It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travelling Backward in Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I know that travelling forward in time is possible but, what about travelling backward in time?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
yep i was reeding a thread that showed you how to do it i could not get it to work but i do believe it will work with sume practise

here ya go [www.abovetopsecret.com...[/url]

i hope it works for you if you get it to work u2u me and tell me all about it

good luck

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Just to add my 2 cents.

Albert Einstein said that as an object approached the speed of light time would slow down. At the speed of light time would stop and if you could go past the speed of light, time would reverse.

It is also theorized that the intense gravity of a black hole can affect time also.

Please note: these are both theories, as we can not get any mass (beyond a photon-which acts as both mass and a wave) up to, much less beyond the speed of light. And we are even farther from being close enough to a black hole to see what happens.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehomer
I know that travelling forward in time is possible but, what about travelling backward in time?

Care to share how as next weeks lottery numbers would be useful.

If anybody does go forward in time you better not make any future plans as the knock on effect would have some serious consecuences.

Hows life treating you MrMonsoon

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
We are traveling forward in time. If you were to travel back in time a new universe would have to be created. This is based on "The Multiple Universe" theory.

It would be neat, but it would be risky traveling back in time because you might never be able to get back to your own universe.

Perhaps, someone has travelled back in time, and this Universe is just a copy of another.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
interesing theories people im loving them

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Ever heard of John Titor? I think it was all a big fake, but this guy said he was from the future, he traveled back in time to the year 2003/2004 and he posted on a forum answering questions about the future. He even posted a video of him going into his teleport and he showed some pictures of the teleport he traveled in.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minime
Ever heard of John Titor? I think it was all a big fake, but this guy said he was from the future, he traveled back in time to the year 2003/2004 and he posted on a forum answering questions about the future. He even posted a video of him going into his teleport and he showed some pictures of the teleport he traveled in.

Just a pity he didn`t take the camera with him film a few hours in the future and then bring it back to show us.
Guess that would be a bit to difficult.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Please note: these are both theories, as we can not get any mass (beyond a photon-which acts as both mass and a wave) up to, much less beyond the speed of light. And we are even farther from being close enough to a black hole to see what happens.

Photons are massless bundles of energy.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
To travel back in time does not require the making of a new universe. As of now... the only 100% possible way to travel back in time would be to travel at speeds faster than light. If we were to do this, we wouldn't be back in time on Earth... but where you stopped. Say you travel; at twice the speed of light, 4 years from Earth. As soon as you stopped, if you could see earth, you would see it as it was 4 years ago because it took 4 years for that light to get there. There is no way that you could interact on Earth in the past. you woul;d only be able to see it. Also, technically everything we see is from the past. It takes the light from objects nanoseconds to reach our eyes, so everything you see happened like .000000000001 seconds ago...

top topics

join