It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill C-38 protest has 13,000 websites going dark

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Your leaving out the fact your government borrowed more than it could afford to pay back, because like other governments they can't tell their people NO for their own good. The people get used to the handouts and come to expect them.

Reality is that it is a solvable problem, but not as long as politicians have to buy votes with handouts and childish minds in the population can't comprehend the fact that the government is broke. The give me, give me crowd are in fact childish in their wants and demands and at some point, somebody must say NO.

What's happening to Greece is self inflicted by the people as much as the politicians. They attempted to have a higher standard of living than they can afford to support. Same as any young couple spending beyond their income; there comes a point when you have to pay the piper. It's as naive and dishonest as those who think they should be able to stay in their houses here in the US even though they can't pay the money back they borrowed. It's the same old the world owes me mentality.

Canada has been headed down a good path and it would be sad to see a bunch of give me, give me childish adults derail that by forcing your leaders to pander for their support.

As to the kiddies in the hoods and such, they are children no matter what their physical age. Some will mature, others will be future prison inmates and general thorns in the sides of everyone.

Hi Blaine, I am sure you are an excellent human being, but your American narrow view "of giving all the money to the wealthy" of the world may be right for your country but probably not right for the rest of the world. In Canada our relative tax rate is much higher than yours and we happily choose to pay more taxes for the services we get. There is plenty of money in Canada to cover things like healthcare, pensions, and employment insurance. The government just has to choose where to spend the money. Canada does not need to spend 35 billion dollars for ships nor 35 billion in jets. Who do we need to defend ourselves against....you, our best friends, China or Russia, more of our trading partners?
Canada has the best source of oil in the world, it is safe, stable, and secure. No oceans to pollute like the Horizon no air to pollute like Tepco and no Arab terrorists to deal with and Canada has more oil than all the Middle East combined.
Canada can afford to look after the needy and be a companionate society its just a choice!
brice

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Your leaving out the fact your government borrowed more than it could afford to pay back, because like other governments they can't tell their people NO for their own good. The people get used to the handouts and come to expect them.

The government sold out our profit making nationalized commodity industries long ago. If these were still in place, we would be in much better shape. What I am talking about specifically is electrical utilities, many road systems, the bank of canada, petrocan, control of water resources, control of lumber resources, etc. The privatization of Canadian assets into the hands of corporate intersts, like Paul deMarais has killed this colony (let's be clear, it's not a country).

Reality is that it is a solvable problem, but not as long as politicians have to buy votes with handouts and childish minds in the population can't comprehend the fact that the government is broke. The give me, give me crowd are in fact childish in their wants and demands and at some point, somebody must say NO.

It's solvable alright, dissolve the centrals, charge the politicians and their handlers with treason. It's either that or forgive all debts worldwide without making a single World Government and currency. The system needs to be reset and if that costs the oligarchs and monarchs their "fortunes," tough, they need to get over themselves.

What's happening to Greece is self inflicted by the people as much as the politicians. They attempted to have a higher standard of living than they can afford to support. Same as any young couple spending beyond their income; there comes a point when you have to pay the piper. It's as naive and dishonest as those who think they should be able to stay in their houses here in the US even though they can't pay the money back they borrowed. It's the same old the world owes me mentality.

Greece looks like an engineered failure by the IMF as an experiment in how far they can push people into austerity and totalitarian rule. You do try to divert and play turn-around by using Greece and handouts, but let's look at queen elizabet and the inbred monarchy, they are probably the most expensive welfare family on the planet, talk about hand-outs and useless eaters, huh? And what about cristine laugare (sp?) the IMF bitch from hell and her constant moaning about the Greeks not paying their taxes while of course, she doesn't, hypocrisy at its finest? Or maybe just more "entitlement theater" of the rich and moronic?

Canada has been headed down a good path and it would be sad to see a bunch of give me, give me childish adults derail that by forcing your leaders to pander for their support.

We need to make it clear to our alleged "leaders" that by pandering to the international banks, IMF, BIS, etc. they are destroying our countries. Like I said, the federal income tax covers servicing the debt interest, how bloody stupid is that?

As to the kiddies in the hoods and such, they are children no matter what their physical age. Some will mature, others will be future prison inmates and general thorns in the sides of everyone.

So, what's your point, fools will be fools and some fools will wake up and make something of themselves, so what?

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Your absolutely correct. 90% of our public debt is compound interest. Our country pays 120million a day/65 billion a year to the private banking cartel. That is -our money- that is being wasted. That is enough to give ENOURMOUS boosts to our social structure, create jobs, improve the healthcare system that has been in a tailspin for years. Yet we have the bank of canada act that allows the government to print its own money at zero interest.. huh.. what seems better?

Im getting tired of it. So tired. Im so mad. Sometimes its hard to control myself. I just read a nice article right here about the 'Night of casseroles' that has spread into canada. I almost teared up a little when i read the part that said "This will be the first of many casseroles nights across Canada. Once Quebec student students stop the tuition hike and Law 78, we're all going to Stop Harper together"

Stop harper.. Its seriously come to this point where i fear for my country. I don't want this. Anyone who does is frankly INSANE.

I am currently making pamphlets to hand out, i think this casseroles thing is really.. i dunno.. Canadian
, I hope it takes off. Because we do need to stop harper.

It seems like the internet is in a rage.
The physical world is in a rage.

I love it

edit on 31/5/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The only people (citizens) who are actively supporting or ignoring this legislation are far left wing idiots. Why is that? Harper is a friend to the left if anything.
He certainly isn't a conservative by any stretch of the imagination.
The lefts solution to life is regulation and tax. If they had their way, we would all be slaves, which leaves us in a funny predicament next election.
The trap is set.
If Mulcair is the "solution" then count me out

I actually liked jack layton somewhat compared to the others in politics. But alas, he is gone. RIP
edit on 31-5-2012 by HamrHeed because: spelling

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed
The only people (citizens) who are actively supporting or ignoring this legislation are far left wing idiots. Why is that? Harper is a friend to the left if anything.
He certainly isn't a conservative by any stretch of the imagination.
The lefts solution to life is regulation and tax. If they had their way, we would all be slaves, which leaves us in a funny predicament next election.
The trap is set.
If Mulcair is the "solution" then count me out

I actually liked jack layton somewhat compared to the others in politics. But alas, he is gone. RIP
edit on 31-5-2012 by HamrHeed because: spelling

The communist party, NDP is not the solution any more than the fascists conservatives are. If you think clearly the center party offers the best solutions to Canada's needs. They have policies that balances Canadian social needs like environmental regulations, commitment to maintaining healthcare, pensions and other social services and our need for business to succeed in the world market place. Remember the federal Liberals are not affiliated in any way with the moronic provincial parties that have agendas of their own. Don't forget the Liberals turned over a 13 billion dollar surplus to the Harper government. Canadians suffered through austerity for 5 or 6 years only to have Harper Government squander it away. I love my Country, it is unique balance of capitalism and caring and I would hate to see it swing to one side or the other.
brice

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

The government has disgusted me for a long long time. I really started finding out about government corruption in the Mulroney years. They implemented SRTC tax credits that allowed all the major corporations to sell "tax credits" to stimulate R&D, but it was really just to give big companies (friends of government) tax breaks while putting the onus on smaller companies, who ended up hold the taxes and the penalties. Happened to a company I was under contract with, they received a 20 million dollar tax credit in the form of about $2.5 million. The tax rate on $20 million is about $9.6 million, so the big company saved $7.1 million and their hands were clean. The little company I had contracts with for $800,000 were expected to take that $2.5 million and turn it into $20 million in research according to the government. This is just no possible, at least highly improbable no matter what kind of wizard is running the show. So moral of the story after I lost $790.500, if it comes out of the government and they say it's going to help, it has nothing to do with helping any of us. Out of the 2,856 that received the government backed SRTC tax credits, 2,852 companies were charged with tax fraud and that's a fact. It was in all the newspapers just before I left for South Africa to work for the military.

Just as a side note, I left for South Africa because of this situation with the government, specifically losing the $790k in government funding related contracts, after I had done the work. When I approached and asked them if they were going to honor my contracts, they told me no, that it was a civil matter and I would have to sue my government SRTC funded client, who they were taking to jail at the time for SRTC tax fraud. That's our government, shift the buck and the responsibility so that they and their friends are the ONLY ONES that will ever make a real profit.

It's only gone downhill since then, more communal assets have been sold off and privatized. More money has been borrowed from the IMF by the government to pay their friends and we are all left holding the bag. The government implements austerity measures because they have to suck more money out of the people they have been screwing over and over and over again. They have to keep the status quo in place otherwise, there will be a lot of people handing over evidence on all the corruption.

When that happens, when the BIG LIE is no longer sustainable, they know it's not a long walk to a court house and probably a rope.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by brice

Hi Blaine, I am sure you are an excellent human being, but your American narrow view "of giving all the money to the wealthy" of the world may be right for your country but probably not right for the rest of the world. In Canada our relative tax rate is much higher than yours and we happily choose to pay more taxes for the services we get. There is plenty of money in Canada to cover things like healthcare, pensions, and employment insurance. The government just has to choose where to spend the money. Canada does not need to spend 35 billion dollars for ships nor 35 billion in jets. Who do we need to defend ourselves against....you, our best friends, China or Russia, more of our trading partners?
Canada has the best source of oil in the world, it is safe, stable, and secure. No oceans to pollute like the Horizon no air to pollute like Tepco and no Arab terrorists to deal with and Canada has more oil than all the Middle East combined.
Canada can afford to look after the needy and be a companionate society its just a choice!
brice

Shutup you are going to get us killed

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
On Saturday June 03 hundreds of protesters turned out in protest of the blackmark Bill c-38. There was 74 non-partisan actions across the country of Canadians fighting for what is left of our democracy. Here are some photos of the protesters outside their respective constituancy offices.
pictures here

edit on 3-6-2012 by brice because: incorrect picture directory

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Thanks for all the info on this bill - so encompassing -- we hear no details from the press or even the MLAs.. go figure.
On June 15th, some cities held protests and mock funerals in protest.
Saskatoon's was so well organized; many creative youth as well.

Over 200 people staged a mock funeral procession complete with casket & pallbearers, a bagpiper, led by the 'grim reaper', through downtown Saskatoon Friday over the noon hour ... got next to zero for press.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

Great turn out! thanks for sharing. The only way we are going to make changes is by getting people out to vote. Apathy got The Honourable Harper (c) a majority government, anger can get him out.
Even the E.U. bitch slapped him at the G20 in Mexico and told the self proclaimed economics wizard to shut up and mind his own business! Besides it was The Honourable Paul Martin (L) that turned over the banks in fine financial order, it was the Harper Government that squandered away the surplus and left Canadians with the biggest deficit in history!
brice

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by brice

Ya know I still have a few questions over the results of that election.. but I guess thats another topic, same pile of sh#te.

I thought TILMA er I mean the New West Partnership covered all that sell-out stuff, but I guess they needed even more crud to fling at the citizens.

Finding as per naturally the biggest question everyone has is WTH is a bill C-38?
Have found 2 videos that explain it the best, so far.. will be sending this one out far and wide, hope they listen

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

Makes me want to shed a tear as everything the narrator says it 100% true.
Sad times!
brice

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Here's your Harper.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister1k
Here's your Harper.

The reason he saw a UFO cause he came from a UFO?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join