It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Production of Mayan documentary "Revelations of the Mayans 2012 and Beyond" steeped in intrigue...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

except that acording to the article the main guy is agreeing with the Mexican government, and was going to go along with there wishes of not using certain parts of the film. He is quoted as saying the Mexican government is right.

I agree with mamaJ...

Besides the main guy implicated 3 others in top production for also stealing the film...

Think about that. Do you want to side with one guy and a government over 3 guys and a girl? I think it would be hard to convince a whole crew of people to steal something...

Seems more like they are protecting it.
I would do the exact same thing. It's actually always been a fantasy of mine.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Hmmmmm well if a documentary I was involved with had implications such as this would I want to edit out all the weird crazy stuff as the govnt would want or would I try to make copies that were not edited and lost forever? Maybe thats why she ran... ??? I really hope we get to see it now!!

I think it's more along the lines of producers promoting themselves to get investor money, not having any material to actually make the film, then running off with the "footage" claiming suppression so they don't get charged with fraud.

Wasn't the Nassim and a bunch of others soliciting funds for this a year ago?
edit on 29-5-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

You tell people to do research yet you clearly demonstrate that your own research comes from biased sources that are hardly experts. First, the calendar system is not more accurate than ours. Their solar calendar only had 365 days. As a result, over time, their months would no longer match up with the season they were supposed to fall in and the calendar had to be recalibrated.

They also made no predictions regarding 13.0.0.0.0. There is a single reference and it had to do with a religious ceremony that would occur in the city of Tortuguero. They also have nothing to say about the Fifth Sun. To them there was no such thing. They also didn't separate ages by Suns. They did it by Creations. We are the fourth creation and the one that gods were satisfied with. As a result we are the last creation and they make no indication that we will ever end. The Fifth Sun prophecy comes from the Aztec but they placed no time constraints on each Sun and they also did not use the Long Count.

The Long Count also does not match up with the end of Kali Yuga. The only people claiming this are New Agers. Kali Yuga began on January 23, 3102 BC when Krishna left Earth and will last for 432,000 years. As for the claims regarding the Christian Apocalypse considering the prophecy is composed of vague symbolism and is attached to no date I don't see how you can say it corresponds to the Long Count. There's a reason why every year someone says we are entering the Apocalypse. It's because the language of the Book of Revelations is so nebulous and ambiguous that you can turn anything you want into signs of the Apocalypse.

I would also like to point out that the Long Count does not end/repeat on 13.0.0.0.0. As I mentioned above there is only a single reference to this date. On the other hand we have a number of dates that extend beyond 13.0.0.0.0 such as those at Palenque that go beyond 1.0.0.0.0.0. We can also look at Coba Stela 1 and see that the Maya actually believed the universe to be trillions of years old and that the calendar never started over during this time.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Here is a preview of the documentary??..
vimeo.com...

Here is another??

edit on 5/29/2012 by Morpheas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

According to, supposedly, Raul-Julia himself in THIS thread, the artifacts and the promotional video that until now have been displayed, is faked;

I will like to address every fan and supporter of our project "Revelations Of The Mayans 2012 And Beyond" to inform each and every one of you that we the producers of the film have absolutely nothing to do with this promotional video , not only we are not involve with Mr Hassan and his assistants, but they are also promoting this video making people believe that we are in some way involve with them , the materials they present in this video according to our Archaeologist are fake and do not represent any Mayan artifact in any-way shape or form . Thank you
RJL

So, if it can be proven that the person that have written the above statement is indeed Raul, then any question about the artifacts and any promotional video displaying same artifacts, could hopefully be put to rest with the above statement.

edit on 29-5-2012 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
In my humble opinion this entire thing smells like a promotional gimmick. Generate controversy before the film is released. It gets people interested because there is intrigue and people start following the soap opera because they are worried it won't get released. This kind of takes the wind out of it for me because I'd hoped they really had some solid evidence, but since this obvious viral meme is being created it must be lame. Why? Because if they had solid evidence they would not need to play a soap opera as a marketing campaign. sigh.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Who cares what the Mayans thought about 2012? They killed thousands of people as sacrifices to their Gods. It is the last people I want to take advice from.

So your going to deny your self a vast amount of information just because they sacrificed people? They did not sacrifice people because they wanted to seem them scream, they had their reasons. Maybe you would be able to understand those reasons if you looked at their civilization.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Elisabeth Thieriot is suing "The Wrap" website for "Defamation And False Light Invasion Of Privacy" because that article was a false act of revenge by Raul Julia-Levy for cutting him out of the documentary and because she discovered Raul was not reliable.

"The Wrap facilitated a fraudulent act of revenge by Raul Julia-Levy, a man with a well-publicized and lengthy history of making false statement to the police and in legal proceedings, in an attempt to wreak havoc of Elisabeth Thieriot's life,"

That Raul Julia-Levy sounds like a shady character with with quite the rap sheet.

The prosecution, in its filing, contended that Julia Levy -- whom they list as having six aliases -- had a history of making false statements to police and in legal filings. Levy's "long and varied history of run-ins with law enforcement" includes charges of driving under the influence, drug possession for sale, domestic violence, child cruelty, sexual assault and multiple allegations of providing false identification to police, the prosecutor's filing stated.

Thieriot's lawsuit alleges that during filming, Julia-Levy posed as a local resident of Campeche in order to rent equipment solely in his name, outside out their joint production company (R&E Productions) in order to mislead police into believing Thieriot was a thief. Theiriot also believes that Julia-Levy had permits issued in his name, as opposed to their joint production company, for the same purpose.

Thieriot also argues that Julia-Levy was unable to get a passport to travel to Guatemala, which is why production stopped in the first place. At that point, Thieriot and Julia-Levy mutually decided to relieve Julia-Levy "of his involvement with the documentary," according to the lawsuit. Which is when, she argues, he began his revenge on her.

Here's the article:
Lawsuit by Elisabeth Thieriot

I see Morpheas beat me to it.

edit on 29-5-2012 by BuffDaddy because: update

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity

Who cares what the Mayans thought about 2012? They killed thousands of people as sacrifices to their Gods. It is the last people I want to take advice from.

So your going to deny your self a vast amount of information just because they sacrificed people? They did not sacrifice people because they wanted to seem them scream, they had their reasons. Maybe you would be able to understand those reasons if you looked at their civilization.

I'm curious how many people have been sacrificed to our Gods of war in the last century? My guess is WWII alone was orders of magnitude more destructive than anything the Maya did. The evidence for sacrifice and the Maya is shakey and mostly conjecture. What's not open for the debate is how violent our own culture is. From our sports, videos games, movies and wars we demolish the Maya and Aztecs with our lust for blood. When our western culture become a truly peaceful then maybe this can be debated, but it's very clear our culture is the most violent in human history,
edit on 29-5-2012 by calengineer because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2012 by calengineer because: fix autocorrect mistake

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by icecap
I wonder if these are the same creators of Revelations of the Pyramids (from 2011)?

That documentary was MIND BLOWING! The implications of that documentary are staggering if you haven't already seen it DO SO NOW!

I LOVE that documentary! I watch it often!! It blew me away. I had a few friends watch it who were skeptics and even they changed their beliefs from that documentary. I watch that documentary with a huge smile every time!

Arken, very cool!! I will be keeping an eye out for this documentary. I will definitely want to see it. I think there is alot more to the Mayans than we know, same goes for Ancient Egypt and all the other civilizations that are discussed on here and in various documentaries and shows such as the Ancient Alien series. I like the series but I do not agree with a lot of their theories however they do give me something to look into myself.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by icecap
I wonder if these are the same creators of Revelations of the Pyramids (from 2011)?

That documentary was MIND BLOWING! The implications of that documentary are staggering if you haven't already seen it DO SO NOW!

Thanks for directing me to this documentary, all I can say is..

Mind = Blown

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I think Elisabeth is on the up and up based on some googling I did.

Now this Raul Julia Levy may very well be a con man and has been accused of that for a long time. Even the mother Margaret Julia Levy says so. He is a well known actor, but sounds like he has used the name to his advantage.

Someone over at GLP posted in her facebbok page asking if it were a PR stunt and she replied, yes however "not mine". Sounds more like Raul's doing.

Hopefully she was protected the footage and will follow through to complete the production.

As she posted "more to follow".
edit on 29-5-2012 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

The Mayans couldn't even predict their own demise nor have any knowledge of the future. Why would I take the Mayans any more seriously than Nostradamus?

edit on 29-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

The Mayans couldn't even predict their own demise nor have any knowledge of the future. Why would I take the Mayans any more seriously than Nostradamus?

edit on 29-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

The Mayans never predicted anything, it was the people who drew conclusions.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I suggest she puts it on PirateBay as soon as possible. Once it's on there it's as safe as houses!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

If I were to guess, I would say Elisabeth has decided to take the footage and run because she doesn't want to give it back to those morons who are trying to censor this information. If luck is on her side, she may just be able to release it on the internet before she gets caught.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I think the question we should be asking the authorities of Mexico's National Institute of Anthropology and History is, why are there "classified archeological discoveries"?

That alone should be news and place the focus back on them!
edit on 29-5-2012 by reddpill because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by reddpill

They're not classified. However, you do need a permit if you want to film at these sites. If you didn't you would constantly have film crews going in and out potentially disturbing or destroying the structures and artifacts.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by reddpill

They're not classified.

I'm sorry but that was in the article, which I read was part of the mystery behind the actual story. Maybe you could explain how you personally know that there are no classified findings?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join