It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help on arguing against the bible

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
ask him this.
if the bible the absolute word of god,why then was both the old and new testament written so long after the events in the bible actually took place!
both books were written from a much older oral source.
the latest gospel was written at least 70 years after the crucifixion!
the torah after hundreds of years after being exiled!
wouldn't ya think god would want this recorded immediately?
not rely on mans memory after 3 generations!!!
hope this helps!
the bible was written by man and his individual concept of what god is to him!
peace

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Also, don't argue with idiots. They'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

e.g. carbon dating, dinosaurs, etc: God was referring to the first day, second day, etc as spans of time to differentiate spans of time from one another. We know this because of the "a day is to a thousand years" analogy.... A day, referenced in the creation story, is a time span he has separated to tell when he has acted upon earth to achieve something different from before.

e.g. Multiple God(s) in the bible(make man in our imagine): He could have been talking to Jesus or some angels. Jesus existed in heaven before earth.

list goes on and on so....

There's no argument that you can make to disprove God(s). Just tell him you do not choose to have faith in or worship a God who cannot understand. Especially one who uses suffering as a learning aid.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
e.g. Multiple God(s) in the bible(make man in our imagine): He could have been talking to Jesus or some angels. Jesus existed in heaven before earth.

I gotcha! God needed his sons and angels help to make man, cause god needs help making stuff. Read you loud and clear!!

WE should MAKE

Not I should make...

Just sayin'

No worries, remember "The holy spirit is a false concept only designed to keep me from questioning the only thing that is provable about the trinity."

Having said that, I am un-salvagable! Really, to defeat a end boss (like a pastor) you have to use whatever weapons you found on that level.

Me, I just point out stuff till they get upset and have to go consult the magic man. (I have yet to have one return! Pastors, Popes, and regular folks. When the answer is missing, they follow suit.)

PS: Why won't god heal amputees? I mean Jesus and the angels could help with that too, since they helped make us...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Addressing Let us make man in our own imagine: Maybe he was instructing angels to do certain things to make mankind grown/evolve into something that resembles their likeness.

Addressing Holy Spirit: I don't know exactly what the Holy Spirit is. I believe it's probably God's work and he doesn't want you to go around saying things that makes his work seem insignificant.

Addressing amputees: I don't think artificial limbs answers what you're looking for but someone might use that. I don't know if you're saying you expect God to make everyone physically equal and thus God isn't real because he doesn't - but it sounds like it. If God was real would you expect him to fulfill vein prayers? I think a better question would be: Why does God allow mentally challenged or mentally inferior people to exist? I think you just put value where God does not. To that vein question though, I have no answer, but I'm sure someone can answer that for you.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

Nay, all I am asking is how come god has never cause one person ever to grow a lost limb back?

He answers all those other prayers, but has ignored countless masses...

And again, if god needed help making man he is no god. Gods don't need help, well other than being created by man. (Not the other way around...)

Regardless, all of these argument will do well against a prospective street prostelizer. Which JC also told folks not to do, and not make a religion after him, and love each other, and judge themself before me....

Just sayin' Even the Christians themselves are not adequate proof of Christiainty, since the majority do not follow the rules. (If they did this conversation would not exist...)

Let us create god in our image
Funny that sentence doesn't conjure up questions...
edit on 5/29/2012 by adigregorio because: Conjuring no questions...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

You are creating a paradox with the angel help thing. So what if he created them to help himself. What if I wrote a program that makes my job easier. Does that mean I'm a cheater or a fraud?

And just because God doesn't live up to your own expectations doesn't mean he isn't real.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

You are creating a paradox with the angel help thing. So what if he created them to help himself. What if I wrote a program that makes my job easier. Does that mean I'm a cheater or a fraud?

It means neither, it means you needed help.

Gods don't need help.

EDIT
Also you know nothing of my expectations, that's aweful judgy of you. What would Jesus judge?
edit on 5/29/2012 by adigregorio because: Judge Jesus will be right back after these short messages.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Addressing the Jesus question: I don't know if he would chase you out like the money lenders or if he would say judge not least ye be judged. You should pray and ask him yourself.

Addressing the rest: If you cannot understand the fallacies of your logic, when I presented to you, in a very clear way, its errors, I cannot go into further debate with you.

I'm sorry I cannot explain basic principles to you so that you can understand them. I pray for logic and understanding - not how to teach them to all others. Sorry again.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Fallacies in my logic?

You tried to discount black and white print with an opinion. The bible says: Let US make man in OUR image.

It doesn't say: I will make man in OUR image.

Furthermore you have yet to adress the fact that god has never answered an amputees prayer.

PS: You don't wish to debate further, because your points are lacking.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

There's no argument that you can make to disprove God(s)

According to Jesus there is only one God....

Though there are many "Gods" mentioned within the bible...

Which will you believe?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Furthermore, due to the unforgiviable sin. Hitler will be welcomed to heaven, if he apolgized of course. Where as I will never go, just because I used some foul language...

Yeah, heaven sounds like a boring place anyways.

Why not ask that pastor this:

How could you live an eternity of happiness knowing that billions upon billions of people were suffering under your feet?

Sorry, but billions suffering with no chance of me helping them. That would be my hell, sitting on a cloud looking at those in pain.

No thanks!
edit on 5/29/2012 by adigregorio because: Godwin!!!!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I wrote it like that because I was referring to the ideal of God(s). That is to say, I don't know how many there are/were.

I think the many gods of the Bible are addressed as idols/false gods(little g) and are not to be confused with the God, of the bible.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Heres some of the things the "God" of the bible has said, and done...

www.evilbible.com...

So again, who will you believe?

The bible?

Or Jesus?

They do not speak of the same God

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

If you want my opinion on something you're welcome to ask me, but don't get mad at God or anyone else if I don't know the answer or if I answer incorrectly.

If you choose to not worship God, because you cannot understand why he has said or done something, that is on you.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

If you choose to not worship God, because you cannot understand why he has said or done something, that is on you.

That's the problem, I do not wArship God(s) because I DO understand.

Again, why has he ignored the billions upon billions (since creation!) of amputees?

Cindy Loo: "Dear God, I have cancer please cure me!"

Newspaper: Cindy Loo cured of cancer! Miracle!

Cindy Boo: "Dear God, can I please have my legs back?"

Newspaper: .....

If there was a god (that intervened like the bible god) there would be accounts of re-grown limbs. But there is none...

whywontgodhealamputees.com...

(EDIT)

A simple experiment

For this experiment, we need to find a deserving person who has had both of his legs amputated. For example, find a sincere, devout veteran of the Iraqi war, or a person who was involved in a tragic automobile accident.

Now create a prayer circle like the one created for Jeanna Giese. The job of this prayer circle is simple: pray to God to restore the amputated legs of this deserving person. I do not mean to pray for a team of renowned surgeons to somehow graft the legs of a cadaver onto the soldier, nor for a team of renowned scientists to craft mechanical legs for him. Pray that God spontaneously and miraculously restores the soldier's legs overnight, in the same way that God spontaneously and miraculously cured Jeanna Giese and Marilyn Hickey's mother.

If possible, get millions of people all over the planet to join the prayer circle and pray their most fervent prayers. Get millions of people praying in unison for a single miracle for this one deserving amputee. Then stand back and watch.

What is going to happen? Jesus clearly says that if you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. He does not say it once -- he says it many times in many ways in the Bible.

Source

Really, that site is all you need to take down most any argument. That and the unforgivible sin

edit on 5/29/2012 by adigregorio because: Obvious edit is obvious

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

If you want my opinion on something you're welcome to ask me, but don't get mad at God or anyone else if I don't know the answer or if I answer incorrectly.

I don't get "mad" especially at God

But as my sig says "we're all Mad".... entirely different meanings

As i've said, there are many Gods mentioned in the bible... but there is ONE true God...

What is found on that site are quotes from the bible that are not from the one God... aside from the ones from Jesus... Those are just incorrect assumptions.

Adigregorio: the amputee thing is not a valid arguement... God don't work that way bro

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Adigregorio: the amputee thing is not a valid arguement... God don't work that way bro

God doesn't answer prayers?

EDIT

What about the unforgivible sin?
edit on 5/29/2012 by adigregorio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio

Originally posted by Akragon

God doesn't answer prayers?

EDIT

What about the unforgivible sin?
edit on 5/29/2012 by adigregorio because: (no reason given)

IF one loses a limb there is a reason for it... Gods work made manifest in mans life...

The reason for it is that persons "karma".... I hate saying that but unfortunatly its the only logical way...

And what of "the unforgiveable sin"?

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

All will make it to the afterlife... the spirit is eternal... Unfortunatly not everyone will be happy with the result after they pass...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I answered your question about amputees already, but I guess you couldn't understand it because it challenges your belief system.

I don't think vain prayers are answered very often - if at all. Especially when one uses amputees as a test subject for finding if God exists. Moreover, you feel like there is no God because he doesn't meet your expectations or because you cannot understand him - that is illogical.

You made a paradox when you implied God shouldn't need help, because you fail to see that anything he creates to make his job easier is still his creation. If God makes an angel to do what he wants, it does not break the law of God being all powerful.

And the point you made about people suffering for all eternity fails to acknowledge the apocalypse of peter.

This is probably the last time I respond to you because it infuriates me when someone cannot understand basic [snip] or deliberately focuses on something irrelevant.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join