, they try projecting an image and mimicking motion by way of some tricky camera moves. This time, they get the results they were looking for to a tee - looks like this one was a hoax. syfy.com

-----------------------------

That is one crazy story from your brother! I can't even imaging something like that happening.

Hopefully this year my husband and I can return to the Gulf area for vacation (last trip 2010) and if so, I'll keep my cameras handy!

OiO

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The thing that sticks out for me is " The alleged photo was not posted with the report."
If the picture wasn't posted to MUFON then no check of the originals EXIF data can be made which is suspicious , I agree that the line looks to perfectly straight for a con trail and may be an indication of image manipulation .

edit on 29-5-2012 by gortex because: Edit to correct

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by prophetboy12

That is a good question. There have been many strange things happening near here lately. One of the big Hum videos was taken about 30 miles from the island. There are always reports of strange lights along here.

Here are the coordinates:
Coordinates: 29°43′30″N 84°44′17″W / 29.725°N 84.73806°W / 29.725; -84.73806W

They came from the Wiki Page for the island.

Here is the thread about the 20 minute hum/rumbling from last March. It was a very good video, and you could tell the people were obviously disturbed and frightened. It sounded like an approaching tornado, but none were reported.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by prophetboy12

There is also the Wakulla Volcano mystery very near here that has persisted for 100 years or so. It may have been smoldering swamp peat, or it may have been an actual volcanic vent. Sometimes it was accompanied by bright lights, but they never definitively found the source of it.

In exactly the same area is the Tate's Hell State Forest. This is a forest and swamp land famous for being so brutal it was considered hell. Between the alligators, mosquitoes, cougars, rattle snakes, intense heat, and quick sand, it was considered inpenetrable for years.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by prophetboy12

A what? An 'inter-dimensional opening'? What makes you think
it's that? Have you ever seen one of those things before?
And wtih things I mean 'inter-dimensional openings'.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
A camera pointed towards the sea his black dot is most likely a seabird!

I also cant believe when people make claims on ufo sites re speed, size etc when they dont have enough info.

If you don't have an object of known size near to compare with or know the exact distance YOU cant work out speed, size etc.
edit on 29-5-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

I'm not too big a fan of the usual UFO videos either, but even a naive tourist can tell the difference between a sea bird and a craft supposedly shooting fire and zooming overhead. They saw the craft before they took the photo. If they just took the photo and then claimed it was something odd, then I might agree with you, but since they saw something unexplainable, and then took the photo, I have to think it was more than a sea bird.

Like I said before, it was likely a military craft from one of the many local bases in the area. It might have been an aircraft, or a munition from an aircraft firing at the many gulf ranges, but I doubt it was a sea bird.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by wmd_2008

I'm not too big a fan of the usual UFO videos either, but even a naive tourist can tell the difference between a sea bird and a craft supposedly shooting fire and zooming overhead. They saw the craft before they took the photo. If they just took the photo and then claimed it was something odd, then I might agree with you, but since they saw something unexplainable, and then took the photo, I have to think it was more than a sea bird.

Like I said before, it was likely a military craft from one of the many local bases in the area. It might have been an aircraft, or a munition from an aircraft firing at the many gulf ranges, but I doubt it was a sea bird.

Only one photo a little black dot
on a thread on here a member reported seeing a ufo he was in his van with his brother going to work iirc BOTH saw the same object at the same time yet the descriptions were different

Take what people CLAIM with a pinch of salt!

top topics

join