It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greece to Leave Euro Zone on June 18

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by adnachiel21
Farewell Greeks,waves.
Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.
That's what happens when not paying taxes,rampant nepotism and digging graves for your neighbors is your national sport.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

Hi ALDA, thanks for your posts, it's always good to hear opinion from the source, 'the truth about Greece' was very interesting. That little thing about unpaid war reparations from WW2 doesn't seem to get mentioned in the MSM, neither does the fact that the euro currency has allowed Germany to export millions of mercedes and bmws across the world as a result of the inequalities between the various member economies.
As I see it, you could stick with the euro and face more or less permanent austerity, or go back to the drachma and face a few years of austerity.
I holidayed on Crete a few years ago, the food and hospitality were superb, horse riding in the mountains, Knossos, a memorable experience.
Good luck with the election, best wishes for the future.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by macaronicaesar

Have a tissue and go wipe your tears in the corner.Do you live in Greece,are you Greek,have you even been there?I don't think so.
Incoherent?Is that why you have -6000 points on ATS?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by adnachiel21
reply to post by macaronicaesar

Have a tissue and go wipe your tears in the corner.Do you live in Greece,are you Greek,have you even been there?I don't think so.
Incoherent?Is that why you have -6000 points on ATS?

you are preety sad individual

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by paganini

Originally posted by bigyin
The sooner they leave the Euro the sooner us Brits can go back to Greece on holiday, maybe start buying properties again. The beaches will be packed, the hotels will be packed, and all will be good.

well its certainly touching that your biggest concern is your vacations

Fail .... Brits go vacations, but they don't go to Greece ..... they go to Turkey, or Bulgaria, or Egypt ......

did you spot the common denominator ? ...... not in the Euro, therefore cheap for Brits.

I used to enjoy going to Corfu, but not been for ages.

Let us know when the penny drops !

edit on 30-5-2012 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by paganini

Originally posted by bigyin
The sooner they leave the Euro the sooner us Brits can go back to Greece on holiday, maybe start buying properties again. The beaches will be packed, the hotels will be packed, and all will be good.

well its certainly touching that your biggest concern is your vacations

One of Greece's main sources of income is Tourism. If people are concerned to visit because of the current climate then that is good for no one.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Just wondered if anyone had seen this report?

Greek Euro Exit Ramifications

Terrible if they stay, even worse if they leave........

ETA:

This was released yesterday by the Greek Central Bank.
edit on 30-5-2012 by Flavian because: info

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981

really? then maybe you have complete lack of knowledge how the biggest scams CAME from european countries and their goverments... do you know anything about the SIEMENS scam? you know from those GOOD GERMAN PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW THE RULES... you know anything about the dysfunctional submarines that were sold to Greece for billions out of our pockets even though both sides KNEW they wouldnt work...

Alda (even my name is more greek then yours. Are you sure you're greek or just someone who lives in Greece and is being more greek then greeks?), I'm very knowledgeable about the history, especially of that part of the world. Is nothing new in the fact that Europian powers have always screwed countries like Greece or its neighbours or a lot of other small countries. As it's also a fact how they created Greece to be their protectorate. So no mystery there. Now at this point, the rhetoric is futile and wouldn't bring anything creative to the thread. Most of all, is important to understand the roots of this problem and in my help comes a greek guy from Freeinquiry. I think he has nailed it and I take his word as it confirms what I know. That being said, if you've got a problem with the material then blame the source, not the source bringer. lol

THE SOCIO-CULTURAL ROOTS OF THE GREEK ECONOMIC CRISIS

The economic crisis in Greece which threatens to act as a locomotive power that will force most of the countries in the european south to exit the Eurozone, has triggered many discussions and predictions concerning the future of Europe as an entity. Numerous analyses find their way to the media on a daily basis, all attempting to explain the repercussions of Greece’s inability to reform and lead itself to an economic growth that will eventually free the country from the constantly increasing need of borrowing money to satisfy its basic needs.

However, all those reports and economic analyses have something in common. They fail to deeply examine the socio-cultural roots of the greek crisis. If one does not take into account the idiosyncrasy and the psycho-synthesis of the modern greek people, will just miss the point.....

Those two political parties hired thousands of unqualified individuals to work in the public sector. The regimes borrowed money from the European Union to finance the fat salaries and the special privileges of their public servant armies. Prosperity in the private sector came only if it interweaved with the public one. No matter what somebody did, no matter what public service he wished to have, he simply couldn’t have it unless he bribed. Bureaucracy and corruption have always been interwoven.

The degree of corruption in modern Greece is by far higher than the one in many Asian, South American and African countries. The country stopped producing anything since ¼ of its workforce was employed by the state. Finding a job in the public sector became every young person’s dream. It was no longer important what academic credentials one had. What mattered was what kind of political connections he had so as to be placed somewhere in the public sector where he would be handsomely paid without doing anything! The populist rhetoric applied by both those political parties created a new kind of roman-like ethics among the people. Undoubtedly, this grotesque political system is a unique modern greek invention. Having conservative (right wing, anti-communist) regimes with a stalinistic approach of implementing the authority of the state is something that can only be found in the country of Greece....

www.freeinquiry.gr...

ledebat.ca...
edit on 30-5-2012 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos

really? then maybe you have complete lack of knowledge how the biggest scams CAME from european countries and their goverments... do you know anything about the SIEMENS scam? you know from those GOOD GERMAN PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW THE RULES... you know anything about the dysfunctional submarines that were sold to Greece for billions out of our pockets even though both sides KNEW they wouldnt work...

Alda (even my name is more greek then yours. Are you sure you're greek or just someone who lives in Greece and is being more greek then greeks?), I'm very knowledgeable about the history, especially of that part of the world. Is nothing new in the fact that Europian powers have always screwed countries like Greece or its neighbours or a lot of other small countries. As it's also a fact how they created Greece to be their protectorate. So no mystery there. Now at this point, the rhetoric is futile and wouldn't bring anything creative to the thread. Most of all, is important to understand the roots of this problem and in my help comes a greek guy from Freeinquiry. I think he has nailed it and I take his word as it confirms what I know. That being said, if you've got a problem with the material then blame the source, not the source bringer. lol

THE SOCIO-CULTURAL ROOTS OF THE GREEK ECONOMIC CRISIS

The economic crisis in Greece which threatens to act as a locomotive power that will force most of the countries in the european south to exit the Eurozone, has triggered many discussions and predictions concerning the future of Europe as an entity. Numerous analyses find their way to the media on a daily basis, all attempting to explain the repercussions of Greece’s inability to reform and lead itself to an economic growth that will eventually free the country from the constantly increasing need of borrowing money to satisfy its basic needs.

However, all those reports and economic analyses have something in common. They fail to deeply examine the socio-cultural roots of the greek crisis. If one does not take into account the idiosyncrasy and the psycho-synthesis of the modern greek people, will just miss the point.....

Those two political parties hired thousands of unqualified individuals to work in the public sector. The regimes borrowed money from the European Union to finance the fat salaries and the special privileges of their public servant armies. Prosperity in the private sector came only if it interweaved with the public one. No matter what somebody did, no matter what public service he wished to have, he simply couldn’t have it unless he bribed. Bureaucracy and corruption have always been interwoven.

The degree of corruption in modern Greece is by far higher than the one in many Asian, South American and African countries. The country stopped producing anything since ¼ of its workforce was employed by the state. Finding a job in the public sector became every young person’s dream. It was no longer important what academic credentials one had. What mattered was what kind of political connections he had so as to be placed somewhere in the public sector where he would be handsomely paid without doing anything! The populist rhetoric applied by both those political parties created a new kind of roman-like ethics among the people. Undoubtedly, this grotesque political system is a unique modern greek invention. Having conservative (right wing, anti-communist) regimes with a stalinistic approach of implementing the authority of the state is something that can only be found in the country of Greece....

www.freeinquiry.gr...

ledebat.ca...
edit on 30-5-2012 by Telos because: (no reason given)

making fun of my name of trying to tell me I am not greek is kinda wrong approach... see? i just highlighted the fact you can't speak your language... its THAN not THEN... what did that brought to the table now? you called me names, i called you illiterate.. so?

Here's something to help you

on the serious note now, you show me a paper written by a Greek saying things that have NOTHING to do with the fact that the citizens are being screwed for decades. You show me the doings of the politicians. I really don't get what you really want to say or prove... that we as citizens deserve to work more than all europe and be called lazy and non tax payers whilst we do? That 30% of Greeks are unemployed and 50% of young man are unemployed?

What exactly you try to tell me in all those posts?
edit on 30-5-2012 by Alda1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
Just wondered if anyone had seen this report?

Greek Euro Exit Ramifications

Terrible if they stay, even worse if they leave........

ETA:

This was released yesterday by the Greek Central Bank.
edit on 30-5-2012 by Flavian because: info

Does anybody expect a bank to say anything else but to stay in the Euro. The banks would be hit hardest if Greece reverts to the Drachma. At the moment they make massive commissions moving bailout funds around. All that would stop and bankers would have to find real jobs instead.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

so dont tell me that everything is good and right and greeks did it wrong and we should be having freaking 362 euro salaries and work 10-12 hours a day when those money aint enough even for shoping at the prices of this EUROPEAN country...

OH NO A 10hour work day?

try working 16 hours 6 days a week like alot of us
americans so we can provide well
for our families...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

so dont tell me that everything is good and right and greeks did it wrong and we should be having freaking 362 euro salaries and work 10-12 hours a day when those money aint enough even for shoping at the prices of this EUROPEAN country...

OH NO A 10hour work day?

try working 16 hours 6 days a week like alot of us
americans so we can provide well
for our families...

Dude... I am working for living... i am not living for working.. you wanna be a slave be my guest... you are the citizens that have accepted the biggest scams in the world and still go like sheeps. You are actually believing you do Gods work when sending army to Afghanistan and Iraq... I mean what else can I discuss with this kind of mindset?

and by the way

Working Hours of Greeks by BBC

Anything else to please the Europeans?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Fact 1: It is illegal for ANY EU country to kick out another EU country. There is no chance for that UNLESS one country wants to leave by itself.

Fact 2: No it won't happen. If they wanted us out of Euro it would have been done long ago. They simply milk the cow (greek citizens incl. myself) to see how low we can go. Should Hellas leave euro then all hell will break loose. The stock markets of spain portugal itally will collapse and then goodbye eurozone. It simply wont happen.

Fact 1: It WAS also illegal to bail out any EU country - they just quietly rewrote the laws to suit the needs of the IMF, ECB, Germany and the Banking cartels that continue to funnel money out of the country.

Fact 2: The Greek government will be elected by the people, the people have already expressed their wish to leave the Euro currency through recent voting choices. If the elected government fails to comply what do we all imagine will happen?

Whether the new Greek government accepts that the people wish to abandon the € or not, they will be forced to do it either through compliance to the wishes of the people, or by yet another revolution. Quite frankly, I believe the Greeks will abandon the € if they want to, by consent of their elected government or by revolution if they refuse to follow that demand.

Lets also not forget that the € currency is a separate issue from the EU.

However, countries are now looking at becoming protectionist in Europe. The UK has already started the ball rolling to stop a mass migration into the UK from Spain, Portugal, France and Greece. If the Euro collapses, you can imagine the chaos we will have in the following months as millions of people try to flock to the UK. Germany will be in the same position, as will other EU nations.

When the € collapses and people start to move, that could very well force a complete disbanding of the EU as a migration zone. It simply will not be possible for a small nation like the UK to support all those millions of people wishing to leave their own collapsed economy behind them. That's assuming the £ will survive a collapse of the € which is something I actually doubt.

This is far more complex than people are understanding. If the € collapses many large banking institutions will likely go with it over night. Trade will halt, and for a country like the UK that imports so much energy and produce it will mean massive disruption to food and energy supplies. A market collapse would almost end London overnight. This will cause rifts and economic warfare (which we are technically already experiencing) with other nations.

Remember other countries and their continuing problems with fuel lines from Russia? These things are used as political footballs by those in power. Unless your country can sustain itself, you're screwed.

And remember the collapse of the Icelandic banking system, when London and numerous local authorities in the UK lost billions of £'s.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. There are hundreds of thousands of ways in which a collapse of the € could send every nation even as distant as New Zealand into chaos.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

and by the way
Working Hours of Greeks by BBC
Anything else to please the Europeans?

So from your own source Greece allegedly ranks first in hours worked, but ranks 8th in terms of "least productive". Well done, that pretty much sums it up. It's not the number of hours that are worked, its what you produce from all those worked hours. A bloated, self serving and ineffective public sector (that the citizens continued to vote in by means of supportive government) is just as much to blame as the corruption.

brill

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by brill

and I suppose thats the mistake of the citizens right? Dude if you Want to hate greeks just do it openly.... i just showed you that the myth you kept babbling is fake. now you accuse of less productivity. just hate us without excuses cause you dont need any as it seems. dont try to show as if you have real reasons behind. you wanna be blind then be blind. couldnt care less... but when tshtf at the rest of europe remember then that it aint about what citizens have done. its a plan orchestrated from the few who want to make money on the backs of the many. if you read history you would know that. and history repeats itself...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

making fun of my name of trying to tell me I am not greek is kinda wrong approach... see? i just highlighted the fact you can't speak your language... its THAN not THEN... what did that brought to the table now? you called me names, i called you illiterate.. so?

I didn't make fun of your name, I just made an observation and I think I'm right. As for my language, typos don't show illiteracy, just typos. Should I reply with a big LMAO?

on the serious note now, you show me a paper written by a Greek saying things that have NOTHING to do with the fact that the citizens are being screwed for decades. You show me the doings of the politicians. I really don't get what you really want to say or prove... that we as citizens deserve to work more than all europe and be called lazy and non tax payers whilst we do? That 30% of Greeks are unemployed and 50% of young man are unemployed?

What exactly you try to tell me in all those posts?

Nope, I don't mean to say or prove none of what you're implying. Your level of understanding is far worst THAN my illiteracy
What I want to say with the link I've posted is that IF there were more greeks willing to pinpoint and consciously admit the root of the problems as Epikouris does, greek society would be in a different position, firstly by identifying what caused what and after, the right solution to the problem instead of blaming Europe for landing money and "milking" greeks. But that ain't going to happen with the righteous blabber mindset. I don't think greeks are lazy, europians who landed them money do. I don't think greeks should be working harder and pay taxes, europians who landed them money do. I don't think greeks borrowed billions while enjoying their life not doing snip, killing time in the coffee shops and bouzoukis, europians do. You get the difference?

Is it Europe's fault for this:

The regimes borrowed money from the European Union to finance the fat salaries and the special privileges of their public servant armies. Prosperity in the private sector came only if it interweaved with the public one. No matter what somebody did, no matter what public service he wished to have, he simply couldn’t have it unless he bribed. Bureaucracy and corruption have always been interwoven.

or for this:

The degree of corruption in modern Greece is by far higher than the one in many Asian, South American and African countries. The country stopped producing anything since ¼ of its workforce was employed by the state. Finding a job in the public sector became every young person’s dream. It was no longer important what academic credentials one had. What mattered was what kind of political connections he had so as to be placed somewhere in the public sector where he would be handsomely paid without doing anything!

To end this pointless conversation, if you continue to blame Europe for all your mistakes, the problems are there to stay and might get even worst. And what Epikouris ended his rant with:

Greece will never be a purely european country. It can’t be. It doesn’t want to be.

would be just the perfect definition of a long lasting EPITHET !!!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

reply to post by brill

and I suppose thats the mistake of the citizens right? Dude if you Want to hate greeks just do it openly.... i just showed you that the myth you kept babbling is fake. now you accuse of less productivity. just hate us without excuses cause you dont need any as it seems. dont try to show as if you have real reasons behind. you wanna be blind then be blind. couldnt care less... but when tshtf at the rest of europe remember then that it aint about what citizens have done. its a plan orchestrated from the few who want to make money on the backs of the many. if you read history you would know that. and history repeats itself...

I took the source you provided and merely showed that your argument is a massive failure. Don't blame others, perhaps you should check your sources first beforehand. I have no hate for greeks they are people like everyone else, just tired of the incessant whining and begging for hand outs. I think greece should default and stop kicking the can. It will be years perhaps decade of suffering but keeping this donkey show show will be far worse.

brill

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

the people have already expressed their wish to leave the Euro currency through recent voting choices.

No we didn't. Thats just an interpretationof the election's results. The main sense or intention is we want in eurozone without the killer measures. Common logic still exists in Greece what is in inadequacy is hope and vision for the future either in or out the eurozone. Another 10 years of exponential rising in austerity will tear us apart. What we need is what every economy needs and is obvious, more creativity and invention, less slavery.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Fact 1: It is illegal for ANY EU country to kick out another EU country. There is no chance for that UNLESS one country wants to leave by itself.

Fact 2: No it won't happen. If they wanted us out of Euro it would have been done long ago. They simply milk the cow (greek citizens incl. myself) to see how low we can go. Should Hellas leave euro then all hell will break loose. The stock markets of spain portugal itally will collapse and then goodbye eurozone. It simply wont happen.

er, #1 isn't quite correct. Just like any other club, if you misrepresented yourself to get in, you run the risk of being kicked out at any time by the central governing committee, in this case, the central Government in Brussels.

Greece has ADMITTED that they massively falsified numbers to get into the Eurozone. I say, declare their membership in the club null and void.

regarding #2, you're sitting their with your hands over your ears if you think it "simply won't happen" that TPTB will allow Greece to leave the Euro. If the parties are expected get elected on Jun 17, prepare for immediate exit, my friend.

I hope you have some euros (or better yet, British Pounds) stuffed under your mattress. You're going to need them very, very soon.
edit on 31-5-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join