It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Iranian False Flag?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
After the stuxnet attack on Iranian nuclear facilities two years ago, the Iranian government put out the call for hackers to join the Iranian revolutionary guard.

This video gives a good run down of what happened...

Now, the US is often accused of carrying out false Flag operations, so why not Iran?

There is proof that they recruited hackers after the stuxnet attack and it is well known that stuxnet is a re-programmable weaponized virus...

It's not that much of a leap to guess that Iran at least wanted to make use of stuxnet for themselves.

From what we know of FLAME at the moment, it is gathering information, maybe the opening volley of something much larger to come.

The attacks on Iranian systems could be part of the deception...

I should say too, that the other side of the coin is a possibility, namely a false flag on Iran by Israel and/or US.

I find it odd that Israeli AND Iranian systems have been attacked, though and opens up a third option if the above two are incorrect.

A terrorist group, not acting for any state but themselves.

Whatever it is, I think this is just the beginning...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

It's a murky business and the motivations could be commercial as well as political. By this I mean Flame can be used to destabilise the National Security of Middle-Eastern countries as well as their commercial development.

So far it appears to be centred on Iran (according to Kaspersky) but it's a small sample to get carried away with and wider targets could be part of the overall scheme.

The tool-kit is Swiss-Army enough to potentially sniff out large account holders and allow for major-money transfers. Potentially, the creators could be mining a wide array of information that they could use politically but what if they screw a country by moving assets away? Massive cash transfers? The 1st Gulf War bank heist would look like nothing.

Whoever it is, it's less likely to be a false flag and more likely to be that loose association of (mainly) Western groups trying to destabilise the Middle-East. Or should that be continue to keep the Middle-East more destabilised than they are already?

One thing that particularly intrigues me: where are the other malwares? Where are the ones that would target Chinese, US or Russian political infrastructure? So far, it seems like there's only one game in town and it's over in the Persian Gulf.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Well it could be something to do with destabilizing the middle east.

But the fact that Iran and Israel both have been affected, speaks volumes to me...

Do they share a common enemy? Or is one of them playing silly buggers to appear innocent?

It's a hard one to gauge, that's for sure!

new topics

join