It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Production of Mayan documentary "Revelations of the Mayans 2012 and Beyond" steeped in intrigue...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

"The use of all footage in both the archeological zones in Calakmul and in the Island of Jaina is unauthorized... cannot be used and is to be returned immediately."

"Filming permits granted by the National Institution of Anthropology and History were given to C. Raul Julia-Levy, which means that the filming performed on the Island of Jaina invaded federal ground."

I don't understand this part... if Julia-Levy had the filming permit then why can't they use the footage? Because someone else other then Julia-Levy did the filming? This doesn't really seem to make sense to me.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

"The use of all footage in both the archeological zones in Calakmul and in the Island of Jaina is unauthorized... cannot be used and is to be returned immediately."

"Filming permits granted by the National Institution of Anthropology and History were given to C. Raul Julia-Levy, which means that the filming performed on the Island of Jaina invaded federal ground."

I don't understand this part... if Julia-Levy had the filming permit then why can't they use the footage? Because someone else other then Julia-Levy did the filming? This doesn't really seem to make sense to me.

This is exactly the RIDDLE in this strange story.

Why the footage in these locations and its presumed archeological discoveries "cannot be used"...?

They want hide something or what?
edit on 30-5-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by reddpill

They're not classified. However, you do need a permit if you want to film at these sites. If you didn't you would constantly have film crews going in and out potentially disturbing or destroying the structures and artifacts.

Ya know... By my research ( not yours... We are not the same person lol) it seems as though the calendar does not end. It seems as though a new cycle is upon us and they spoke about it being a Golden Age?

Do you agree with that so far, and if not ... Why? Thanks, in advance.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

A new cycle begins in that it is the start of another baktun. In this case it will be the 14th baktun. However, there is nothing describing this period as a Golden Age.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by MamaJ

A new cycle begins in that it is the start of another baktun. In this case it will be the 14th baktun. However, there is nothing describing this period as a Golden Age.

Ok then, you have not read or talked with people who describe it as a Golden Age as I have. Fair enough?

What can you say then this age describes or have you not read or spoken with people who describe this age?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
And yet more to detract from the credibility of Raul Julia-Levy: It is very doubtful that he is Raul Julia's son, yet he claims that he is over and over. Apparently his real name may be Salvador Alba Fuentes. Check out the article about it here from the NY Times in 2005:

Six Degrees of Raul Julia

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I don't care if they dig up 1,000 hours of footage of detailed prophecies on stone walls from Mayan culture. I don't think the Mayan people were magically endowed with a special ability to correctly guess future events any more than current fortune tellers are. They also believed that the stars, sun, moon and planets were gods. They were a bit off on that one, weren't' they.

They were great at mapping out the heavens, and they were also skilled at making calenders. They don't make them magical prophets who can discern the future.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Golden age is the last age that a society goes through. An age most full of accomplishments and apparently when the pyramids were in their glory, and the river would beautifully display its glory right by the pyramids of giza and on the other side you get grass fields ... again in their glory ^^, (on researched and archeological research not to be taken literally ... by me)

i just realized i have no idea where i was going with this post, lost my train of thought

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Yeah, totally... While we are at it, let's just throw out their precious little calendar that is nearly as accurate as the Atomic Clock, because that must be BS too... They weren't smart they probably just got lucky with that one. Kind of like if we ever found out that Einstein was a serial killer in secret. "Whoop, there goes all of his work, right out the window, because he's the last person we want to take advice from!" That being said, of course we know that nobody is right all the time so I'm not gonna trust anything too much. I just think your logic is a little flawed there, buddy... plus you're lumping them all together racially... So, by your logic, I should never ever trust what an Arabian person says because some Arabian people were crazy suicide bombers. Better throw out our whole concept of numbers which came from Arabians! Go back to Roman numerals or whatever...

I think what the poster was getting at was that they were not an advanced race. Just because you can accurately map the stars and make a great calendar doesn't make you the "knower of all things" for the future. They thought the sun, moon, planets and stars were deities. They were not astronomers. Being able to see lights in the sky and map them out doesn't make you an expert on killer planets.

I wouldn't believe any predictions made by the Romans, Greeks, or current governments either. Not even Einstein tried to give predictions about future events a thousand years from now. Because it's NOT POSSIBLE.

Not that they even made predictions. Certain people, i.e. Sitchen, made horrible translations of tablets, and took vast liberties with ancients myths and quotes, and made vast leaps of logic into the realm of fantasy.. to SELL BOOKS. 14 of them in fact. Fourteen books of fiction. It's rather hilarious to read user reviews of his books. People buy into them as if they were 100% fact.

So.. there are no "revelations." Because they can't possibly have known what was going to happen in 2012. It's fantasy folks. Almost completely driven by one guy with an agenda to make money.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I find on page two that there is a preview(?) of the video and if it is then what has come of the full version if there is to be one or at least some of the material that was taken. I have it loading up now so will watch it in a bit but just curious on the stand point of this so far.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
I don't care if they dig up 1,000 hours of footage of detailed prophecies on stone walls from Mayan culture. I don't think the Mayan people were magically endowed with a special ability to correctly guess future events any more than current fortune tellers are. They also believed that the stars, sun, moon and planets were gods. They were a bit off on that one, weren't' they.

They were great at mapping out the heavens, and they were also skilled at making calenders. They don't make them magical prophets who can discern the future.

According to you and you infallible logic I seem to be somewhat majically endowed with special abilities too.
Somewhat of a fortune teller I am.

The Sun will rise in the East tomorrow.

Or,..... nahhh forget it.
I was gonna say that it may just be that it is cyclical and the sun is appearing in the East on some sort of regular intervals. But no, I like your idea better. I have special powers and so did the Mayans.

The Motto of this website is deny ignorance.
This doesn't mean deny THAT you're ignorant.
just to clarify.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Amazing! This is absolutely insane. What is the riddle on this incredible story? Elisabeth Thieriot executive producer of the docoumentary accused of fleeing with two dozen hard drives and 10 computer towers containing the film's footage.
Also, Mexico's National Institute of Anthropology and History: "The use of all footage...is illegal". The documentary promised to uncover previously unseen Mayan artifacts from the sites of Calakmul in Mexico and El Mirador in Guatemala with claims of classified archeological discoveries, dire predictions and extraterrestrial contact. The film was originally planned for a late 2012.
articles.orlandosentinel.com...

Ramon Carrasco Vargas of Mexico's National Institute of Anthropology and History, a government entity, is addressed to Thieriot and details a list of violations and warnings: "The use of all footage in both the archeological zones in Calakmul and in the Island of Jaina is unauthorized... cannot be used and is to be returned immediately."

Other related threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Are they found the ultimate proof?

Is there anymore information on this?
The link to the site, has now been removed so what was there is gone?

All seems strange, it's like everything of this documentary isn't going to see the light..
Anyone got a-hold of the producer or anything like that?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470

Yeah, totally... While we are at it, let's just throw out their precious little calendar that is nearly as accurate as the Atomic Clock, because that must be BS too...

LOL. First of all calendars and clocks are two different things, your comparison is meaningless. Second, they didn't get it all right, at all. The Mayan “tun” is 360 days long, equivalent of 0.986 years. The Romans were much more accurate, if that matters. Thirdly, a calendar is just a system made by humans according to the seasons. Hardly rocket science. All they had to do was write stuff down: How many days until the sun is in the exact same place as last. So, give us a break already...

plus you're lumping them all together racially... So, by your logic, I should never ever trust what an Arabian person says because some Arabian people were crazy suicide bombers. Better throw out our whole concept of numbers which came from Arabians!

Dude, you've got several concepts mixed up in your head. The Mayan culture was a culture, not something determined by 'race'. So, I can't see how the poster could lump them together 'racially'.
Second, your analogy is wrong: The Mayan SYSTEM was to sacrifice humans in a most barbaric fashion. So, you're wrong, Mayan 'suicide bombers' didn't do this, Mayan leaders and priests were the culprits.

It was a barbaric and authoritarian society, regardless of the almost religious idolatry some people bestow upon those peoples. I imagine many long for a strong leader? Democracy is complicated.

Oh wait! They did a few things I don't approve of either... So... Just no number system at all, just to be safe. We dont need mathmatics anyways... It's history is too tainted with violence, hence we must forget it ever existed.

Ad hominem, Ad libitum...

edit on 8-8-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: correction

edit on 8-8-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: typo

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by reflexlm

Originally posted by RealSpoke

The Mayans couldn't even predict their own demise nor have any knowledge of the future. Why would I take the Mayans any more seriously than Nostradamus?

edit on 29-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

The Mayans never predicted anything, it was the people who drew conclusions.

Indeed, it was to my understanding that this whole Mayan 2012 muck was just westernised boll***s. I know I watched a doc and when the actually Mayan people (Or their ancestors) were quizzed on the subject of 2012 and the end of the world they were puzzled, and they certainly didn't seem concerned.

But hey, if we get to 2013 then we will know for sure

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Update: Movie renamed to Decoding B'aqtun

Movie coming out December 1st.

www.hauteliving.com...

www.imdb.com...

Video here where they talk about Raul and how the movie almost didnt happen:

www.redcarpetsf.com...

edit on 27-11-2012 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
One of my friend has conduct an interview with Raul Julia Levy last week for my site www.tvqc.com...
im in the process to transcript the entire interview.

Québec Radio Host for 106.9 FM, Martin Pouliot, is doing the interview on November 22 2012, by phone and has been broadcast (and clean up) on last monday.
www.fm1069.ca... Martin page.

M.Levy was very polite and nice guy.

Here is the rough tape of the interview, no cut.

Part 1
www.4shared.com...

Part 2
www.4shared.com...

Part 3
www.4shared.com...
edit on 30-11-2012 by JeffTVQC because: correction

edit on 30-11-2012 by JeffTVQC because: adds

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join