It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactivity In Tuna Caught Near California

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by juleol

Just to be the Devil's Advocate (a position I have found is highly suited to my talents) I'd like to offer the view of how this is benefitting humanity...

There's too many people on earth. Someone blows up the nuclear reactor and kills a few thousand. They learn from their mistake, and there's no longer a threat of overpopulation in Japan.

Side effects: people in America die from radiation by eating radioactive products from Asia. America is no longer threatened by the possibility of over-stupidity.

Scrap Devi's Advocate I think you're playing Hitler there by wanting genocide pretty much.

You also seem to value one nationality above the other as the benefit is thousands of Japanese and Asian people die but the side effect is that some Americans die?

Dude... Wtf? Thats just... Evil.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Wow, alot of misinformation on this subject.

Radiation does not do more damage internally,
The three basic classes, Alpha , Beta , and Gamma all are different.
Smoke a cigarette? Thats Alpha, and by the way, the most damaging internally.

Pacific seafood is thrashed. I am avoiding it. I cant see any good coming from eating it.
One item I don't see anyone talking about.
The FUK reactors radiation release info was just updated yesterday.
No hard numbers were given, just a comparison, I suspect this is to keep panic at the minimum.
Chernobyl was now "only" 6 times worse then the Japan accident, revised from 8 times.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but that just revised the numbers to 25% higher release.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SaltireWarrior

Remember this on the news earlier it was bound to happen and expect other animals to start showing signs, Fukushima was right on the coast the radiation will be bouncing all over the pacific plus all the migrating creatures of the sea, it was inevitable that some will swim through irradiate areas.

It's ok though they have told us it's safe to eat

edit on 29-5-2012 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by xracer09

Chernobyl will be nothing compared to the lasting effects of that "accident" I'm no expert on radiation but I know Fukushima has infected not just land and air but also sea, land doesn't really move but water and air does... a lot

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SaltireWarrior

OMG , i love tuna. are you saying i have to bring a device to the supermarket to test if they sell radioactive foods now? my friend said that he will not buy any ocean products anymore. This is sad, because i love tuna and ocean foods.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
First of all, the Centre for Biological Diversity tried to get the Bluefin on an endangered species list a good while ago but weren't successful. I bet the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, who thought there was no need for it, are having second thoughts now.

Secondly, I'm glad I've never had the taste for sushi.

Tuna, along with other fish, is known to have high levels of mercury and now it seems they're radioactive as well!

The Japanese government aren't going to tell the truth to their people. They allow the slaughter of dolphins in The Cove at Taiji - which is bad enough in itself - but the meat from those dolphins is sold in Japanese supermarkets and those dolphins are also full of mercury.

You can see in the film/documentary The Cove, that the Japanese who buy the meat have no idea where it's come from and that they are basically being poisoned.

ps. There's a lot of information on The Cove website about the state of our oceans etc but :
got to give a warning to anyone who hasn't seen the film:
it's marvellous what the activists do, to get the filmed evidence but it's really really upsetting to see what happens to the dolphns.

www.thecovemovie.com...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
pps. that warning I gave about the film was in yellow when I previewed it (?!)
don't know what I did wrong but, there you go.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
"OMG , i love tuna. are you saying i have to bring a device to the supermarket to test if they sell radioactive foods now? my friend said that he will not buy any ocean products anymore. This is sad, because i love tuna and ocean foods."

Sorry cloaked4u, think your fish supper is totally ruined now. I think SaltireWarrior will second me on this though: a Haggis supper is much better.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I just had a real bad experience with salmon, my wife is still in the hospital right now. Please stay away from Alaskan salmon, no matter what it wrong with it something is wrong with it. We both woke up blind after eating it Keep in mind though, our vision did return to us, and we can both see fine now. It took a day longer than me to happen to her though, but we both woke up blind! And frighteningly weak and nauseous. Here's everything that happened:

-Sunday, on April 27th, I purchased an Alaskan Sockeye Salmon fillet for 20 bucks. 2 pounds at 10 bucks a pound I believe. Me and my wife love to treat ourselves to some nice baked Alaskan salmon once in a while. She won't eat any other meat than fish, and I like her to eat some just for health reasons, so I don't mind cooking her up some whenever she wants. I cooked the fish sunday night. Monday I woke up, and the first thing I noticed is that I could only see like I was looking through binoculars, or toilet paper tubes. Only a small spot right in front of me was visible, and everything on the edges was like swirling colors. Sometimes it would be like black splotches all over my vision. I basically could not see crap.To be honest I did not even think anything about it, as my eyes are usually crazy when I wake up anyway, and I am usually discombobulated to an extent. If I was awake more I would probably of thought more of it, but I just thought my eyes were not working right from playing playstation 3 before I went to bed the night before. It did make me very sick to open my eyes or try to look at anything. I did feel very very tired and weak. After laying down for a while, my vision got better, so I made some earl gray tea. As soon as I drunk just a couple sips I got extremely sick to my stomach, and I couldn't stop vomiting, all day long. I vomited in the toilet, while I was trying to take a shower, while I was on the couch, the feeling was horrible. I asked my wife if she was feeling sick or anything like me, she said she was fine. I did feel like I had a fever at first as well. I vomited until it felt like my stomach was turning it's self inside out. Now of course at this point, I was hoping I had food poisoning. But in the back of my mind, I just know it was not. I have never woke up and not been able to see before. My wife was fine on monday, today I woke up to her screaming from downstairs in the bathroom to call 911. She had fallen and torn a mirror down and broken it,and was laying on the floor very scared. She had a TIA mini stroke last year, and her mother in fact died of a stroke, so anything like this is very scary. What she said is that when she woke up (to go the bathroom) she couldn't focus on anything, and in front of her vision there was like a black cloud or shadow. She said the reason the mirror probably got broken was because she couldn't see and was trying to see herself. She also said she was very weak. As well as a fever. When the paramedics got here they said her clothes were soaked wet with sweat. She does not remember falling. Also, she said she was very nauseous. She did say that her left hand was not working, which would indicate a stroke or a mini stroke. Hopefully it was not, she is due for more tests tomorrow morning. I know it is weird that both of us wake up blind though. Now the day that I was sick, I was feeling 1000 times better by that night, after feeling like I was incredibly sick. Almost unable to move sick. Could food poisoning go away so fast? Those *darn doctors, I tell someone that we both wake up and are unable to see, but they blow it off like nothing. My vision looked like a kaleidoscope on the outside of my vision. That is not something to blow off. I hate doctors, every one I ever have met is totally lack of any common sense, so much it is just plain ridiculous. My wife is doing fine right now, and I hope with everything in me she is ok. I want to start a thread on this but I lost my password/email to my old ats account, and this is my first post!

ONE THING TO ADD I FORGOT: When my wife told her sister everything, her sister said that she had made salmon balls this weekend and had gotten sick. As well as almost had to call off work from being so dizzy or light headed today. !!! DONT EAT SALMON is all I can say...

edit on 29-5-2012 by poopmaster2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I stopped listing to the so called experts a long time ago. OurGov is so far gone and corrupt they care about nothing but themselves and the NWO agenda. They all have safe food water and medicines for their needs. No one is going to save or help us. The more I learn about my country USA, the more it makes me sick. What the leaders did and let others do in the name of keeping the US citizens safe. We murdered and stole and destroyed family's homes and countries for squat to make a few family's richer and prove that true evil does exsist. I will no longer fight for this country. However; I will fight side by side with my country men and women, to rid this world of the NWO and Illuminati for they are both the same.

my rant for the day. I am getting ready to leave on holiday with my bride and regret the BS that we will have to deal with TSA

I have enjoyed reading all topics that are posted here day by day. We have some very passionate people who write great articles. I have learned a lot

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by poopmaster2
I just had a real bad experience with salmon, my wife is still in the hospital right now. Please stay away from Alaskan salmon, no matter what it wrong with it something is wrong with it. We both woke up blind after eating it Keep in mind though, our vision did return to us, and we can both see fine now. It took a day longer than me to happen to her though, but we both woke up blind! And frighteningly weak and nauseous. Here's everything that happened:

-Sunday, on April 27th, I purchased an Alaskan Sockeye Salmon fillet for 20 bucks. 2 pounds at 10 bucks a pound I believe. Me and my wife love to treat ourselves to some nice baked Alaskan salmon once in a while. She won't eat any other meat than fish, and I like her to eat some just for health reasons, so I don't mind cooking her up some whenever she wants. I cooked the fish sunday night. Monday I woke up, and the first thing I noticed is that I could only see like I was looking through binoculars, or toilet paper tubes. Only a small spot right in front of me was visible, and everything on the edges was like swirling colors. Sometimes it would be like black splotches all over my vision. I basically could not see crap.To be honest I did not even think anything about it, as my eyes are usually crazy when I wake up anyway, and I am usually discombobulated to an extent. If I was awake more I would probably of thought more of it, but I just thought my eyes were not working right from playing playstation 3 before I went to bed the night before. It did make me very sick to open my eyes or try to look at anything. I did feel very very tired and weak. After laying down for a while, my vision got better, so I made some earl gray tea. As soon as I drunk just a couple sips I got extremely sick to my stomach, and I couldn't stop vomiting, all day long. I vomited in the toilet, while I was trying to take a shower, while I was on the couch, the feeling was horrible. I asked my wife if she was feeling sick or anything like me, she said she was fine. I did feel like I had a fever at first as well. I vomited until it felt like my stomach was turning it's self inside out. Now of course at this point, I was hoping I had food poisoning. But in the back of my mind, I just know it was not. I have never woke up and not been able to see before. My wife was fine on monday, today I woke up to her screaming from downstairs in the bathroom to call 911. She had fallen and torn a mirror down and broken it,and was laying on the floor very scared. She had a TIA mini stroke last year, and her mother in fact died of a stroke, so anything like this is very scary. What she said is that when she woke up (to go the bathroom) she couldn't focus on anything, and in front of her vision there was like a black cloud or shadow. She said the reason the mirror probably got broken was because she couldn't see and was trying to see herself. She also said she was very weak. As well as a fever. When the paramedics got here they said her clothes were soaked wet with sweat. She does not remember falling. Also, she said she was very nauseous. She did say that her left hand was not working, which would indicate a stroke or a mini stroke. Hopefully it was not, she is due for more tests tomorrow morning. I know it is weird that both of us wake up blind though. Now the day that I was sick, I was feeling 1000 times better by that night, after feeling like I was incredibly sick. Almost unable to move sick. Could food poisoning go away so fast? Those *darn doctors, I tell someone that we both wake up and are unable to see, but they blow it off like nothing. My vision looked like a kaleidoscope on the outside of my vision. That is not something to blow off. I hate doctors, every one I ever have met is totally lack of any common sense, so much it is just plain ridiculous. My wife is doing fine right now, and I hope with everything in me she is ok. I want to start a thread on this but I lost my password/email to my old ats account, and this is my first post!

ONE THING TO ADD I FORGOT: When my wife told her sister everything, her sister said that she had made salmon balls this weekend and had gotten sick. As well as almost had to call off work from being so dizzy or light headed today. !!! DONT EAT SALMON is all I can say...

Well, I have an update today. Apparently, her heart didn't beat for a 6 second pause. I think that that is very bad. They are wanting to put a pace maker in her. I am pretty scared. She is doing fine now, I really just want her to come home. I am convinced 100% that what we ate was absolute poison, but these doctors blow me off whenever I bring it up.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The thing they don't tell you about this story is that Fuku didn't just release Cs-137, but over 140 different fission products. Then you have to add in the numerous transuranics produced by neutron absorption. Some of the fission product have decayed, but when you eat this tuna containing just a couple Bqs per. Kg Cs-137 your also eating a couple Bqs of Pu238, Nd144, Am234, U238 etc. And its not that they haven't found any of these isotopes its that they are blatantly just not looking.
edit on 31-5-2012 by BriGuyTM90 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by xracer09
Wow, alot of misinformation on this subject.

Radiation does not do more damage internally,
The three basic classes, Alpha , Beta , and Gamma all are different.
Smoke a cigarette? Thats Alpha, and by the way, the most damaging internally.

Pacific seafood is thrashed. I am avoiding it. I cant see any good coming from eating it.
One item I don't see anyone talking about.
The FUK reactors radiation release info was just updated yesterday.
No hard numbers were given, just a comparison, I suspect this is to keep panic at the minimum.
Chernobyl was now "only" 6 times worse then the Japan accident, revised from 8 times.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but that just revised the numbers to 25% higher release.

You are wrong about a few things. Internal exposure to radioactive Isotopes is more dangerous than external. An external exposure of Gama or Alpha (Beta can not penetrate the dead layer of skin) is usualy a one time limited exposure which has to pass threw some amount of air in order to reach your cells. But if you ingest a Radio isotope (internal) it gets logged in tissue and continues to irradiate the cells around it until it is removed from your body (if its removed at all). look up (Robert Del Tredici, At Work in the Fields of the Bomb [1987], plate 39) for a picture of what Im talking about. Also you don't have the pleasure of having a layer of dead skin so Beta particles can still damage cells. Now we do all contain a small amount of natural radioactive isotopes but with this disaster we are talking massive internal contamination. Cigarettes contain radio active additive so the act of burning the tobacco does not produce radiation. Now when it comes to Chernobyl, Fuku Released about 3x the amount of Noble gases than Chernobyl did and about half Cesium, But Fuku is on going. And Xe133 decays into Cs137 so the overall contamination is probably going to be a lot worse. Not trying to be rude or mean about this just want people to get the right information about this subject.
edit on 31-5-2012 by BriGuyTM90 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by poopmaster2

No matter who is wrong or right on the subject of exposure it seems your story is quite scary indeed. You and your wife are in my thoughts. Love & light to you.

Please keep us posted and I hope for a happier ending than what / where it may seem it is heading!!!

Can you tell us where are you located and where did you purchase the fish? I am a heavy fish eater as the rest of my family. We aren't rolling in $$ either; so I am strugling with throwing out 80% of our frozen food. HECK if I were to throw out all my food due to subjective poisoning - monsanto and now possible radiation in pacific & alaskan seafood, dairy - milk that has found traces of cesium, etc....I don't know what we would eat!!!

I am feeling like we are in our own version Soylient Green!

All we can do from here is hope for the best!
edit on 31-5-2012 by mcsandy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mcsandy

There is something you can do! In the case of Cs you can take Potassium supplements. Cs is a K analog in the body and if your body has all the K it needs it wont uptake and disperses the Cs threw out your body. Its not 100% effective but is alot better than nothing. Also Calcium supplements help the reduce the uptake of strontium.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcsandy
reply to post by poopmaster2

No matter who is wrong or right on the subject of exposure it seems your story is quite scary indeed. You and your wife are in my thoughts. Love & light to you.

Please keep us posted and I hope for a happier ending than what / where it may seem it is heading!!!

Can you tell us where are you located and where did you purchase the fish? I am a heavy fish eater as the rest of my family. We aren't rolling in $$ either; so I am strugling with throwing out 80% of our frozen food. HECK if I were to throw out all my food due to subjective poisoning - monsanto and now possible radiation in pacific & alaskan seafood, dairy - milk that has found traces of cesium, etc....I don't know what we would eat!!!

I am feeling like we are in our own version Soylient Green!

All we can do from here is hope for the best!
edit on 31-5-2012 by mcsandy because: (no reason given)

THANK YOU SO MUCH! She is actually coming home tomorrow! (thank you for the prayers, they work! Love & light to you too!) One thing is, I don't know if it is related to anything, but her potassium levels were really low. So they gave her some potassium pills plus hooked her up to some potassium in an i-v. She is going to be hooked up to a heart rate monitor that they can monitor her at all times, and if she is ok after a while then they will not give her a pacemaker. But if her heart rate messes up, then they might want her to get a pacemaker. We live in Hamilton Ohio, and the store we bought the salmon from is a store called Jungle Jims. It was wild caught Alaskan sockeye salmon, I believe it said it was previously frozen.

edit on 31-5-2012 by poopmaster2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2012 by poopmaster2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
u know,,,#ushima is starting too make
Buchenwald,,
sorry Germany,,only an alegory,,
look,, like a childrens experiment,,mini version,,

put a big wall around it 100 miles,,no enter zone,,
send all the worlds worlds ,,put in favorite bad guys,,
feed them,,let them roam free,,hell put up camera's,,charge admission,,whatever,,
cause they would all be mysteriously dead in 6 months,,and yet cause would be unknown,,,,hmmm
maybe its some kind of dead zone,,
could be a big,,prison?
edit on 31-5-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join