It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I Ruled The World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
If you were in position to rule the World...

What would you do? How would it look? How would it work?

Imagine walking stress free in the streets, no
collapsing
Imagine justice with out courts and no trial
Lifestyle cruising behind eyes of tragedy
No more welfare rhetoric, and underhanded strategies
Days seem longer, nights are warmer
Feeling like life just begun, no more snakes and blind
supporters
But the worlds hot, my sun deserves props evidently
It's elementary, we'll all be gone eventually
We'd sit in a state, served full plates of knowledge
If truth wasn't mixed with garbage, we'd all find
solution to our problems
Imagine everybody flashing, fashion
Self designer clothes, images on sleeves of what the

heart composed.
No more holding dough, no control
No cover ups, just law with no undercovers
Just some thoughts from the mind
I give witness and glimpses of time
watch the night read "Reality is Mine"
(and that's the message from the stars)

If I ruled the world
Imagine that
I'd free all my sons, I love em love em baby
Black diamonds and pearls
Could it be, if you could
be mine, we'd both shine
Living for tomorrow
for the last day and time
Light for all to see,
and yet it seems they all blind
(yall never get the message,'All ya gotta do is see that the stars still shine')

The way to be, paradise like relaxing back
no more arms exchange outside the race'ing track
Man, spirit and soul, free at last
Brand new Earth and now laugh at the past's killer
path
House of broken bread, is how we do
GMO free for breakfast, a Jesus piece for every
necklace
So many years of suppression, have hidden my visions
of a better living, and places to raise our kids in
Enlightened of lies, history no longer hidden, scream foul
Wisdom, no worship of owls, polished like Gold Child
Seeing things I'm still controlling, my spirits molding
Escape six in three digits, one at a time and still growing
Trips from England to France and live lavish
Two cities civilized and dissolved of every savage
Self conscious prisoner set free, and left be
release from ego, now to ride the wave like we be on jet skis

Inspiration for question and poem...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
If I were ruler of the world I would probably mess it up. I would fail to live up to the expectations of many people and probably do something that provoked the ire of the majority of the world. I would ultimately find out that being a singular ruler of such a diverse world is an impossible dream doomed to failure.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
If I were ruler of the world I would probably mess it up. I would fail to live up to the expectations of many people and probably do something that provoked the ire of the majority of the world. I would ultimately find out that being a singular ruler of such a diverse world is an impossible dream doomed to failure.

I guess it depends on your definition of ruler, the abilities and powers that such an individual may have....

I don't think that it is an impossible dream, if the dream is governed by acceptance, forgiveness and understanding of human nature. Allows freedom, and destroys all notion of discrimination... doesn't aim to protect people from themselves, rather... allows people to experience themselves as means of allowing for a truer understanding of self. Sort of difficult to explain... but yeah. Suppression is the ugliest of things, and what it manifests are the greatest of designed evils.

I would fail to live up to the expectations of many people and probably do something that provoked the ire of the majority of the world.

This is what I meant when I referenced no more snakes and blind supporters.

The one that ruled the world would not be recognized as infallible, but rather a man just like the rest, and this individuals supporters would not be blind to such. Which then would change the expectations of them. Also, those that provoke another... those are the snakes, just like Eve and that apple.

The ire of the majority of the world... would need a description of such
edit on 29-5-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional comment

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

If I ruled the world....

Eugenics would be my number one priority. Not the eugenics of the early to mid 20th century, but a modern, compassionate eugenics.

If you look at nature, the human species is the only one that does not practice survival of the fittest. And our species as a whole is weaker for it. In nature only the smartest, strongest and fastest survive. The dumb, weak and slow are eliminated from the gene pool. Only the best survive.

Our species has so much untapped potential, the potential to achieve amazing things. But it's been watered down over time.

Now, let be clear, I am NOT advocating the extermination of the stupid, weak or slow. Those less fortunate among us would be protected and cared for, BUT they should not be allowed to procreate. Only the smartest and healthiest among us should be allowed to foster the next generation.

Before you call me a hypocrite, I am one of those who should not be allowed to pass on my inferior genes. My eyesight is poor and I have severe high blood pressure. I am a defect. I am the product of impure genes. If I was exposed to natural selection, I would not survive. Nature would eliminate me from the gene pool. As it should be.

The human species could be so much more. If only we weren't wasting our potential. Imagine if only the smartest scientists, exceptional artists, most brilliant composers, fastest runners and strongest athletes passed on their genes. We would be better for it, we would be godlike.

Imagine what we could accomplish.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by StupidShouldHurt

If I ruled the world....

Eugenics would be my number one priority. Not the eugenics of the early to mid 20th century, but a modern, compassionate eugenics.

If you look at nature, the human species is the only one that does not practice survival of the fittest. And our species as a whole is weaker for it. In nature only the smartest, strongest and fastest survive. The dumb, weak and slow are eliminated from the gene pool. Only the best survive.

Our species has so much untapped potential, the potential to achieve amazing things. But it's been watered down over time.

Now, let be clear, I am NOT advocating the extermination of the stupid, weak or slow. Those less fortunate among us would be protected and cared for, BUT they should not be allowed to procreate. Only the smartest and healthiest among us should be allowed to foster the next generation.

Before you call me a hypocrite, I am one of those who should not be allowed to pass on my inferior genes. My eyesight is poor and I have severe high blood pressure. I am a defect. I am the product of impure genes. If I was exposed to natural selection, I would not survive. Nature would eliminate me from the gene pool. As it should be.

The human species could be so much more. If only we weren't wasting our potential. Imagine if only the smartest scientists, exceptional artists, most brilliant composers, fastest runners and strongest athletes passed on their genes. We would be better for it, we would be godlike.

Imagine what we could accomplish.

I've always wondered what peoples true opinions are of Eugenics...

The 20th century approach was rather crude, and the adopted understandings as to its effectiveness wasn't truly understood.

It would take a lot to prove or disprove this... well kinda, not really. I'm not up to the task at the moment, but I have posted much about the topic on ATS in various threads of mine.

DNA and gene expression are amazing topics for research... in saying that, here's my take.

We are not being watered down, although there is truth to such a notion. As time progresses and there are more and more of us to observe, the varying characteristics, predispositions of intelligence and developed behavioral traits become more apparent. This doesn't mean that we're being watered down, but rather, witnessing the multitude in variations of expression that our DNA allows.

It would seem that there is an over all harmony, like that of the spheres, that brings about a balance as we drift back and forth around an equilibrium like a pendulum.

I would agree that humanity is working away from survival of the fittest... but to even address this idea, it would seem we'd have to admit that many of the attributes that we place labels of 'good' or 'bad' are very subjective in terms of relation with the over all bigger picture outside of any given species.

It's more about adaptation I think... finding harmony with in a set, with in a given finite expression encompassing a infinite amount of possibilities. another hard one to explain lol.

If only we weren't wasting our potential.

I disagree... I don't think we are wasting our potential... our actions are to be observed, and they will bring about revelations... and people will learn from them. That simple... nothing goes to waste, but is the construct of change. It's evolving and cyclical is the best way that I can put it... It's as if... intervals of 1-12 create an identity, the finds itself at 13, which is thought to be a transition back into a new 1... and then the cycle repeats. Now you understand the references to 13 lol.

If I ruled the world, the truth of numbers would be revealed and further researched. For they are the way that we best rule, govern, and interact with reality.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
If I ruled the world, I'd appoint co-ruler positions to help me rule.
I think 1 per household should do.
Then I would make currencies illegal.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
If I ruled the world, I'd appoint co-ruler positions to help me rule.
I think 1 per household should do.
Then I would make currencies illegal.

It would be interesting if this kind of idea was adopted, and further implemented.

1 Ruler

Appoints 1 co-ruler

1 Co-Ruler

Appoints 1 Co-co-ruler(lol)

All the way down the line, until everyone above the age of 18 is included. No person could be appointed twice, and it is up to the person to accept his position that he has been appointed.

Hmmm... interesting, a lot to ponder with that one lol.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I respectfully disagree. We are wasting our potential. Every day I see the deformities, deficiencies and impurities that have been allowed to breed into our species. It saddens me. We are average, that's what we are. Average when we could be exceptional.

I have no doubt, by observing society, that we are becoming less than mediocre, we are becoming more warped, more deformed, more imperfect, with every generation.

I just can't help but dream, what the perfect humans would be like. The vision, the hearing, the speed, the quickness, the intelligence, the ingenuity, the creativity, the strength. Yet here we are, treading water. Weak breeding with smart. Dumb breeding with strong. So much genetic waste, when we could be so much more.
edit on 29-5-2012 by StupidShouldHurt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Actually, I have more than one thought on this if you're interested. Even if you're not, here goes.

If I was ruler of the world... (Political, not genetic)

The government would be based on the Republic. In the truest sense of the word. We would not elect representatives nor senators nor a president. The Assembly (or congress) would be chosen at random, in the open, by lottery. The actual citizens (of the people, by the people) would be given the opportunity to govern. They could freely accept or deny this opportunity.

With this method, we would have a true cross section of society. There would be rich and poor, black and white, straight and gay, religious and atheist. A truly representative government.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by StupidShouldHurt

I respectively disagree. We are wasting our potential. Every day I see the deformities, deficiencies and impurities that have been allowed to breed into our species. It saddens me. We are average, that's what we are. Average when we could be exceptional.

I have no doubt, by observing society, that we are becoming less than mediocre, we are becoming more warped, more deformed, more imperfect, with every generation.

I just can't help but dream, what the perfect humans would be like. The vision, the hearing, the speed, the quickness, the intelligence, the ingenuity, the creativity, the strength. Yet here we are, treading water. Weak breeding with smart. Dumb breeding with strong. So much genetic waste, when we could be so much more.

We are average, that's what we are. Average when we could be exceptional.

Well this should go with out saying... but we at a whole are 'Average' that is harmony. There are exceptional individuals, and there are those who are the opposite of such. This will forever be, no matter the manipulation of whats available to be observed. We are all created equal, and to be recognized as such, in regards to our pursuits.

The greatest thing that comes from this, and acknowledging that this is the case, is temperance. It is knowing that we must interact with one another using moderation in action, acknowledging diversity of thoughts or feelings, and using restraint. All of which, then influences and increases the likeliness of actions that are conducive towards desirable outcomes. The desired outcomes then don't only reflect that of one individual, but that of the whole, for these desires have been molded through the recognition of others.

I don't know who you are choosing to observe, for I'm seeing something different. Yeah, we are becoming 'warped' and our paradigms or perceptions as to truths and means are increasingly differing across the spectrum. As to the deformed, that's a broad statement, and there are many contributing factors. Some that are out of our control, some that are just a characteristic of DNA itself, and others that we are in control of and don't recognize or even know of.

So much genetic waste, when we could be so much more.

Just like my previous response... I don't see it as 'waste' but a building block, something to recognize, have awareness of, and build off of. It's just like polarity, and the recognition of dueling states or positions. You will not be able to recognize the differences from on another, if there is observation of such available. This then will lead to an underdeveloped understanding of what is.

Yet here we are, treading water. Weak breeding with smart. Dumb breeding with strong

it's the interaction of such, that is responsible for our evolution, especially that of consciousness...

Here are two articles that will reiterate this, both of which can be found linked in the Thread found in my signature:

How Social Interaction and Teamwork Led to Human Intelligence
www.sciencedaily.com...

shows how the interaction leads to evolution of human intelligence

Was Human Evolution Caused by Climate Change?
www.sciencedaily.com...

shows how the interaction of 'species' lead towards evolution, which I then suggest has parallels with mating between bloodlines and specific genealogical variants.

You might be interested in the following thread I created not too long ago...

PROVING: 46 & 2, "The Next Major Human Advancement", The Awakening... I'm Almost There,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's more or less about evolution of consciousness and how human interaction leads to such, then ties in our current situation....

I guess I just see opportunity, and an evolving species... and the evolution of such comes in spurts, it's not long and drawn out... rather, comes towards the end of larger intervals of time that are dictated by the very sources that created us. The Sun and Earth to be exact... but that's for a different thread in regards to how that all works lol.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by StupidShouldHurt

While I see where you are coming from, there are a few problems with your proposal.

1) Who gets to decide which condition is considered a defect worthy of denying the individual the right to procreate? It is not realistic to have a worldwide or even nationwide consensus, so who will it be?

2) When is the line drawn at what is considered an individual with an undesirable trait? How would it be tested and applied to the greater population?

3) How will this be monitored? Some "defects" only manifest later in life (after the average age of child-bearing for example) and others only show up in old age.

4) What happens when one person with an undesirable trait falls in love with somebody with desirable traits? If you cannot guarantee that the child will likely be born with any defects then how can you deny anybody the right to have children?

5) Some of history's greatest contributors have been those with what could be considered an undesirable trait, so potential contributions that benefit humanity might be missed out.

(Probably forgetting something, but that's enough for now.)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by StupidShouldHurt

I think you're theory of eugenics is highly flawed. Intelligence and physical attributes, as well as birth defects and diseases are not all caused genetics. Environmental factors are the cause of many problems.

What about personality and behavior? There are many other more important things than looks? What will you do when your race of perfect human specimens turns out to be psychopathic?

Eugenics is wrong.

This is because of people who think like you. A bunch of psychopaths who think they are superior than others.

Everyone is special and has a gift to give the World. Try to make it a positive one.

edit on 5/29/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join