It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What were those sounds in the sky? - Explained

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I know what many of you are thinking, but bear with me..

We've all heard the recordings, or perhaps watched videos posted on Youtube regarding these sounds. People becoming excited or frightened, as well as the multiple hoaxes that (sadly) even certain ATS members were found to have perpetuated.

This is going to sound completely looney, but these occurences have to do with whales. Not directly mind you, and I apologize for this long post but the information is being omitted from news reports and the sites that hosted it. Whales, the Navy, Air Force, and even DARPA may all claim involvement in this issue. Speculation, of course, but I'll let you put 2 and 2 together yourselves.

I'm going to post an article that was taken down from a news site. After You scan over it, I'll explain in further depth how these things are linked.

NEWS - Thursday, May. 10, 2012
Navy study: Sonar, blasts might hurt more sea life
By AUDREY McAVOY - Associated Press

HONOLULU -- The U.S. Navy may hurt more dolphins and whales by using sonar and explosives in Hawaii and California under a more thorough analysis that reflects new research and covers naval activities in a wider area than previous studies.

The Navy estimates its use of explosives and sonar may unintentionally cause more than 1,600 instances of hearing loss or other injury to marine mammals each year, according to a draft environmental impact statement that covers training and testing planned from 2014 to 2019. The Navy calculates the explosives could potentially kill more than 200 marine mammals a year. A notice about the study is due to appear Friday in the Federal Register. John Van Dame, right, U.S. Pacific Fleet senior environmental planner, and Roy Sokolowski, a U.S. Pacific Fleet sonar modeling expert, speak in Honolulu on Thursday, May 10, 2012 about the Navy's new environmental impact statement for training and testing in Hawaii and California waters.

The U.S. Navy says its training and testing using sonar and explosives could potentially hurt more dolphins and whales in Hawaii and California waters than previously thought.

The old Navy analysis - covering 2009-2013 - estimated the service might unintentionally cause injury or death to about 100 marine mammals in Hawaii and California, although no deaths have been reported. The larger numbers are partially the result of the Navy's use of new research on marine mammal behavior and updated computer models that predict how sonar affects animals. The Navy also expanded the scope of its study to include things like in-port sonar testing - something sailors have long done but wasn't analyzed in the Navy's last environmental impact statement.

The analysis covers training and testing in waters between Hawaii and California for the first time as well. "Each time around, each time we swing through this process, we get better, we take a harder look, we become more inclusive," said John Van Name, senior environmental planner at the U.S. Pacific Fleet. The Navy isn't saying it will injure whales and dolphins as it trains sailors and tests equipment. It's telling the public and environmental regulators that its actions have the potential to harm or otherwise prompt a reaction in the animals. The Navy takes a variety of measures to prevent harm to the animals, including turning off sonar when marine mammals are spotted nearby. It says the actual numbers of injured animals would be lower as a result.

The Navy must provide the information to the National Marine Fisheries Service to earn a permit for its activities. If it didn't do so and was later found to have harmed marine mammals, it would be found in violation of federal environmental law and have to stop its training and testing. Zak Smith, staff attorney at the Natural Resources Defense Council, said he's encouraged the Navy reduced the threshold for the level of sonar it found to affect beaked whales - a species that appears to be particularly sensitive to the noise.

The Navy said it changed the threshold because research has shown beaked whales move away and otherwise react when exposed to a lower level of sound than earlier studies indicated. "My first glance shows there's positive steps," Smith said after he took a quick look at the 1,800-page document. But he said he would have to look at the details before giving his full assessment.

The Navy uses sonar to track enemy submarines, torpedoes, mines and other potential threats underwater. Sonar operators send pulses of sound through the ocean and then listen for echoes from objects hit by the sound waves. Scientists say the sound may disrupt the feeding patterns of marine mammals. The sound may also startle some species of whales, causing them to surface rapidly. The Navy will be holding public meetings on the study in Hawaii during the week of June 11 and in Southern California on June 20. ----

Read more here: webcache.googleusercontent.com...:www.myrtlebeachonline.com...

The above site's page may only be accessed now by clicking on Google's cached version of the story. The original page has been moved or taken down now altogether.

Now, how are these things related to the sounds in the sky?

On DARPA's website, as I've made mention of in some of my other posts, they are working on a global constellation surveillance network. They also are recruiting researchers and scientists to help them achieve a method of sending real-time information to the lowest echelon war-fighter on the ground, viewing through cloud cover, and mapping out terrain quickly and in 3d.

Here are four projects currently being recruited for:

DARPA-BAA-12-41: Video Synthetic Aperture Radar (ViSAR), Response Date 6/18/2012

DARPA is soliciting innovative research proposals in the area of compact flyable Extremely High Frequency (EHF) electronics (including exciters, receivers and power amplifiers), SAR scene simulation software, and advanced algorithms for an EHF-band Video Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) to provide high resolution imagery at high frame rates while minimizing Size Weight and Power (SWAP)

DARPA-BAA-12-26: Advanced RF Mapping (RadioMap) Program, Response Date 8/28/2012

DARPA is soliciting innovative research proposals in the area of Radio Frequency (RF) situational awareness employing a heterogeneous sensor network, whose constituent devices include RF receiver/transmitters deployed for other purposes such as tactical radios, using an approach that facilitates extension of the network to incorporate additional device types and to support additional Electronic Warfare/Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (EW/ISR) applications.

DARPA-BAA-12-32: System F6 On-Orbit Demonstration Testbed, Response Date 6/25/2012

This Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) announces DARPA's intention to fund the development of satellite buses to populate the System F6 demonstration cluster, host the F6 Technology Package and inter-satellite communications crosslinks on each bus, provide additional payloads to be shared across the cluster network on some of the buses, and provide support services for integration and on-orbit demo operations.

DARPA-BAA-12-35: Space Enabled Effects for Military Engagements (SeeMe), Response Date 6/29/2012

The goal of the SeeMe program is to provide useful on-demand imagery information directly to the lowest echelon warfighter

edit on 29-5-2012 by SoulVisions because: fixed.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Darpa's solicited list of projects

Now, it's been theorized (or confirmed, I am unsure) that the CONSTELLATION system being developed, along with it's cloud (as in data, not actual clouds) system is the F6 that is mentioned above on DARPA's site. "Vulture" drones, as well as the network of satellites and other air vessels comprise this system.

If you take a moment to glance over these two documents, you'll also find references to this system, the request for money to fund it, and our continued need for air and space dominance:

Fiscal Year 2012 Budget
Fiscal Year 2013 Budget
Joint Vision 2010 - Military's plan
Joint Vision 2020 - Military's plan

Many of you all have heard the famous "bloop" recording. Interestingly enough one of the recordings actually begins with what was termed a possible "winding up of the device." This is the exact same sound that was popularized in many of the Youtube videos. A metallic, grating, "war of the worlds alien walker," type of sound.

These things all in mind, the sounds we heard in the air "coming from all sides" can be deployed via use of very high frequency devices (also mentioned in the FY budget, stating it has been launched and more money is requested for more of these... also mentioned there on the DARPA website as shown above).

It's nothing more than a test of technology. A method of using old and new technology in order to successfully map the ground in 3d.

I'm running more analysis but it's been difficult getting my hands on information more and more as it's just simply disappearing. Re-sampled resources hosting the sound of the Navy's sonar equipment in "wind-up" mode, as well as sites detailing the military's operations when using these devices and it's effects on the surrounding areas.

If anyone else has more information to share, I'm all ears. Getting what evidence (even speculative reports) that I can while it's still around.

All the very best to you all.
edit on 29-5-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Hi OP,

A stupid question:
Don't you think they would develope a technology that uses frequencies that are not audible by humans?
Seems to me that war is the art of stealth. You wouldn't want the ennemy to find your source of communication...
And you also probably wouldn't want to immerge the battlefield in a constant noise pollution... U got soldoers out there too...
Donno just my first thoughts...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Logiciel

Submarines using sonar can be heard and recorded. Water even amplifies the sound. and carries it to great distances. The individuals in question always stated that they heard these odd sounds in the sky only when it was cloudy.

If it's inaudible entirely to our ears, then it's of an ultra-low variety (typically). These types of sound waves have terrible effects on individuals ranging from sickness to death. Something widely recognizable and harmful like this wouldn't be tested (well, it was but years back) on civilians. Sonar-type pings are of a high frequency. Yeah, we can hear certain ranges of sound, but past a certain limit, it's different. My thread here is designed to point out that these sounds caught on tape were the same sounds given off by the navy that the NOAA caught.

The drones/satellites method of communication is (blatantly stated by officials) using high-frequency, so low is out of the question. They desired to see through cloud cover in some way as well, if cameras don't work for visuals, sound will.

Together with confirmation that they've done this testing (sadly to the harm of marine life) makes this stand out for me.

It's not perfect, and I believe that's the point. You never know until you test/try it. But add things together and it makes a lot more sense. The accompanied "pops" heard by individuals that were present are very similar to those used by subs when "pinging," even. It's for you to decide, but the information is up there.

edit on 29-5-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

A very, very intriguing analysis, and interesting interpretation. Certainly worthy of further investigation.

I will be keen on seeing the developments, as others (who may have particular skills in fields mentioned) chime in.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Honestly I thought the same thing earlier today when I watched a show on tv that was talking about the sonar bloop. Sounds earily similar. But if I'm not mistaken these certain sounds have been a mixed bag for where they occur and when. Some were far from water. So my question is this, are they beaming this down from airplanes, satellites, crazy avengers sky aircraft carrier?...My girlfriends co-worker had the sound incident out in the mountains last summer up by Stevens pass ,WA . and according to her it was the most terrifying thing she experienced in her life.And it was far from the military bases and water.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Curious, Does DARPA mention anything in their report of tropospheric and lower ionospheric compression thats been noted in the areas of where these sounds have been heard either preceeding or directly following a sky noise event?

If it is indeed technology, you should be worried. These are the same infantile minds that created the nuke without first learning how to responsibly apply it to humanity.

Too many people asking if they can, and not if they should.

Such reactions in the earths atmosphere even locally can play hell with the jet stream, and for the last couple of years, we have been getting a front row seat to what can happen I think.

DARPA is part of the problem, and not part of the solution as their development often lacks moral compass.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LemaEcho
... these certain sounds have been a mixed bag for where they occur and when. Some were far from water. So my question is this, are they beaming this down from airplanes, satellites, crazy avengers sky aircraft carrier?...My girlfriends co-worker had the sound incident out in the mountains last summer up by Stevens pass ,WA . and according to her it was the most terrifying thing she experienced in her life.And it was far from the military bases and water.

Clouds = water. A lightning crack, or rather thunder, can be heard for miles as long as it has a medium to travel through. This is why I mentioned above that the sound was always heard when it was cloudy (read: water vapor).

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
What was the name of this program? Do you have a recording?

Originally posted by LemaEcho
Honestly I thought the same thing earlier today when I watched a show on tv that was talking about the sonar bloop. Sounds earily similar.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

I am a bit curious.....because I have seen videos of these "sounds" absent:

This is why I mentioned above that the sound was always heard when it was cloudy (read: water vapor).

Is there an explanation for those instances? I will add, however......that water vapor in the atmosphere, in 'suspension', may not always be visible. Upon further reflection (no pun intended, but oddly related), many of the locations that have reported these sounds, absent the the cloudy conditions, have been from areas that have high levels of humidity, as a rule....even if the dew point/temperature spread has not resulted in visible cloud formations....

....as I mentioned before, this is an intriguing theory.....I am anticipating some more input, from others with greater expertise, to either add, or refute (as it may be.....)......

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by PluPerfect

I am a bit curious.....because I have seen videos of these "sounds" absent:

Did you mean "clouds?" If so, then yes, but only in areas I'm aware of such as those you've already pointed out in your post above.

new topics

top topics

join